You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why o why o why

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
not a badbeat story or anything.

but how come i can jog along happily at 20nl thjen 50nl kin kills me.,. and it does kill me.  I have done 10 buyins at 50nl in a couple hours.  that is not variance surely.  I am sooooo baaaaaad.     Somebody make me good plz.

edit - so far this is the biggest losing session i have had. £500.   i did hav a couple drinks but no excuse.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    feel for ya mate, i did it last weekend, but i was plastered.....
  • edited March 2010
    Are you and Crow going for skint nutter of the year or summat??
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: why o why o why:
    Are you and Crow going for skint nutter of the year or summat??
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    i resent that remark, true as it may be :p
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to why o why o why:
    not a badbeat story or anything. but how come i can jog along happily at 20nl thjen 50nl kin kills me.,. and it does kill me.  I have done 10 buyins at 50nl in a couple hours.  that is not variance surely.  I am sooooo baaaaaad.     Somebody make me good plz. edit - so far this is the biggest losing session i have had. £500.   i did hav a couple drinks but no excuse.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Go to bed

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: why o why o why : i resent that remark, true as it may be :p
    Posted by crow01
    LOL.  OK.......Misunderstood nice chaps that might end up financially challenged nutters of the year then lol.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: why o why o why : LOL.  OK.......Misunderstood nice chaps that might end up financially challenged nutters of the year then lol.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    sums it up beautifuly my friend :p
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to why o why o why : Go to bed
    Posted by elsadog
    that is good advice, but at the mo im plo10 flipping with a t shirt over my monitor so i cant see my cards
  • edited March 2010
    that all went wrong too.

so ive just done umm 30 BI`s at my usual level.  This is my biggest downswing ever omg. bit of time off i think
  • edited March 2010
    that all went wrong too. so ive just done umm 30 BI`s at my usual level.  This is my biggest downswing ever omg. bit of time off i think
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Bit of therapy as well lol.
  • edited March 2010
    Ive cashed out everything thatw as left.  I need to have a word with myself. gl all
  • edited March 2010

It's psychological !!!

Ive become so tight, on and off the tables with my bankroll - im reluctant to play anything higher than nl30!!! 

haha I used to splash around and spew money off for fun, especially on friday or saturday nights, now I just grind the BR up slowly but surely. Used to keep only 10xbuy in at NL50 in my account, now I'm working on a 2% buy in thing at nl30! :) 

Dam total player has made me so responsible !!!!! 

Just stick to where the easy money is mate..

DOHH

• edited March 2010
    It's psychological !!! Ive become so tight, on and off the tables with my bankroll - im reluctant to play anything higher than nl30!!!  haha I used to splash around and spew money off for fun, especially on friday or saturday nights, now I just grind the BR up slowly but surely. Used to keep only 10xbuy in at NL50 in my account, now I'm working on a 2% buy in thing at nl30! :)  Dam total player has made me so responsible !!!!!  Just stick to where the easy money is mate.. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    its just a trick! im not deleting all my notes on you ;) haha
  • edited March 2010
    It's psychological !!! Ive become so tight, on and off the tables with my bankroll - im reluctant to play anything higher than nl30!!!  Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Not exactly on topic but I think it is worth noting that after a bad run, people tend to tighten up.  Now most people dont realise but this is a form of tilt that can be just as bad for your BR as being wild, and its an awfully lot harder to spot and correct.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: why o why o why : Not exactly on topic but I think it is worth noting that after a bad run, people tend to tighten up.  Now most people dont realise but this is a form of tilt that can be just as bad for your BR as being wild, and its an awfully lot harder to spot and correct.
    Posted by MrWh1te
    Hey!!! Dohhhhhh.
    Didn't realise your winning streak by playing tight could be classed as some form of Tilt lol.

Think your post may be a little misunderstood lol

Anyway, to the OP - Play at a level that is comfortable for you and keep building the bankroll m8y
    Good Luck on the Table

ps. Only Dohhhhhh is capable of playing while under the influance. Trouble is when he gets up in the morning he cant remember winning lol. (Only Kidding m8y)
  • edited March 2010

lol I am on the hottest streak of my life Trev!! - When I say I've tightened up on and off the tables, I mean money wise, I play smaller games, and only order 4 take-aways a week instead of 5.....

I still raise 4x with 3-2 off UTG!!! :) - Sometimes...

ROI 700% now in 2 weeks playing every other day :)

PS - Can't load a table this morning...well...only the last ten mins - anyone else any probz or just me again?
  • edited March 2010
    lol I am on the hottest streak of my life Trev!! - When I say I've tightened up on and off the tables, I mean money wise, I play smaller games, and only order 4 take-aways a week instead of 5..... I still raise 4x with 3-2 off UTG!!! :) - Sometimes... ROI 700% now in 2 weeks playing every other day :) PS - Can't load a table this morning...well...only the last ten mins - anyone else any probz or just me again?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I can confirm its just you!!!!! My Tables Ok.

So - Now what you need to do is become a T Total player and the money you save can be put towards a new Lappy lol.
  • edited March 2010

haha this is the new lappy !!!!!!

I went mad and paid half towards it about a month ago - maybe thats why Ive become a bankroll nit since then!!!

I'll try internet explorer again then - thanx 4 the swift reply!

DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • edited March 2010
    lol I am on the hottest streak of my life Trev!! - When I say I've tightened up on and off the tables, I mean money wise, I play smaller games, and only order 4 take-aways a week instead of 5..... I still raise 4x with 3-2 off UTG!!! :) - Sometimes... ROI 700% now in 2 weeks playing every other day :) PS - Can't load a table this morning...well...only the last ten mins - anyone else any probz or just me again?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ouch - you've gotta be suffering from that? Reminds me of someone I know who was drinking 8 cans of Carling a night & was told by the doc to "cut it down", so he changed from 8x568ml to 8x500ml

• edited March 2010
    haha this is the new lappy !!!!!! I went mad and paid half towards it about a month ago - maybe thats why Ive become a bankroll nit since then!!! I'll try internet explorer again then - thanx 4 the swift reply! DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If its a new Lappy go to windows update and make sure you have the latest internet explorer installed. I bought a new lappy and didn't realise it only had internet explorer 7 loaded.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: why o why o why : Ouch - you've gotta be suffering from that? Reminds me of someone I know who was drinking 8 cans of Carling a night & was told by the doc to "cut it down", so he changed from 8x568ml to 8x500ml
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    hahahhahah I so wanna believe this is a true story !!!!!!!

Is shakshank redemption a true story as well ? - Some people told me it is - others say it isn't, I dont think it possibly can be, but I want to believe it is.......

Sorted now Trev they were just not loading on chrome IE is fine - I darent mess around with my comp settings incase it all goes t!ts up. DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: why o why o why : Ouch - you've gotta be suffering from that? Reminds me of someone I know who was drinking 8 cans of Carling a night & was told by the doc to "cut it down", so he changed from 8x568ml to 8x500ml
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Lol @ Nosey
    My doc asked me if I go out drinking alot so I said no, I only go out once a week. I go out on thursday and come back on wednesday.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: why o why o why : Lol @ Nosey My doc asked me if I go out drinking alot so I said no, I only go out once a week. I go out on thursday and come back on wednesday.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Mine asked if I have a problem with drink and I said "No, it's easy"

PS - Sorry Mahony, derailing your thread a bit
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: why o why o why : Hey!!! Dohhhhhh. Didn't realise your winning streak by playing tight could be classed as some form of Tilt lol. Think your post may be a little misunderstood lol Posted by POKERTREV
    LOL I think it may of been :D

Still worth noting though!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: why o why o why : hahahhahah I so wanna believe this is a true story !!!!!!! Is shakshank redemption a true story as well ? - Some people told me it is - others say it isn't, I dont think it possibly can be, but I want to believe it is....... Sorted now Trev they were just not loading on chrome IE is fine - I darent mess around with my comp settings incase it all goes t!ts up. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    The Shawshank Redemption is as true as all Stephen King's other stories. The Green Mile is also a true story, and that clown really does live down that grid.  :o)

Disclaimer: All the above is written with tongue firmly placed in cheek.