You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Tikay RE: Poker League Final

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
Just saw the programme on the channel and regarding by call with 42 to a BB 3bet AI.

1. I was kinda bored, I'm 99% a cash player so do find any tournie kinda boring anyway.

2. I go in these things to win and dont mind taking these gambles early on to gather chips.

3. Bev had done that move the last 4 times she was BB, so I figured that she just has ATC here....with the money already in the pot I figure that I'm getting the kinda right price if she does have that range as I would imagine that she is pushing with tonnes of Ax/Kx/Qx/ hands...as it happened she had the worst hand for me to be up against but w/e thats the risk I took.

Thanks for bringing the hands up and as I've recently started going to the G at Luton I hope to see you there one day at the cash tables :)

Comments

• edited July 2009

Hi scotty - thank you.

I could have discussed that hand ALL NIGHT, if time allowed me to - it fascinated me in so many ways.

For those that never saw it, there was a Raise to 300 - very early in the League Final, & Scotty smoothed it, with 4-2 Diamonds.

Player behind then Jams for, I can't recall, but maybe 3,000 or 4,000.

Original Raiser Passes, scotty calls. With 4-2 Diamonds. And loses. But he goes on to Cash, if I'm, not mistaken.

And here's the thing.

Can you imagine what the hecklers in the Rail would say at that Call?

Donkey, fish, & far far worse. We've all see these so-called "experts" in the Rail.

So I made the point. scotty is a good player, a very good player. We KNOW he is good. Nobody can suggest otherwise. His record proves it, the fact he qualified for the League Final proves it.

And the fact he went in to Cash - or nearly so, while not proof, suggests he must be good - ONLY good Players qualify for the League Final.

So I tried to make the point to the hecklers. "You might not like that Call - I sure don't - & you might not ever make that Call - I can't. But don't be name-calling other players just because you can't suss their game. It's their money, they can play any way they like". (And of course if he'd hit, it would be Premiship Area 51 Material....).

Rich Orford asked me to explain the Call. I could not, & did not try to.

And that's the whole thing about Poker!

Peeps do their own thing, with their own money, their own way. And why not?

It's a wonderfully interesting game played so many different ways by so many different people. And yet, a good player -  a proven good player - makes a play outside the conventional box, everyone's on his Case, & if he wins, it's rigged.

Very odd people, poker folk.

Loved the way you mixed it up scotty, & thanks for Posting. I think you'll confirm that I never at any stage denegrated your Play. I have no right, nobody has that right, to get all high & mighty because you play differently to most of us, because you can play any way you wish with your money.

I wish you continued success, I really do.
  • edited July 2009

Oh,  yes - I look forward to meeting you at Luton. I'll enjoy chatting with you, I know I will.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks for the reply Tikay...I know you didn't criticise it, but I just thought I'd try and explain my thought process for the hand.

And I didn't just cash, I came first :)

Just been on a cash table with Rich and looks like you'll be at the G on the 19th for a deepstack tournie so I'll do my best to attend.

• edited July 2009
    nice post's guys ... and just to add TK..."Confusion"    is the best weapon in any poker players armoury

Trouble is in my case .. I "Confuse"  myself sometimes !!  hahaha

See  you guys at Luton ...I'm playing in the festival      Sat 1st Aug .. Thurs  6th and Fri 7th

PS 1st  is Great scotty
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: FAO Tikay RE: Poker League Final:
    Thanks for the reply Tikay...I know you didn't criticise it, but I just thought I'd try and explain my thought process for the hand. And I didn't just cash, I came first :) Just been on a cash table with Rich and looks like you'll be at the G on the 19th for a deepstack tournie so I'll do my best to attend.
    Posted by scotty77
    Boom!

Exactly - EXACTLY - the point I wanted to make. But I wanted you to make it. Only fair.

Yes, there's a bit of a Sky Poker expidition to Luton in August - Orford, a bunch from the Office, maybe Orpey, all going.

We actually arranged to go a week earlier, & I said I'd go. The next day Orford moved the date forward a week - & never told me!

Scared, see.
  • edited July 2009
    Sounds like it will be a good night, nice that its on a Wednesday so car parking shouldn't be an issue like last Friday I waited 35 mins just for a space!
  • edited July 2009
    Sounds like it will be a good night, nice that its on a Wednesday so car parking shouldn't be an issue like last Friday I waited 35 mins just for a space!
    Posted by scotty77
    When the Luton G Car Park is full, there's a FREE Council Car Park exactly 50 yards away, righti opposite the Luton-G Car Park Entrance.
  • edited July 2009
    Ah right didn't know that thanks very much I'm sure it will be useful in the future
  • edited July 2009

Has anybody ever won the league final on their only appearance in it innit?

• edited July 2009
    Has anybody ever won the league final on their only appearance in it innit?
    Posted by Chompy_imo
    Sigh.

Go on, I'll buy it.

Err, not that I'm aware of Chomps, do you know different?
  • edited July 2009
    Cough cough, ahem, cough cough. Modesty forbids...