You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Growing your own

edited March 2010 in The Shed
ha, its not what your thinking.

I`m talking about fruit and veg.

I went to my local garden centre the other day and got some seeds to grow my own stuff.  Mainly for the littlun really.  I got strawberry, carrot, mange tout, tomatoe, and chilli seeds.

I got some pot trays and some compost also.

I planted some mange tout and strawberries and carrots.  This was a couple of days ago.  I have watered them every day but so far have not seen any action.  Im not sure if I shouldve by now or not, so if anyone knows ANYTHING about this sort of thing, it is more than I know.  How often and how much should I be watering them, and when should they start to sprout.

Also, when planting the strawberry seeds, I realised afterwards that I had got them mixed up with the carrot seed pot.  They were far too small to start trying to retrieve so I just left them.  Is this terminal.  I know I`m not gonna get long orange strawberries or anything, but will one or the other grow or will nothing grow.

Probably the wrong forum completely, but I cant be a-rse-d to register with a gardening one, and I reckon someone on here knows there onions as it were.

cheers

Comments

• edited March 2010
    area 51... seriously tho if you put ciggerette butts in with the tomato seeds you,ll get tomacco,its highly addictive tho ask bart
  • edited March 2010

I gave up smoking in december but I`m sure I could find the odd dog end in the garden somewhere.  Tomacco, do I smoke it or eat it?

There not many green fingered type people around here is there.  I have a breakthrough though.  The mange tout have started sprouting, and so have some of the others.  Not quite sure what they are though as in my wisdom I didnt label them when planting so will have to google what the different type leaves are.