You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

500 GTD Sleepstack League?

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Good shout mate. Proper poker every night. Everyone should come check it out and play - it's a great tourney.

Comments

• edited July 2009

Hi,

To those of you in the know, you will already be playing imo the best MTT on sky at 7.15 every day. This is the £20 +2 £500 GTD, Deepstack. It has an excellent structure (15 mins blinds 5000 chips) and Tikay plays this most nights unless he is working. 

I would like to start a fun league table for this tournament and points will be awarded based on cash finishes. The results will be published on a thread on this forum daily and the table updated accordingly.

I am unsure of when this league will start and what basis points will be awarded so i would appreciate your feedback please on whether you want this league and how you think it should work.

Tikay i believe is a fan of this sort of fun league and i think it will develop further interest in this tournie, which as you all know is proper poker.

There is already a great crowd playing this tournie with excellent banter every night, and i would encourage more of you to join in.

Best regards

Greg

• edited July 2009
    cracking idea greggster when does it start?
  • edited July 2009
    Great idea Greg. I'm well up for it.

Surely it has to be based on a percentage win ratio though, as some people will get to play more than others. Tikay will know how to make the table work.

Oh, and I think you should start this with the tournament that's just finished.

(This has nothing to do with the fact that I've just come 5th in it)
  • edited July 2009

I'm up for it.
  • edited July 2009
    This is copy and pasted from what i just put on the other thread!!

Deffo want to do this!!!! But as iv said to greg, then i feel all results from day1 of the £20 deepstack should be counted.. People like myself, SoLack and Greghogg who have had a good run in it so far will have nothing to show for it. Is it fair that my 3 wins, SoLacks 2 wins and Gregs 4 consecutive final tables should not be counted?... so we would need skys help with that
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: 500 GTD Sleepstack League?:
    This is copy and pasted from what i just put on the other thread!! Deffo want to do this!!!! But as iv said to greg, then i feel all results from day1 of the £20 deepstack should be counted.. People like myself, SoLack and Greghogg who have had a good run in it so far will have nothing to show for it. Is it fair that my 3 wins, SoLacks 2 wins and Gregs 4 consecutive final tables should not be counted?... so we would need skys help with that
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Sorry mate I believe that it would have to start fresh to give everyone an incentive and a fair chance.
  • edited July 2009
    Great idea Greg. I'm well up for it. Surely it has to be based on a percentage win ratio though, as some people will get to play more than others. Tikay will know how to make the table work. Oh, and I think you should start this with the tournament that's just finished. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I've just come 5th in it)
    Posted by RichOrford
    Well done Richard and tikay, and the rest of the FT, unfortunately I had to go before the game was completed, but a great time was had by all in the chatbox, I would like to add that I have had the pleasure of watching Richard play under his alias account, and can confirm that imo, his play certainly has improved as proven by his 5th place finish last night.

I am sure he can now carry this through to his bankroll challenge and see no reason why he cannot make it a great success.

Once again Well played all
  • edited July 2009
    Perhaps have 'league nights' a couple of nights per week (Tikay's sleepstack on the Weds and the £500 guaranteed on another night) and players earn points dependent on the runners that night. For example, if there were 36 runners points are reversed so 1st gets 36 points down to last who gets 1 point. Bonus points could be set in stone, regardless of runners for final tablists (20,40,60,80,100,120 points). Every 2/3 months we finish and start again. Dunno about league winner prizes but it's an idea!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Perhaps have 'league nights' a couple of nights per week (Tikay's sleepstack on the Weds and the £500 guaranteed on another night) and players earn points dependent on the runners that night. For example, if there were 36 runners points are reversed so 1st gets 36 points down to last who gets 1 point. Bonus points could be set in stone, regardless of runners for final tablists (20,40,60,80,100,120 points). Every 2/3 months we finish and start again. Dunno about league winner prizes but it's an idea!!!
    Posted by phil12uk
    That is very much like my idea with the WSOSP (World Series Of Sky Poker) where we have a number of selected tournaments which you can earn wsosp points for and then at the end of these trnys we have a winner or could have top 10 go into a STT (but then thats asking sky for handouts for prizes) or we have an extra £1 reg fee each trny which builds up to make the GTD of the sit n go...
  • edited July 2009

Hi Guys
    Good idea Greg, why not make the Mickjenn and the Tikay sleepstacks the comps involved as some players may be put off the £22 price tags.
    In this type of league format you want players to play in as many tournies as poss(ideally everyone).
    Or put it this way if you only have a small bankroll and you want to be involved in this (plus play other tournies),what would you choose, one comp at £22 or two at a combined price of £16.50.
    We know these comp get bigger entries than the £22 deepstack and i personnally would prefer the oppourtunity to play the better players twice in a week.
    Just a thought guys
    col

• edited July 2009
    Hi Guys Good idea Greg, why not make the Mickjenn and the Tikay sleepstacks the comps involved as some players may be put off the £22 price tags. In this type of league format you want players to play in as many tournies as poss(ideally everyone). Or put it this way if you only have a small bankroll and you want to be involved in this (plus play other tournies),what would you choose, one comp at £22 or two at a combined price of £16.50. We know these comp get bigger entries than the £22 deepstack and i personnally would prefer the oppourtunity to play the better players twice in a week. Just a thought guys col
    Posted by mr_mbro

Looks like the general idea is what i said previously (before these deepstacks came available) ... it did get some possitive comments but nothing was done about it... try searching for WSOSP on the forum and see my idea
  • edited July 2009
    Good idea - keep it to the £500gtd deepie imo.  Why not just base it on winnings divided by tournies entered (with a min number of tournies).  I'm confident I would make the top 26 on current form.
  • edited July 2009
    Good idea - keep it to the £500gtd deepie imo.  Why not just base it on winnings divided by tournies entered (with a min number of tournies).  I'm confident I would make the top 26 on current form.
    Posted by SoLack
    LOL - ur good!!!  I have you at 27th over the last week ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks for your comments so far... i plan to leave this thread open for a few more days to get as many ideas/ comments as possible and hope that the league can start in early August when we have considered everyones views and decided on a format/ scoring method etc...

I might even see if i can persuade sky to put up a couple of small prizes maybe a hoodie, or something?
  • edited August 2009
    Hi Guys

I havent forgotton about setting this up and hope you all still want to do this. The problem i have is how we will do it. Can Sky help in any way to set this up? Make it an offical deepstack league?

I just want to add that i had a great time tonight playing the 7.15 £22 deepstack and to say WD Lisa for another great finish in 2nd. You will win it one day!

Great banter at the tables as always too.

Greg
  • edited August 2009
    This is copy and pasted from what i just put on the other thread!! Deffo want to do this!!!! But as iv said to greg, then i feel all results from day1 of the £20 deepstack should be counted.. People like myself, SoLack and Greghogg who have had a good run in it so far will have nothing to show for it. Is it fair that my 3 wins, SoLacks 2 wins and Gregs 4 consecutive final tables should not be counted?... so we would need skys help with that
    Posted by FlashFlush
    charles,,,,ok uve won it b4 but if its a lge start afresh,,,does it really matter tht uve won it i have to but think we need to have a lge starting on level terms
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you for your support tonight Greg. When you do start up this league would you please make sure there is plenty of points for 2nd :) (5 times now lol).
  • edited August 2009
    Thanks for your comments so far... i plan to leave this thread open for a few more days to get as many ideas/ comments as possible and hope that the league can start in early August when we have considered everyones views and decided on a format/ scoring method etc... I might even see if i can persuade sky to put up a couple of small prizes maybe a hoodie, or something?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hi Greg.,

I'm sure I could persuade Sky to put up a few liittle Prizes (Hoodies, books or whatever) for 1st, 2nd & 3rd in a Deepie League, failing that, I'll donate something personally.

But I don't see them "running it", just agree it amongst yourselves on the Forum, & get it started.

It would need to include ALL Deepies, to ensure those who can only afford the lower buy-in ones are not excluded. I'll only donate Prizes if everyone has an equal chance.
  • edited August 2009
    Thank you for your support tonight Greg. When you do start up this league would you please make sure there is plenty of points for 2nd :) (5 times now lol).
    Posted by MADMOO
    Almost everyone would swap with you Moo - you do just fine.

Well done, & keep the run going - the wins will come in due course.

Nice to see how these Deepies are steadily growing - the fields will be MUCH bigger when the dark nights arrive.
  • edited August 2009
    Aren't all nights dark?  Or do you mean the Dark Knight, that Batman is going to start playing the deepie?  That's fine by me, as long as he doesn't start Robin us.