You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TG = Totally Gutted

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
@#%*#@& broadband went down last night just after six and not reconnected until during the day today.  As a result I missed the Vegas semi I had qualified for and which I had been looking forward to all day.  Man was I grumpy!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    OUCH! wasnt on your table but kept an eye on the lobby and can remember seein your chipstack just twindling slowly but surely and was quite surprised as i never had you down as the tightest player in the world!  its happened to me once back in the day when they had the £55 15k bounty hunter, it was late stages and my internet crashed and i just blinded out! very unlucky anyway mate just make sure u qualify again and book your seat in the final! gl
  • edited March 2010
  • edited March 2010
    sorry to here it mate,did skys customer care help out at all.
  • edited March 2010
    ouch, was that the hundred quid one? I know its not allowed but I think I wudda phoned a mate and asked them to play it as a last resort.  Maybe get on to customer services, they can be quite generous sometimes.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: TG = Totally Gutted:
    sorry to here it mate,did skys customer care help out at all.
    Posted by pod1
    I did email the help people, without really expecting them to do anything as the fault wasn't at their end.  I got what I expected.  I had also pre-registered for the Primo for £33 and so lost that as well as well as the £22 for the dym I was in the middle of when it went down.  I will just have to learn to register for tournements as late as I can.  I could try claiming from my ISP but they are usually unhelpful and have this sort of thing covered in their smallprint. 
  • edited March 2010
    M8 THEY GAVE ME MY MONEY LAST WEEK WHEN THIS HAPPENED TO IN SPT SEMI SO ITS WORTH A CHAT WITH THEM AND SEE.GL DEL
  • edited March 2010
    They say they do it as a goodwill gesture, and as they have refunded buy-ins for me in the past when this has happened that they won't do it again.  It isn't the money that I'm most upset about, it is that I missed the Vegas semi, and that is over and done and so no-one can do anything about it, I'll just have to try again this week and hope that my @ ISP manages to provide.
  • edited March 2010

Very unlucky Solly, these things are sent to try us.

Hope you win it this week - you know you can.