You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

One, and All.

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Hello,

My name is Michael, or as you may see, Snowy37. I've been watching poker for the past 25 odd years of my life, and have taken great enjoyment in watching many of todays top proffesionals rise from obscurity. I remember sitting back and watching Phil Hellmuth win his first bracelet to the rise of Poker popularity with Chris Moneymakers WSOP success. Its always been a game that has interested me, and I have often spent time analysing plays I've seen, and conceiving up plays I would make myself. With that said it may surprise you all that upto 24 hours ago, I had never played a hand of poker in my life. (Excluding filling in for my brother-in-law while he took a restroom break, way back in the 70s in a shadey poker variance in the backroom of a pub)

My Grandson is an avid poker player, and in the last year has even been able to take it up as a full time proffesion allowing him to travel to Las Vegas just last month. Something which has made me very proud, while other members of family not being so convinced by his new found proffesion. I've spent much time watching the Sky Poker channel, and really enjoy not only the poker aspects but the great fun that each show brings up. With this said, last night i decided it was time for me to have my own poker playing experience, as at 69 years of age, I'm not getting any younger.

I managed to get signed up just in time to enter my first ever real poker tournament, which was last nights Bounty Hunter. I had alot of fun watching the show, and even more fun playing. I ended up coming 24th, and earning £75 in the process. (Unfortunately I went all-in with AJ with 8bbs, only to find an opponent with KK) Tikay explained my move on the channel as being the correct one, so it wasnt so bad.

Today, I had a look around the site abit more, played some cash games, with not so much success. I had a look at the double or nothing games, and enjoyed the strategy behind them, and found myself cashing 3 of 3.
Overall, I'm excited about playing poker, and I've really realised how much I've been missing from a game that I enjoy so much.

I look forward to playing with you all, and interacting with you all in the future.
Keep up the good work,
Michael/Snowy37

Comments