You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MasterCash meets Total Player!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

A VERY big night tonight, with TWO very special live Shows.

At 8pm, Mastercash, featuring "The Grind", with three very special Grinders. The 2 hour Show will include, as always, "Top Of The Pots".

And at 10pm, (drum-roll), it's the final edition of Total Player, which will reveal the Total Player winner. There will be no less than NINE people in the Studio, I gather. I'm sitting on Orford's lap, I think.

During MasterCash, we will try - TRY - to read out as many e-Mails as possible (no promises), so send them into the usual addy please - skyopen@bskyb.com

The Techie folks in the Gallery will also be monitoring the Chat-Box on "The Grind" Tables during MasterCash, & again, where possible, Rich or I will try to read out comments. 

Comments

• edited March 2010

So, tonight's "The Grind", will feature three players you have probably heard of......

Ben Nuttall, aka Nutter5932.

Dan Brown, aka Dantb10.

David Capon, aka sparce.

They will all be playing under their OWN aliases, NOT their TP aliases.

The ROI based "The Grind" is based on ROI on MONEY USED, so they can pull up as little or as much as they wish.

We don't know WHAT Tables they will play on yet, so use "Find A Player" to locate them, but it will almost certainly be the Mastercash badged Tables.

Oh, & do me a favour. BUST THEM!

The Grind will probably run from about 8pm, (possibly slightly earlier, so they can ensure they get a seat), until no later than 9.30pm.
  • edited March 2010

It will be quite an atmo in the Studio tonight, particularly at the end of Total Player.

But for Rich, Producer 'Ling, & myself, it will be a bitter-sweet Show too, as it brings to an end our Saturday night rota, which we have done uninterrupted since MasterCash began, back in November, & Total Player, in December. Total Player obviously ends tonight, but as far as I know, MasterCash continues - though without Rich, Ling & myself, as we are all moving on to other Shows, on other nights.

I've never enjoyed doing ANY shows on Chennel 865 as much as I've enjoyed doing these two Shows, both of which have been huge fun, not just on air, but on the Forum, too. Sure, there has been a bit of flak here & there, but overall, I would not have swapped with anyone.

The attraction, of course, has been the interaction, the community spirit, the banter. You guys are special, very special.

On behalf of Rich, Ling, & myself, thank you very much.

I must also thank Ling & Rich for putting up with the grumpy old fella. Because I DO get a bit grumpy, trust me, but those two carried me through everything, & never once complained.

It's been emotional.
  • edited March 2010
    Loved every minute of It. Great stuff - thanks to you all.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: MasterCash meets Total Player!:
    It will be quite an atmo in the Studio tonight, particularly at the end of Total Player. But for Rich, Producer 'Ling, & myself, it will be a bitter-sweet Show too, as it brings to an end our Saturday night rota, which we have done uninterrupted since MasterCash began, back in November, & Total Player, in December. Total Player obviously ends tonight, but as far as I know, MasterCash continues - though without Rich, Ling & myself, as we are all moving on to other Shows, on other nights. I've never enjoyed doing ANY shows on Chennel 865 as much as I've enjoyed doing these two Shows, both of which have been huge fun, not just on air, but on the Forum, too. Sure, there has been a bit of flak here & there, but overall, I would not have swapped with anyone. The attraction, of course, has been the interaction, the community spirit, the banter. You guys are special, very special. On behalf of Rich, Ling, & myself, thank you very much. It's been emotional.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi m8, such a shame that it's your last show, you lot have made it such an enjoyable show to watch - not just in the TP shows but the MC has been awesome to watch and watching you and Orford's reaction in Top of the Pots is just amazing!! I know that MC will continue as you say, but it is sad that you won't be continuing - very well done to the three of you - you have made it great viewing and the best of luck to you all in your new projects - I can't wait to watch :)
  • edited March 2010
    All the best to the TP'ers tonight - they're going to be rather nervous I expect!

And I'm sorry to hear you, Rich and 'Ling won't be doing the Mastercash anymore :( It's the only show I regularly recorded. You're an amazing team but I guess the old saying "all good things...." - but we'll see you elsewhere I hope & good luck to whoever takes over the Saturday night slot.

• edited March 2010
    Ben Nuttall, aka luckbox

Dan Brown, aka Fish

David Capon, aka all in machine

Only kidding guys - or am I lol!! Best of luck to you three tonight - can't wait to watch you play on MC - it's always great watching great cash players on MC!!
  • edited March 2010
    They should do the All-In Roulette type thing we saw on the Omaha table yesterday!

Total Prayer! :-D
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: MasterCash meets Total Player!:
    They should do the All-In Roulette type thing we saw on the Omaha table yesterday! Total Prayer! :-D
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hey... there is a skill to that!
  • edited March 2010
    It's a sad, sad day when you get taken off what is without a doubt the most popular show on 865. 

Hopefully it won't be long until you are rota'd back on to Saturday evenings together.

Do we know who is taking over the slot yet?  A few suggestions for you:

Ant and Dec - Where the new intro to Top Of The Pots could be a rendition of "Lets Get Ready To Rumble"
    Cannon and Ball - with catchphrase "Rock on TommyD"
    Little and (not so) Large (any more since the cuppa-soup / oxo diet)
    The Chuckle Brothers

Edit: Ling of course would be played by the ever so posh Hyacinth Bucket aka Bouquet
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    Gutted that you guys are coming off Mastercash to be honest.  Posh Ling has done a great job and you two hosting it have been magnificent.

Thank you all for making it (in my opinion) the best show on 865.

Good luck to all of the grinders on tonight and for the TP final
  • edited March 2010
    strange decision to say the least in removing you two from mc surely the most popular show on the channel

good luck
  • edited March 2010
    As above, if it aint broke, why fix it???....

Serious question though......why? I don't understand it couldn't really have gone down any better with everyone, never heard anyone say anything bad at all about mastercash......?

Anyway i'll echo the words of others and say thanx very much for bringing a very entertaining, yet educational show on Saturday nights....hope the next presenters can keep up the good work! 

(Maybe Dave Tuckman and Trevor Harris analysing, and JHartigan "presenting" yet analysing at the same time?)

Great line up!!!

DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    you have had a few beers dohhhh!!
  • edited March 2010

great show guys you will be sadly missed ,

great banter and advice ,

gl to the 3 tpers tonight !
  • edited March 2010
    Just want to reiterate what Tikay has said...

Yes, he does get grumpy.

That is all.

LOL
  • edited March 2010
    Seriously though, I do want to reiterate what Tikay said.

I've thoroughly enjoyed Mastercash and Total Player and will be sad to leave Saturday nights.

Thanks to all you guys for supporting the two shows- which Tikay, Ling and I are very proud of as we've been there right from the start.

But I'm pleased to say we're leaving Mastercash in the very capable hands of Lisa Marie and, who wouldn't want to be left in the hands of LM? ;)

Keep the messages coming in guys, I'll be reading as many as I can on tonight's show.

Oh, and good luck to the TP'ers!
  • edited March 2010
    What!  Lisa-Marie is doing Mastercash?  Finally, those other two were doing the show for far too long. ;-)
  • edited March 2010

Well, rehearsal is finished, working out how to choreograph the cameras, lighting, graphics etc for the "reveal" was quite something for the techies.

Just to say, also, that NONE of the Studio Crew, including Rich or I, & the Mentors, will know the result UNTIL the Reveal. I guess 'Ling knows, but I ain't asking, & she ain't telling.

We WILL all know - at least, those of us in the Studio with "talkback" (earpieces connected to the Gallery), about 2 seconds before you do.

Posh Boy (sparcey) is here, we've had a chat, & I gather Ben & Dan are, too, though I've not seen the latter two yet.
  • edited March 2010
    No Way.... MasterCash will not be the same with Tikay, especially during "Top of the Pots".... when he screams everytime the gin card comes out lol.... 
    Why on earth are they moving you to another slot Rich & Tikay if you Love presenting it, and we Love watching you do it!???
  • edited March 2010
    Good luck to the Tp-ers.

Congratulations to all involved with Mastercash to date for producing a wonderful show.

Saturday night won't be the same without Tikay and Richard but I'm sure that Lisa-Marie and her co-analyst will do a great job too.

Without doubt, this show has been the highlight of the week on Channel 865 - long may it continue.
  • edited March 2010
    Glad you'll get weekends off boys but...

How do we follow that?!!!

• edited March 2010

The thread has gone slightly skew-wiff, so I need to explain a few things.

All the Presenters, Analysts & Producers work in sort of Teams, on a Roster, & the Roster changes every 6 weeks or so.

However....Total Player was a first for the Channel - a "series", which lasted 16 weeks (?), & for Continuity reasons, the same ""Team" needs to do the whole Series. So, in short, we have pretty much messed up the Roster.

So, all that is happening, is that we are "reverting to Roster". And I'm 100% sure that the next Team - I believe it's Lisa, Mark, & Producer Chris - will bring their own spin to the Show, & MasterCash will continue to get better & better.

As for Rich & myself, we are moving to Pre-Records on Wednesday, when we do 4 or 5 Shows in one go, & we will do that for 6 weeks, God willing, then move to Thursdays or Sundays.

Included in that 6 weeks, pending a pilot show we record this Wednesday (not for transmission, just to sort it out), will be the first 5 editions of a.....new Show.

Can't wait.

PS - Thank you for all your support, & kind words.
  • edited March 2010
    Oooo new show? Let you off then :o)

The very best of luck to Lisa-Marie & Mark (and producer Chris obv!)

x
  • edited March 2010
     shame tp is ending, aswell as tikay and rich not doing the mastercash anymore this is the one night i always look forward to watching ( or recording) every week been a great series. looking forward to seeing what this new show is.

good luck to lisa and the team from next week sure it will go from strength to strength still
  • edited March 2010
    The TOTAL PLAYERs will be playing on Master Cash 14
  • edited March 2010

rich you remind me of my favourite brother the one thats  very funny guy ,

tk you remind me of my favourite granddad a gentleman  ,

great show guys well done !
  • edited March 2010

Love the show tonight - brilliant - especially the last few hands from sparce...nice to get into the head of a great cash player, and he makes it look sooooo easy !!!!

"If he checks the river I value bet" - (with 2nd pair 6 kicker and £150 in the pot) haha

Keep it up and gl all tonight !!!

DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    Tikay, Rich and Ling!

How can the Saturday night show ever be the same without you three? Seriously It has been fantastic viewing. You all work so hard and make it the best show it could be! It can not be the same without you! I just cant imagine TOTP without you two screaming when 2k goes in the middle. And rich saying every week "I'll never understand how these guys play".

I hope to see you back on Saturdays soon. ( You do deserve your weekends back though lol)

Lewis