You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ljamesl wins GUKPT side event

2»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Well done James. The milkybars are on you.
  • edited March 2010

Well played James, great result

• edited March 2010
    The main event starts today so goodluck James in that. Also goodluck to any other Sky players playing in it, Will Brewin/ Ben Nutall etc etc if your playing...??
  • edited March 2010

Well done James, lend us a tenner ;)

Nah just kidding, ive no idea wat the standard in this is, how many runners there are etc Ive never played anything live, nvm an event like this........I'd love it if you somehow got to Vegas, preferably the main event. I wanna know just HOW good you really are. 

I know if I asked you, you'd obviously say "Im the best in the world" - lol I wouldn't expect any other answer....

But...I cant wait till you actually take on the best in the World in Vegas - Hopefully it will be this year!

GL over the weekend - DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    Schweet, nice one! Well done =]
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! Was nice to win the comp :-D! I busted late in the Main event got pretty unlucky but that's how it goes! Hoping one of my friends can take it down!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ljamesl wins GUKPT side event:
    Thanks for all the nice comments everyone! Was nice to win the comp :-D! I busted late in the Main event got pretty unlucky but that's how it goes! Hoping one of my friends can take it down!
    Posted by lJAMESl
    You the man Mr W.

What you doing next week James - Irish Open, Brighton Easter Fessie, or DTD Deepstack?

Next weekend - not this - will be my first weekend off since November, so I'm gonna play some pokerz somewhere.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ljamesl wins GUKPT side event : You the man Mr W. What you doing next week James - Irish Open, Brighton Easter Fessie, or DTD Deepstack? Next weekend - not this - will be my first weekend off since November, so I'm gonna play some pokerz somewhere.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Where's my violin? :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ljamesl wins GUKPT side event : You the man Mr W. What you doing next week James - Irish Open, Brighton Easter Fessie, or DTD Deepstack? Next weekend - not this - will be my first weekend off since November, so I'm gonna play some pokerz somewhere.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hey m8

I'm not gonna go to the Irish Open even tho most of my mates are. I'll probably go to DTD cos few of the Swindon boys wanted to play in that! You going to be there? Be good to see ya!
  • edited March 2010
    Just back on line after  two  day repair on PC and , first post I read is this.. 

Very well done James, tough events those  at the 'VIC' at  any time !!

Result   :))
  • edited March 2010
    Doing UKIPT at all james ? me and dan booked in for day 1b
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ljamesl wins GUKPT side event : Hey m8 I'm not gonna go to the Irish Open even tho most of my mates are. I'll probably go to DTD cos few of the Swindon boys wanted to play in that! You going to be there? Be good to see ya!
    Posted by lJAMESl
    You bet!

I'll cover my Buy-In via a Last-Longer with the Swindon Massive.

See you Saturday, & bring the boyz!

I was toying with the idea of playing the Brighton Fessie, but DTD is far more likely. There'll be a tidy overlay, too.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ljamesl wins GUKPT side event : You bet! I'll cover my Buy-In via a Last-Longer with the Swindon Massive. See you Saturday, & bring the boyz! I was toying with the idea of playing the Brighton Fessie, but DTD is far more likely. There'll be a tidy overlay, too.
    Posted by Tikay10

I'll be there! See you next Saturday... Will be nice to catch up Sir! 

Lewis
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ljamesl wins GUKPT side event : I'll be there! See you next Saturday... Will be nice to catch up Sir!  Lewis
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Good man. Will you be uber-cool again - you know, that bootlace tie thingie?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ljamesl wins GUKPT side event : Good man. Will you be uber-cool again - you know, that bootlace tie thingie?
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOL I'm not sure I can top that dashing outfit! I'll try my best though! hmmmm "bootlace tie thingie" loool that made me chuckle
  • edited March 2010
    Cheers Benny! :)

Hey Ben I don't think I can make it because it clashes with the 11th of April and I've sort of arranged to do something then! GL for it though! Watch out for my m8 Chris Brammer he's top of the leaderboard and looking for a win this time! The ginger assasin!

Hey Tikay thats great news! I'll give them all a message and see if I can get them all involved they will be loving it! C u soon mate just off out with the mrs and and some mates!

GL for everyone whose playing tonight! 
  • edited March 2010
    The holiday INN and Premier INN are fully booked for the Saturday :O. 
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by BrownnDog
    I know the pub poker national final is on at DTD maybe thats got somthing to do with it?
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by BrownnDog
    There are TWO Holiday Inn's in Nottingham the other one is right by J25 of the M1, at "Stapleford". It's 5 or 6 miles from DTD, but has a  cheaper room rate.

Or Day's Inn, at Leicester Forest Services (20 minutes south) is ideal if you have a car - £39 a night.