You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What a Dunk!!! That Really Takes The Biscuit.

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Its Wednesday Night and 6K  Double Stack night, not been running too well of late so a big win was on the cards surely. Missed out on the satalite into this tourny so I decided to pay full entry fee.

I was pretty much down on my luck prior to this touny, but I felt I was turning a corner so I put all the bad beats to one side and decided to give this my best shot. No disturbances, phone off the hook, battery taken out the doorbell and unscrewed the knocker. Lets go for it!!!!

Pretty slow start to be fair but I was holding my own. By the first break I had managed to get my chips up to around 12K so I was delighted with my progress, however, bad beat billy is back on my case and my stack suffers a sizable loss. Yes peeps I was down to 950 chips and things are looking pretty grim.

I waited and waited for my big chance, I shove all-in - 1, 2 and 3 callers OH MY GOD! now I am in a whole lot of 
#%~%?? - But wait a minute Yes!.......Yes!!..........YES!!!I hit trip sixes after going all in with my A6s what a relief. Onwards and upwards I start hitting a few monsters, Trips, Pockets, flushes galore.

"Do you want a cup of tea love?" I hear in the background "yes please" and some biscuits would be nice. I carry on playing whilst dunking my biscuits and building my stack. Now believe it or not I am now 7th in the tourny and sitting with a chipstack of around 186k - I am well pleased with the way things are going.

I get dealt 6,8 off suit so I am waiting for it to come round to me so I can fold, I dip my biscuit in my tea whilst watching the table and suddenly without warning my biscuit feels a whole lot lighter than it was when I dipped it in my tea, I panic as my biscuit breaks off and drops on my mouse, making a dive for it -DISASTER STRIKES!!!!

In the mayhem the biscuit and my hand hit the mouse at the same time and I'm All-In, Don't Panic, I say to myself, with 186k all-in that's a big bet and 99.9% of players will fold. So I watch it go round the table and NOOOoooooo!! 278K man calls my accidental all-in, I crash out of the touny in 7th place and my world has come to an end.

Then just as I am about to top myself - the alarm goes off and its all just a bad dream.

Morale of the story is - Don't Dunk While Playing Poker.

ps. The only true part of this story is - I did finish 7th in wednesdays double stack and won £121.00 but I hope you enjoyed it anyway.

Pokertrev
(Official Suit)

Comments

• edited March 2010
    You forgot to mention the type of biscuit you were dunking. I'm guessing a digestive. They do have a tendancy to break when over dunked. Congrats on the cash tho.
  • edited March 2010
    ahhhh your a dunker, says it all really
  • edited March 2010
    ps. The only true part of this story is -  I did finish 7th in wednesdays double stack and won £121.00 but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Pokertrev (Official Suit)
    Posted by POKERTREV

That's the part i thought to myself this is a wind up he's never 7th the whole all in biscuit thing i fell for until this part lol ;0)

nice dream

monkey123
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What a Dunk!!! That Really Takes The Biscuit.:
    You forgot to mention the type of biscuit you were dunking. I'm guessing a digestive. They do have a tendancy to break when over dunked. Congrats on the cash tho.
    Posted by fingers615
    Ahhhh Yes, I am a digestive fan, but they are unpredictable little beasts and yes I have dropped many of them. Thankfully only in my tea and not on my mouse. Phew!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to What a Dunk!!! That Really Takes The Biscuit.:
    ps. The only true part of this story is -  I did finish 7th in wednesdays double stack and won £121.00 but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Pokertrev (Official Suit)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Oh Yes. And the 950 chips part was true as well and the bit about having to pay full entry fee for it (I remember That)
  • edited March 2010
    i would just like to point out, the dairy milk chocolate hob nob is superior in every way to any other biscuit, not only is it durable, but now you can get them with a creamy centre too!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    i would just like to point out, the dairy milk chocolate hob nob is superior in every way to any other biscuit, not only is it durable, but now you can get them with a creamy centre too!!!!
    Posted by crow01
    You can't beat the Hob Nob, they are just dunkin mental! but i'm not convinced about the creamy centre one though, thats like saying Joe Bugner is going to be boxing whilst sucking a dummy, you just can't take it seriously lol.
  • edited March 2010
    Oh no! not another "dunking" thread purleeease!!!! ;) Nice story though and well done on your top ten finish mate!

PS April 1st is NEXT week! lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What a Dunk!!! That Really Takes The Biscuit. : You can't beat the Hob Nob, they are just dunkin mental! but i'm not convinced about the creamy centre one though, thats like saying Joe Bugner is going to be boxing whilst sucking a dummy, you just can't take it seriously lol.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    point taken, also i have found one downside of the hob nob; once broken in half to fit in the top of your mug there is undoubtedly a very messy trail of crumbs leading to the said mug........
    i put this down to the extra wheaty crust.....

thoughts???
  • edited March 2010
    Oh no! not another "dunking" thread purleeease!!!! ;) Nice story though and well done on your top ten finish mate! PS April 1st is NEXT week! lol
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Mr. Digger Please!!!!!
    Have some faith, I have witnesses to my 7th place finish, although none are available to comment on the biscuit dunking allegations though.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What a Dunk!!! That Really Takes The Biscuit. : You can't beat the Hob Nob, they are just dunkin mental! but i'm not convinced about the creamy centre one though, thats like saying Joe Bugner is going to be boxing whilst sucking a dummy, you just can't take it seriously lol.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    hob nobs are gr8 but they do sukk up so much tea/coffee that when u move them to ur mouth they have a tendency to leak it back out on lap,table,shirt,chin..
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What a Dunk!!! That Really Takes The Biscuit. : point taken, also i have found one downside of the hob nob; once broken in half to fit in the top of your mug there is undoubtedly a very messy trail of crumbs leading to the said mug........ i put this down to the extra wheaty crust..... thoughts???
    Posted by crow01
    Your right Mr Crow, I have noticed this, however, when I pointed this out to the manufacturers they said that, although it looks like quit a lot, only 0.75% of the biscuit actually breaks off in crumbs and this is generally the wheaty crust part. They said this can be cured by using more egg in the mix but this would then tend to make the hob nob more absorbant which would have a detrimental effect on it's dunking ability.

They appologised for the messy crumbs but said, this is the only way that the hob nob can perform to the best of its ability. 
  • edited March 2010
    Oh now come on Trev...you expect me to believe that you ACTUALLY finished 7th?

PS I know you did mate because I saw it with my own eyes! lol And very well played too!

PPS It was the story as a whole that was deserving of the April 1st comment! Sorry for any confusion
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What a Dunk!!! That Really Takes The Biscuit. : Your right Mr Crow, I have noticed this, however, when I pointed this out to the manufacturers they said that, although it looks like quit a lot, only 0.75% of the biscuit actually breaks off in crumbs and this is generally the wheaty crust part. They said this can be cured by using more egg in the mix but this would then tend to make the hob nob more absorbant which would have a detrimental effect on it's dunking ability. They appologised for the messy crumbs but said, this is the only way that the hob nob can perform to the best of its ability. 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    I think also that if they put in more egg it would be less hob and more nob. What do you think?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What a Dunk!!! That Really Takes The Biscuit. : Your right Mr Crow, I have noticed this, however, when I pointed this out to the manufacturers they said that, although it looks like quit a lot, only 0.75% of the biscuit actually breaks off in crumbs and this is generally the wheaty crust part. They said this can be cured by using more egg in the mix but this would then tend to make the hob nob more absorbant which would have a detrimental effect on it's dunking ability. They appologised for the messy crumbs but said, this is the only way that the hob nob can perform to the best of its ability. 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    with regards to the absorbancy of the said hob nob (porous ability), it has come to my attention that with an average "dunking" session  of 5 hob nobs per brew... (PG tips pyramid bags obviously, but this is another thread), i have found they absorb 22% of this brew. although this softens the crusty section, this also drasticaly reduces the amount of brew i have left....

i do not have this problem with a custard cream however.......
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: What a Dunk!!! That Really Takes The Biscuit. : I think also that if they put in more egg it would be less hob and more nob. What do you think?
    Posted by Seagull158
    So with more eggs in it that means we would be dunkin a Nob Nob and not a Hob Nob. Well thats food for thought but I think i'll stick to my digestives cause at least you know what you are getting (Which is usually a spoon to get them out the bottom of the cup)