You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek footy betting (23rd/24th)

edited March 2010 in The Shed
After 2 very near misses on a decent pay day in the last 2 weeks I'm hoping to take some decent money off Sky's hands over the next 2 nights. Here's my selections for tomorrow & Wednesday.

Main Acca (all Tuesday games)

Forest to beat Palace (H) @ 8/13
Scunthorpe to beat Peterborough (H) @ 10/11
Colchester to beat Brentford (H) @ 5/6
Southampton to beat Hartlepool (H) @ 4/9
Stevenage to beat Grays (A) @ 2/

These 5 currently pay 10/1.

Forest have won their last 10 at the City Ground & have actually only dropped 2 points in the last 14 there. Palace were a little unlucky at Blackpool on Saturday but were absolutely pulverised in the 2nd half. They've also lost 3 of their last 6 away from Selhurst & haven't really looked the same team since Warnock left.

If Scunny stay up it'll be their home form that keeps them there. They've only lost once at Glanford Park in the last 6 & picked up 3 very valuable points there on Saturday against relegation rivals Plymouth. They're currently 2 points clear of the relegation zone & will see this as a great opportunity to pull even further clear against a Peterborough side who have only won once away from London Road all season, only scoring 10 goals in the process.

Colchester currently have the 3rd best home record in League 1 (only Leeds & Norwich have better records) & they've only lost there twice all season (no surprise that these defeats came at the hands of Leeds & Norwich either). Brentford are not great travellers having only won 4 on the road all season.

Had it not been for the 10 point deductions, Southampton would've been in contention for the play offs. Swindon managed a narrow victory in their last outing at St Marys but prior to that they were unbeaten in their previous 8 winning 7 on the bounce. In contrast Hartlepool are poor on the road. They got a point at Tranmere on Friday night but had lost their previous 9.

Grays have lost their last 6 at home & have only won there 3 times from 17 games conceding an average of just over 2 goals per game. Stevenage are currently top of the division & should win this comfortably.

Monster 2 day acca:

West Ham to beat Wolves (H) @ 5/6
Ipswich to beat Plymouth (H) @ 8/13
QPR to beat Derby (H) @ 4/5
Rotherham to beat Macclesfield (H) @ 4/7
Inverness to beat Airdrie (H) @ 2/5
Blackburn to beat Birmingham (H) @ 11/10
Cardiff to beat Sheff Utd (H) @ EVENS

These 7 are currently paying a huge 48/1. 

I don't usually do this many games in one acca but based on a mixture of current home & away form & a little bit of gut feeling I've decided to pop £1 on this. There's one or two games there that could quite easily finish as draws so if you decide to go with it then I wouldn't put too much on

For my third choice I'm gonna go for a scorecast on our game with Wolves tomorrow night. This is a seriously MASSIVE game for us & one where we simply have to take 3 points. I don't even want to start thinking about the consequences of not taking the points. We've got a decent record against Wolves & picked up our only away win at Molineux on the opening day of the season too.

I've gone for West Ham to win 2-1 & Diamanti to get the first goal. This is 25/1

Be lucky people

Jay

Comments

• edited March 2010

Hiya m8, normally do my own football bets but been off sick so had alot of time to read through the forum and was impressed with your info to support your suggestions. Followed quite a few of your recommendations for last w/e changed the Southampton draw to away win and added one of my own. Did a small 5,6 and 7 fold
     from 10 and a cheeky £1 accum. Made a couple of £ but could have been so much better if dopey Norwich had hung on and Newcastle and Villa had stuck to form.Couldn't bet against the Palace coz i am Palace, although Forest should be a banker.
             Another bet going in now based mostly on your advice. so thanks for your tips and keep them coming.
                Good luck   
                     Cheers Taras

• edited March 2010
    West Ham, Bristol and Blackpool treble for moi
  • edited March 2010

Looking forward to the game tonight, can't remember last time there was a massive relegation 6 pointer on tv, probably at the end of last season.....

Enjoyed watching Wolves at Villa Saturday dinner time, hope its as open and end to end as that was.

DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    Wasnt having a bet today but fater a row with the mrs stuck £50 on the following 4 @ 7.18/1.  If it wins ill buy her sometihng to get in good books, if it looses its her fault lol.

westham 5/6
    ipswich 8/13
    southampton 2/5
    rotherham 8/11
  • edited March 2010
    Here's acca number 1:

Forest
    Ipswich
    Southampton
    Colchester
    Notts County
    Rotherham

Pays 24/1

If it doesn't come in i also blame Gareth's lady.
  • edited March 2010
    You dnt f/k about with your stake Gareth do ya -

"wasnt gonna have a bet, but decided Im gonna - so will casually stick 50 sheets on an 8/1 shot"

Brilliant! lol GL

• edited March 2010
    Here's my draw acca. Wasn't gonna put a draw acca on tonight but after having an argument with myself i'm gonna stick a whopping 50p on it:

West Ham v Wolves
    Doncaster v Newcastle
    Blackpool v Swansea
    Bristol City v The Dingles
    Southend v Walsall

Pays 414/1.

Good Luck everyone
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (23rd/24th):
      Hiya m8, normally do my own football bets but been off sick so had alot of time to read through the forum and was impressed with your info to support your suggestions. Followed quite a few of your recommendations for last w/e changed the Southampton draw to away win and added one of my own. Did a small 5,6 and 7 fold  from 10 and a cheeky £1 accum. Made a couple of £ but could have been so much better if dopey Norwich had hung on and Newcastle and Villa had stuck to form.Couldn't bet against the Palace coz i am Palace, although Forest should be a banker.          Another bet going in now based mostly on your advice. so thanks for your tips and keep them coming.             Good luck                     Cheers Taras  
    Posted by -TARAS-
    No worries Taras, always a pleasure to put some info out there. I've always been one to almost justify my choices if for no other reason then to make sense of them myself. I've come mighty close to a decent pay out in the last 2 weeks so I'm hoping it'll be 3rd time lucky tonight.

Also just seen the line up for tonight. Thank God Zola's had the sense to drop Spector. 
  • edited March 2010

I hate this sky bet it never lets me confirm a bet winding me rightttt up logged out and in 4 times, 15 mins till kik off
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (23rd/24th) : No worries Taras, always a pleasure to put some info out there. I've always been one to almost justify my choices if for no other reason then to make sense of them myself. I've come mighty close to a decent pay out in the last 2 weeks so I'm hoping it'll be 3rd time lucky tonight. Also just seen the line up for tonight. Thank God Zola's had the sense to drop Spector. 
    Posted by silentbob
      Lol n1, a good m8 is west ham and have been 2 a few games so like 2 see them do well, but steered clear 2nite based on the way wolves played v villa.Funny enuf the only ground i'v ever bin chucked out was at Plough Lane about 20 years ago with West Ham lol
  • edited March 2010
    lol well what can i say she put me on tilt, not a great start with saints gonig 1 down so early but i see they have just pegged it back
  • edited March 2010

If Doyle scores first and it ends 2-2 im getting str8 onto customer services Webby style !!!
  • edited March 2010

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH THATS THE HARD BIT DONE!!! PLZZZZ DONT BE 2-2
  • edited March 2010
    The Hammers are being torn apart....3-0 now, Blackpool are HORSING Swansea as well.
  • edited March 2010
    Apologies to any Hammers and Swans fans out there. I think i caused them to get hammered by putting them in my draw bets. You know what to do if you want them to get some good results though. Send me some money and i'll bet on their opponents. ;-)
  • edited March 2010
    This week bet went well for me....

i had

Inverness to beat airdrie 2/5
    Stevenage to beat grays 2/5
    southampton to beat hartlepool 4/9
    aldershot to beat darlington 4/5

£10 got me back £51, nice return on sum bankers tbh.

Have a look at rushden and diamonds tomorrow at 6/4!!!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    This week bet went well for me.... i had Inverness to beat airdrie 2/5 Stevenage to beat grays 2/5 southampton to beat hartlepool 4/9 aldershot to beat darlington 4/5 £10 got me back £51, nice return on sum bankers tbh. Have a look at rushden and diamonds tomorrow at 6/4!!!!!!
    Posted by Rhodesey88
    Well done Rhodesey. It's no good telling us ya bets after they've come in though, us goons need as much help as we can get.
  • edited March 2010
    damn west ham.

my other 2 were scoring goals for fun and west ham decide now is a great time to the the worst team in the league walk all over them.

Worst of it all is I had it as a patent, then decided to change at the last second to a treble.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok tongihts bet chasing last ngihts winnings, only a tenner @ 11.95/1

Inter
    Valencia
    Cambridge
    Spurs
    Westbrom
    Villa
  • edited March 2010
    Just one acca tonight:

Villa
    Spurs
    Cardiff
    Celtic
    Man City v Everton draw
    Blackburn v Brum draw

Pays 70/1

Good luck everyone
  • edited March 2010
    What a c rap night that was last night. Nearly 24 hours on from that disaster & I'm still absolutely fuming. I was hoping some money coming my way might cheer me up a bit but no, Colchester had to go & mess things up!

God I hate this game sometimes.

Still, it hasn't put me off tonight. I've gone for a small 4 way tonight of Villa, Chelsea, West Brom & Celtic. Paying 13/5 but (hopefully) will put a few extra quid in my account.

By the way, Stoke are currently 11/4 to turn us over on Saturday so get on it. Should be the easiest money you'll ever make cos no doubt the useless, overpaid, prima-donna tw**s that call themselves a team won't turn up again.
  • edited March 2010
    Well i see Villa let us all down, silly me thought they might have wanted that 4th spot in the premier league
  • edited March 2010
    Look what happens to Celtic when i bet on them. I could beat St.Mirren ffs!