You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What was I thinking?

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Have you ever looked back at a hand you played and wondered what the hell you were doing? Really bad calls that you talked yourself into at the time, but you now can't remember the reasons so you look like a total donk even to yourself?

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to What was I thinking?:
    Have you ever looked back at a hand you played and wondered what the hell you were doing? Really bad calls that you talked yourself into at the time, but you now can't remember the reasons so you look like a total donk even to yourself?
    Posted by luvBWFC
    Hi

Yup, thats how we learn, shows you are thinking about your game and see the holes in it :)
  • edited March 2010
    Often! We all do it on occasion, live and learn I guess!
  • edited March 2010
    I drop at least one almighty b*ll*ck every game I play. It used to be much more so maybe there's hope for me yet :o)
  • edited March 2010
    If you don't mess up how will you get better?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to What was I thinking?:
    Posted by luvBWFC
    Yes..but whats worse is when you make the right call and lose,and still 'beat yourself' up for doing it..
  • edited March 2010
    OK OK i was joking...

I guess with these spots, its usually a lack of concentration, leading to a false "read" or a lack of belief of the other persons play.
    I think generally the best advice for you is to view the hand history prior to these calls
    I dont know if you do this or not but the best tip is to open the chat box window fully then copy and paste the hand info into a separate file that you can analyse with ease afterwards. i know its a bind but it may help eliminate a leak

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000