You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Horriblest beat ever

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
layerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £281.20
bandini Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £377.58
  Your hole cards
  • K

Fold     
 Fold     
 Raise  £7.00 £10.00 £274.20
bandini Call  £6.00 £16.00 £371.58
Flop

• K
  • Q

Check     
bandini Bet  £8.00 £24.00 £363.58
 Raise  £32.00 £56.00 £242.20
bandini Raise  £48.00 £104.00 £315.58
 All-in  £242.20 £346.20 £0.00
bandini All-in  £315.58 £661.78 £0.00
bandini Unmatched bet  £97.38 £564.40 £97.38
 Show
  • A
  • K

bandini Show
  • K

Turn

• Q

River

Two Pairs, Kings and Queens £562.60  £562.60
Generally I mess about at the sit and gos. Double your money in particular. £20ers make me sweat. But today, fueled by Hibs' terrible performance, I headed to the cash tables. Semi-boozy, I could make no wrong moves and had a degree of luck. From under a 100 I made huge profits, Amounts that would mean something to me. And then this happened. Not only do I awake to know I can't even deposit to try and win it back but I've punched through two walls in my house.

Tomorrow's another day but.

Maybe I shouldn't have called with K8.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    sry m8 k8 v ak no bad beat,what you doing calling with that i wouldnt call with that if i were that drunk that i couldnt see ladedaladedaladeda and im am that drunk dedadeedaa seee....
  • edited March 2010
    elsadogs J-7 was worse
  • edited March 2010

Hibs were Gash Mate

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Horriblest beat ever:
    sry m8 k8 v ak no bad beat,what you doing calling with that i wouldnt call with that if i were that drunk that i couldnt see ladedaladedaladeda and im am that drunk dedadeedaa seee....
    Posted by stokefc
    Hmm, maybe. Pre-flop might have been daft but after? It's the stuff of dreams normally?

3 of a kind was beating me. Nothing else was. I was guessing AA's.

I genuinely don't believe I made a bad move?

Obviously I did, but you don't win at poker without taking risks?

Win some, lose some. I'll be back.
  • edited March 2010
    Hibs were Gash Mate
    Posted by emilyegg
    That, I'll confess.
  • edited March 2010
    thats the spirit m8 well done.keep your chin up fella
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Horriblest beat ever : That, I'll confess.
    Posted by bandini
    Fair play to Yogi mind...he said the better team won
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Horriblest beat ever:
    layer Action Cards Amount Pot Balance   Small blind   £1.00 £1.00 £281.20 bandini Big blind   £2.00 £3.00 £377.58   Your hole cards K 8         Fold           Fold           Raise   £7.00 £10.00 £274.20 bandini Call   £6.00 £16.00 £371.58 Flop     K 8 Q         Check         bandini Bet   £8.00 £24.00 £363.58   Raise   £32.00 £56.00 £242.20 bandini Raise   £48.00 £104.00 £315.58   All-in   £242.20 £346.20 £0.00 bandini All-in   £315.58 £661.78 £0.00 bandini Unmatched bet   £97.38 £564.40 £97.38   Show A K       bandini Show K 8       Turn     Q       River     9           Two Pairs, Kings and Queens £562.60   £562.60 Generally I mess about at the sit and gos. Double your money in particular. £20ers make me sweat. But today, fueled by Hibs' terrible performance, I headed to the cash tables. Semi-boozy, I could make no wrong moves and had a degree of luck. From under a 100 I made huge profits, Amounts that would mean something to me. And then this happened. Not only do I awake to know I can't even deposit to try and win it back but I've punched through two walls in my house. Tomorrow's another day but. Maybe I shouldn't have called with K8. Horrible, horrible, horrible.
    Posted by bandini
    LOL  That made me laugh mate
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Horriblest beat ever : Fair play to Yogi mind...he said the better team won
    Posted by emilyegg

Aye.

ER awaits. If you fluke your way into the top 6.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Horriblest beat ever : LOL  That made me laugh mate
    Posted by POTTSY82

I'm an idiot. But as long as I can amuse the populace I don't feel so bad :-)
  • edited March 2010
    Just coughed up spewings onto my beautful Hibs away top. With no warning.

Horrible, horrible day.

I'm not a huge believer in Karma. But you don't want to play me tomorrow. Surely?
  • edited March 2010
     didnt you start a thread about drinking and poker earlier? lol after the flop vul mate keep your chin up m8
  • edited March 2010
    Completely standard.  Why are you wasting my time with this bile?
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by Wilhelm
    Standard to lose about 40x blinds?

I ain't greeting but you can kiss my a'. with that comment.

I live, I learn.
  • edited March 2010
      didnt you start a thread about drinking and poker earlier? lol after the flop vul mate keep your chin up m8
    Posted by robc
    Aye, I was winning crazy.

I accept my karma.

It was just very horrible tonight.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by Wilhelm
     imo no need for this comment he lost alot of money! i no it was off his own back but to put in this comment is harsh its not helping anyone 

just my opinion
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Horriblest beat ever : Hmm, maybe. Pre-flop might have been daft but after? It's the stuff of dreams normally? 3 of a kind was beating me. Nothing else was. I was guessing AA's. I genuinely don't believe I made a bad move? Obviously I did, but you don't win at poker without taking risks? Win some, lose some. I'll be back.
    Posted by bandini
    You got unlucky but to be honest a number of hands were beting you or had massive draws against you K Q kk 88 ETC but the problem with a small kicker when it pairs is exactly what happened to you it can get counterfeited its the worse way to lose a hand but not uncommon ul and good luck on your return to the tables
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Horriblest beat ever : Aye, I was winning crazy. I accept my karma. It was just very horrible tonight.
    Posted by bandini

i wasnt having a dig mate, i feel for ya think most people have gone abit crazy when they have had a drink and hope you win it back soon mate
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Horriblest beat ever : Standard to lose about 40x blinds? I ain't greeting but you can kiss my a'. with that comment. I live, I learn.
    Posted by bandini
    My "standard" comment was referring to the marginal beat, but if you are going to play K8 out of position to a 3x raise then you need to be expecting to loose money in the long-run.  So to re-iterate: standard.
  • edited March 2010
    Then today, this;

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bandini Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £77.76
    marsden01 Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £96.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q

Banno Fold     
    HIMBOUNLES Fold     
    boylebag Fold     
    bandini Call  £0.50 £2.00 £77.26
    marsden01 Raise  £3.00 £5.00 £93.50
    bandini Call  £3.00 £8.00 £74.26
    Flop

• Q
    • A

bandini Bet  £6.00 £14.00 £68.26
    marsden01 Raise  £12.00 £26.00 £81.50
    bandini Call  £6.00 £32.00 £62.26
    Turn

• Q

bandini Check     
    marsden01 Bet  £11.00 £43.00 £70.50
    bandini All-in  £62.26 £105.26 £0.00
    marsden01 Call  £51.26 £156.52 £19.24
    bandini Show
    • Q

marsden01 Show
    • A
    • A

River

marsden01 Win Full House, Aces and Queens £154.72  £173.96
    Next

Carlsberg don't do horrible weekends. But if they did....

Anyone got the number of a good loan shark?
  • edited March 2010
    But u call a raise pre out of position with Q4????  Am I missing something here as I can't get how ur unlucky here!

Fold pre and def fold flop and ur not gonna get into these horrible situations.
  • edited March 2010
    Come on Bandini, that was just HORRIBLE - Queen Four?! Out of position to that PF raise?! If you play junk and then get married to it then you get into these situations
  • edited March 2010
    AA beat Q4?? hows that a bad beat? Should have folded to raise pre flop if not then on the flop you have middle pair 4 kicker on a straightning board 2 diamonds and a ace on there. what did you think he was raising you pre flop with?? you bet 3/4 of the pot on the flop and get re raised surely this gives you your answer your beat? what exactly you beating here?

sorry i felt abit sorry for you yesterday cause you lost alot of money but i really dont see how this is a bad beat just bad play by you
  • edited March 2010
    am i missing something here or were you always behind and therefor this is not a beat? unlucky but not a beat imo
  • edited March 2010
    I can see what's happening.  Bandini is taking us for a ride.
  • edited March 2010

If he didn't have 3 qns then he might not have gone all in.

Can anyone tell me why your position dictates that you shouldn't go all in and take a punt with 3 qns??

He had Q, Q, Q, 10, A. Did he not. What does the 4 matter?

Wouldn't you all think that you had won or were winning?

I am not defending the poster but i am not good enough obviously to understand what he did wrong in the end up.

Answers on the back of a twenty pound note addressed to Airwalker pls lol.

If you fold 3 queens just in case someone's got 2 aces where will you be.

Don't really get this position malarky lol.

• edited March 2010
    just coolers, dont give up, your luck will change soon enough
  • edited March 2010
    If he didn't have 3 qns then he might not have gone all in. Can anyone tell me why your position dictates that you shouldn't go all in and take a punt with 3 qns?? He had Q, Q, Q, 10, A. Did he not. What does the 4 matter? Wouldn't you all think that you had won or were winning? I am not defending the poster but i am not good enough obviously to understand what he did wrong in the end up. Answers on the back of a twenty pound note addressed to Airwalker pls lol. If you fold 3 queens just in case someone's got 2 aces where will you be. Don't really get this position malarky lol.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    to explain, this was a good aggressive move but at the wrong time, as he was first to act. the play from the flop is good, but should never have been in the pot in the first place playing such weak cards. he got lucky hitting the 3 queens but his opponent would not have carried on unless he was winning. he was only going to get called by someone beating him with a better q or better.....

i re-itterate, good play wrong time, he may of made a lot of strong aces fold......
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Horriblest beat ever : to explain, this was a good aggressive move but at the wrong time, as he was first to act. the play from the flop is good, but should never have been in the pot in the first place playing such weak cards. he got lucky hitting the 3 queens but his opponent would not have carried on unless he was winning. he was only going to get called by someone beating him with a better q or better..... i re-itterate, good play wrong time, he may of made a lot of strong aces fold......
    Posted by crow01
    TY m8..Well unlucky i think tho.