You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Blogs VI - We want you!

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Ok guys, so you know the score by now but just in case you don't, and you fancy writing a blog, have a little read of the text below...

Hi Everyone,

ok, so it's that time already. it only seems like last week that the current batch started their Sky Poker Blogging Journey. hopefully they all enjoyed it and hopefully you all enjoyed their fantastic efforts!

Before we start, a massive 'thank you' and 'well done' must go out to Action_Dan, Jock BMW and lJamesl who have all been fantastic with their blogging efforts (I will be in touch with each of you privately, at a later date to arrange a little 'thank you')

ok, so on with the show....

The time has come to start the search for the next batch of user bloggers...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As hopefully you have all seen we have a fantastic blogs section in the community, with some great examples from tikay, Richard Orford and LML to name but a few.
This is all well and good but the true Sky Poker Community is all about YOU our users, so we have decided to open our loving blogging arms and invite some of you to write blogs and publish them on our site.

What you have to do
If you are interested in writing a blog and feel you could make at least one new entry every week for about a month or so then just give me a shout on this thread. We will pick up to 4 people based on their community contribution so far.

What to blog about?
You can blog about....just about... anything, that is the beauty of bloging. It could be poker themed, about your sports team, the weather or even your pet cat (just check out tikay's latest entry!). All we want are interesting blogs that our users will enjoy reading.

Please post here if you're interested and we will make our selections in the next week or so.

To get some inspiration check out all our other blogs on the community homepage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so who wants to play a major part in Sky Poker history and be one of a lucky few able to write and publish blogs for Sky Poker?

if you fancy a crack shout up this thread and i will announce who has been chosen in a week or so.

all the best guys...

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Thanks for the chance to write a few Blogs Rich.  Good luck to the newbies.

Can I recommend Webby  hee hee hee 
  • edited March 2010
    ill be up for dogg......oh er i mean blogging :)
  • edited March 2010
    excellent! thanks for your interest guys.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Blogs VI - We want you!:
    excellent! thanks for your interest guys.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Rich,
     Having spent over a year trying to get my Laptop to run with Sky Poker i have finally bought an Imac which is working superbly I am at last in a position to seriously start playing online. I have been trying to create a blog for a while now, spent ages searching before realising its a only the chosen few; and with the TP event there has been some great reading. Now that has reached its finale perhaps there's a small chance you may consider my application for Top Blogger
    I play live ring games 3/4 nights a week and am doing reasonably well so thought it may be interesting to run both Live and online across Sky Poker just to prove that strange things also happen live....not just online. 
    I would estimate a minimum of 3 blogs per week but I am prepared to blog daily if you wish.
    I would like to aim the Blog towards encouraging people to enjoy playing poker and also to discuss the use of the hand stats which i will reset each week to see how things are progressing. The main content will evolve around Live play with occasional reference to my play on the 50p plus cash games plus the odd MTT and also the Vegas Sats
    I am not a prolific tourny player but if all goes well I am aiming to pay my way to Vegas next year to play Ring games during WSOP.
    Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Blogs VI - We want you! : Rich,  Having spent over a year trying to get my Laptop to run with Sky Poker i have finally bought an Imac which is working superbly I am at last in a position to seriously start playing online. I have been trying to create a blog for a while now, spent ages searching before realising its a only the chosen few; and with the TP event there has been some great reading. Now that has reached its finale perhaps there's a small chance you may consider my application for Top Blogger I play live ring games 3/4 nights a week and am doing reasonably well so thought it may be interesting to run both Live and online across Sky Poker just to prove that strange things also happen live....not just online.  I would estimate a minimum of 3 blogs per week but I am prepared to blog daily if you wish. I would like to aim the Blog towards encouraging people to enjoy playing poker and also to discuss the use of the hand stats which i will reset each week to see how things are progressing. The main content will evolve around Live play with occasional reference to my play on the 50p plus cash games plus the odd MTT and also the Vegas Sats I am not a prolific tourny player but if all goes well I am aiming to pay my way to Vegas next year to play Ring games during WSOP. Keep Smiling HAL_9000   
    Posted by HAL_9000

Man gets my vote :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Blogs VI - We want you! : Rich,  Having spent over a year trying to get my Laptop to run with Sky Poker i have finally bought an Imac which is working superbly I am at last in a position to seriously start playing online. I have been trying to create a blog for a while now, spent ages searching before realising its a only the chosen few; and with the TP event there has been some great reading. Now that has reached its finale perhaps there's a small chance you may consider my application for Top Blogger I play live ring games 3/4 nights a week and am doing reasonably well so thought it may be interesting to run both Live and online across Sky Poker just to prove that strange things also happen live....not just online.  I would estimate a minimum of 3 blogs per week but I am prepared to blog daily if you wish. I would like to aim the Blog towards encouraging people to enjoy playing poker and also to discuss the use of the hand stats which i will reset each week to see how things are progressing. The main content will evolve around Live play with occasional reference to my play on the 50p plus cash games plus the odd MTT and also the Vegas Sats I am not a prolific tourny player but if all goes well I am aiming to pay my way to Vegas next year to play Ring games during WSOP. Keep Smiling HAL_9000   
    Posted by HAL_9000
    HAL is a must!
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by HAL_9000
    hes a must just for the reason hes turned to mac, what a guy!
  • edited March 2010
    cheers guys.

Anyone else fancy it?
  • edited March 2010
    Hi Rich,

Would love the chance to start a blog and think it could be a good idea to get some experiance over as I go through this challenge, maybe as a way for the community to see just how bad things are going lol
  • edited March 2010

Hey Rich

I wouldn't mind writing a few blogs for you mate

Dylan

• edited March 2010
    anyone that uses imac gets my vote!!
    Posted by oynutter
    I used to but find that now a ladyshave does the same job

Does that still count lol :) ?
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    cheers ;) haha
  • edited March 2010
    heres a message to cheer you all up .today is international nutters day so please send an encouraging message to a barmy friend, just as ive done. i dont care if you lick windows, eat carrier bags, interfere with farm animals or occasionaly pooh yourself. u hang in there sunshine your very special to me xxxx
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    Imac's  ROCK.

On my third one.  Any one who uses a PC is ............... silly billy

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Blogs VI - We want you! : Imac's  ROCK. On my third one.  Any one who uses a PC is ............... silly billy
    Posted by JockBMW
    +1
  • edited March 2010
    ANNIE DUKE !!!----SHE'S A FLOPPIN CRACKER I TELL YOU!!
  • edited March 2010
    i fancie doing it my posts seem to get alot of controversy thought lol so i feel it would be an interesting read
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks for all the interest guys. We will announce who has been chosen to blog in the next couple of days.

So, Last chance to shout up if you fancy blogging!
  • edited March 2010
    if i dont get picked im not fussed because im writing my own blog at the moment if this is aloud about bankroll managment
    starting off in the 2p/4p stakes with a bankroll of 20 pounds with an aim of getting it up to 500 pounds maybe more moving up levels as i go along , and posting critical hands and thought process win or lose
    doing it for myself really for abit of fun just thought it would be an interesting read
    to the community who wish to set them self a goal