You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (27th/28th)

edited April 2010 in The Shed
Right peeps, it's that time again. I can smell a winner. I've come so close in the last 2 weeks it's unreal. On 3 occasions I've been 1 goal away from winning decent amounts (I would've been up over £200!).

4 different bets this week (he who dares & all that!)

Main Acca:

Everton to beat Wolves (A) @ 11/10
Millwall (-1) to beat Stockport (H) @ 5/6
Chesterfield to beat Hereford (H) @ 4/6
Rochdale to beat Grimsby (H) @ 2/5
Livingston to beat Queens Park (A) @ 8/11

These 5 are paying 14/1

Everton are in cracking form at the moment having only lost once home & away in their last 6. They got a cracking result at Man City in midweek too inflicting their 1st home defeat of the season. Whilst Wolves have picked up 7 points from their last 3 games (all on the road as well) it should be noted that 6 of these points came against 2 of the most out of form teams in the division at the moment. The point they gained at Villa last week was a good one, no doubt about that, but they got lucky with both their goals there & Villa have been indifferent themselves recently. Everton will provide a much tougher test for McCarthy's men & 11/10 is too good to turn down imo.
Millwall have the best home record in League 1 having only lost once there all season. The general price of 3/10 offers no value so the handicap bet is a better proposition. Stockport have been poor anywhere this season let alone on the road! Surprisingly though they don't have the worst away record in the division but they have lost 10 of their 17 on the road conceding 28 goals in the process.
Chesterfield let me down BIG time last weekend when they conceded an equaliser at Burton with the last kick of the game, but here they're up against a team who have only won once away from home all season. They've lost their last 7 on the bounce.
Rochdale are running away with this division now. Despite going 2-0 down early in the 2nd half at Accrington last week, they managed to bounce back with 4 goals of their own to take the points. They have the best home record in the division & come up against a Grimsby side who have only won twice away from home all season. Grimsby got a good result last week beating Bournemouth at home but a trip to Spotland is a whole different ball game.
It's no surprise that Livingston are the form team of the bottom tier in Scottish football being the leaders. They come up against a Queens Park side who have one of the worst home records in the division having won just 5 from their 14 there.

Long Shot:

Man Utd (-1) to beat Bolton (A) @ 11/10
West Brom to beat Reading (A) @ 11/8
Middlesbrough to beat Watford (A) @ 6/4
Swindon to beat Hartlepool (A) @ 5/4
Norwich to beat Leeds (H) @ EVENS

These 5 are currently paying a whopping 55/1.

The general price of 4/9 for Utd to win at the Meccano (sorry, Reebok) stadium isn't worth it imo. Although Bolton have been better in recent weeks they're up against a Utd side who are closing in on yet another title & a couple of records too. Goal difference could also play a part in deciding where the silverware ends up this year too so I expect some goals from Rooney & co. 
With the exception of Newcastle, Reading & West Brom are THE form sides in the Championship at the moment. It's gonna be tight but I think West Brom will just nick it taking another step back to the top flight. 
Boro have started to look a little better recently & they come up against a poor Watford side who have gradually found themselves sucked into a relegation battle.
Hartlepool are reasonably decent at home but they're not fighting a relegation battle for no reason. Swindon can still nick automatic promotion (although it's probably unlikely) & at the very least will want to cement their play off place.
Leeds have been shocking by their standards recently. The home defeat to Millwall on Monday night would've hurt them and confidence is low at the minute. The last thing they want right now is to be going to the league leaders who can open up an 11 point gap at the top with 3 points here (and probably the title to go with it too). It's gonna be close but I think Norwich will edge it.

Draw Acca:

Barnsley/Doncaster @ 9/4
Derby/Leicester @ 12/5
Huddersfield/Charlton @ 9/4
Notts Co/Rotherham @ 5/2

These 4 are currently paying a huge 125/1

Draws are very hard to pick out (hence the huge odds) but these 4 look a decent call to me. 

Under/Over Acca:

Birmingham/Arsenal - OVER 2.5 @ 8/11
Derby/Leicester - UNDER 2.5 @ 4/6
Reading/West Brom - OVER 2.5 @ 8/11
Swansea/Ipswich - UNDER 2.5 @ 4/7
Norwich/Leeds - OVER 2.5 @ 4/5
Crawley/Stevenage - OVER 2.5 @ 11/10

These 6 are currently paying 29/1

Good luck to everyone having a go tomorrow. Let's hope that at least one of us can pick up some decent money for a change!

Be lucky

Jay

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Jay-bob, I always look forward to your friday post. I was wondering if people as well as putting their footy bets on here, they could also put their super 6 predictions aswell, cos it can be helpful to see what other people think. My super6 predictions are:
    Brum 1-2
    Chelsea 2-0
    Hull 1-1
    Spurs 5-1 (sorry pompey fans)
    West Ham 2-1
    Wolves 0-1
    I dont like to pick my bets until Ive got saturdays sun, I find favourite+score very helpful.
    Good luck all.
  • edited March 2010
    Thanks Tortus, always nice to know it's appreciated.

Maybe we should start a separate thread each week for the super 6 predictions? Keeps things a little clearer maybe? fwiw though, here's my S6 predictions:

Brum 1-3 Arsenal
    Chelsea 2-1 Villa
    Hull 1-1 Fulham
    Spurs 3-1 Pompey
    West Ham 0-1 Stoke (please let me be wrong on this one!)
    Wolves 0-2 Everton
  • edited March 2010

Does anyone know if Milner Dunn and co passed their scans and are fit to play ?
  • edited March 2010
    As far as I'm aware they're all very touch & go. I think they're more likely to be missing along with Agbonlahor. I'd give Villa a miss this week.
  • edited March 2010
    Ok had a few bets today to the value of £50, i really fancy 2 of my bets, 1 i think has a chance and as a manu fan id love it to come off the other is wishful thinking.

Ok my Banker is

Spurs 2/9
    Manu 4/9
    Colchester 8/13
    Millwall 2/7

Only pays 3.67/1 and had £20 on it, will make a small profit should this come in.  United look the dodgiest team if you beleive the press, as were suppose to be resting laods of players for the bayern munich game but even if we do we should be strong enough to win.

Another big fancy is

Bristol Rovers 4/5
    Chesterfield 7/10
    Rochdale 2/5
    Shrewsbury 4/9

This pays 6.17/1 and again ive had £20 on it, both the above bets are with blue square.

Ive had a £5 double on

Birmingham 6/1
    Villa 15/2

This pays a big 59.5/1 with skybet (unusualy for skybet to best odds).  I really beleive both teams can take points today, Birmingham are good at home and Arsenal have injury worries, whilst chelsea apart form the portmouth game have looked very dodgy recently.

Finally Ive had £5 on 5 away wins in the championship

Cardiff 7/4
    Leiscester 9/5
    Bristol City 13/8
    Westbrom 13/8
    Boro 6/4

This pays a massive 132.14/1, dont normally like betting early kickoffs (cardiff) but since ive ghot other bets gonig ive stuck them in.

Good Luck All

Gareth
  • edited March 2010
    Oh and my super 6 isssss

Birmingham 2-1
    Villa 2-1
    Fulham 2-1
    Spurs 3-1
    westham 0-0
    Wovles 2-2
  • edited March 2010
     I'm doing a different than usual bet today.
    Blackburn@15/8
    Cardiff@7/4
    Gillingham@15/8
    Hibs@11/8  in a yankee

And a double on

Brighton @5/6
    Bristol Rovers @8/11. GL ALL.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi all.

Put a few bets on this weekend so might give the bookie a right caning or help him finish paying for his third holiday home.

£1 acca

1. Port Vale v Crewe Both teams to score @ 8/11
    2. Lincoln v Northampton Both teams to score @ 5/6
    3. Barnet v Burton Albion Both teams to score @ 4/5
    4. Hartlepool v Swindon Both teams to score @ 4/6
    5. Watford v Middlesbro' Both teams to score @ 5/6
    6. Crystal Palace v Cardiff Both teams to score @ 5/6
    7. Birmingham v Arsenal Both teams to score @ 8/11
    8. Bradford v Dagenham Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
    9. Gillingham v MK Dons Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
    10. Swansea v Ipswich Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/7
    11. Derby v Leicester Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    12. West Ham v Stoke Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    13. Chelsea v Aston Villa Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/6

7 x sixfold £1 aline 

1. Birmingham v Arsenal Both teams to score @ 8/11
    2. Crystal Palace v Cardiff Both teams to score @ 5/6
    3. Watford v Middlesbro' Both teams to score @ 5/6
    4. Hartlepool v Swindon Both teams to score @ 4/6
    5. Lincoln v Northampton Both teams to score @ 5/6
    6. Port Vale v Crewe Both teams to score @ 8/11
    7. Barnet v Burton Albion Both teams to score @ 4/5
    6 x fivefold £1 aline 

1. West Ham v Stoke Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    2. Chelsea v Aston Villa Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    3. Swansea v Ipswich Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/7
    4. Derby v Leicester Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
    5. Gillingham v MK Dons Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
    6. Bradford v Dagenham Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
    £5 acca

1. Shrewsbury v Darlington Shrewsbury @ 4/11
    2. Rochdale v Grimsby Rochdale @ 2/5
    3. Chesterfield v Hereford Chesterfield @ 4/6
    4. Millwall v Stockport Millwall @ 3/10
    5. Colchester v Wycombe Colchester @ 1/2
    6. Bristol Rov v Southend Bristol Rov @ 8/11
    7. Sheff. Utd v Scunthorpe Sheff. Utd @ 8/13 
    fourfold correct score 81 lines at 5p

1. Tottenham v Portsmouth Tottenham 3-0 @ 7/1
    2. Tottenham v Portsmouth Tottenham 2-0 @ 11/2
    3. Tottenham v Portsmouth Tottenham 1-0 @ 11/2
    4. Millwall v Stockport Millwall 3-0 @ 7/1
    5. Millwall v Stockport Millwall 2-0 @ 9/2
    6. Millwall v Stockport Millwall 1-0 @ 5/1
    7. Shrewsbury v Darlington Shrewsbury 3-0 @ 15/2
    8. Shrewsbury v Darlington Shrewsbury 2-0 @ 9/2
    9. Shrewsbury v Darlington Shrewsbury 1-0 @ 9/2
    10. Rochdale v Grimsby Rochdale 3-0 @ 17/2
    11. Rochdale v Grimsby Rochdale 2-0 @ 9/2
    12. Rochdale v Grimsby Rochdale 1-0 @ 4/1 

Be lucky

achill 

ps. stuck £30 on early game both teams to score at 5/6 so all bets are covered 
  • edited March 2010
    Man utd are resting no one, full strength team today (just seen it on sky sports)
  • edited March 2010

heres my accumulator for the weekend

Fulham
    Spurs
    West Ham
    Coventry
    Swindon
    Norwich
    Bournemouth
    Valencia
    Palermo
    Lyon
    Southampton

This is paying a massive 835/1 so well worth a shot

My Super 6

Arsenal 2-1

Chelsea 2-0

Fulham 1-0

Spurs 4-0

West Ham 2-1

Everton 1-0

Good luck everyone ! 

• edited March 2010
    Decided to add another accum - just got a feeling i could be lucky

Spurs
    Swindon
    Bristol Rovers
    Millwall
    Norwich
    Palermo
    Bremen
    Lyon

Fingers crossed for everyone's bets today
  • edited March 2010
    Here's my 1st acca:

Spurs
    Everton
    Coventry
    Colchester
    Millwall
    Norwich
    Chesterfield
    Rochdale
    Shrewsbury
    Luton

Pays 93/1

Good luck everyone
  • edited March 2010

Here's my draw acca:

Hull v Fulham
    The Dingles v Donny
    Reading v West Brom
    Gillingham v MK Dons
    Bury v Aldershot

Pays 433/1

If this comes in me and my assistant manager(emilyegg) are gonna check out the facilities at Hooters. If it meets our high standards then we'll arrange a trip for the whole community ;-)

• edited March 2010

Just done what 35SUITED said and picked the same 12 teams from the "new game" thread. I left one out that Iwasnt sure about, and to my amazement, the other 11 were only 39/1!!!

So I put Boro back in, and it came to 96/1 - gl all.

DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    All I can say is thank you Bristol Rovers -  2 down already!
  • edited March 2010
    Back to 2-2 now though!
  • edited March 2010
    yh lol  mayb that comment sparked them into life. They still need 1 more. Hopefully it comes!
  • edited March 2010
    ffs Chesterfield, surely not 2 weeks running? Hereford are c rap away from home 
  • edited March 2010
    This is turning out to be a REALLY BAD day.

Chesterfield are gonna s crew me over for a 2nd week running, Hull are beating Fulham & to top it all off we're now losing at home to Stoke.

I hope someone took my advice in midweek & chucked some money on Stoke today. The only reason I didn't follow my own advice is cos I hate betting against us.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (27th/28th):
    Man utd are resting no one, full strength team today (just seen it on sky sports)
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Dont believbe everything u see on sky, rooney and ferdinand arent even on the bench today
  • edited March 2010
    nooooooooooooooooooo wycombe score 92nd min goal to muck up my banker, just came on here to say it was looknig good as well grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • edited March 2010
    ah sorry to hear that always worse in injury time

however bristol rovers nd norwich both scored late goals to keep my bet alive. it's up to palermo and lyon now so one of those is bound to drop points lol altho I no that's no conselation for you

keep going and hopefully that luck will change
  • edited March 2010
    Hopefully not Palermo cos I've just popped them in a 4 way along with Malaga, Barca & Benfica in a 6/1 shot
  • edited March 2010
    I did 3 accumalators this week with one winning....

i did

Havant and waterlooville 8/11 - win
    Norwich evens - win
    Millwall - 1 5/6 - win
    forfar 11/10 - win

5 pound got me back 100 which i put 20 pound on over the weekend so nice lil profit, any1 got any tips for tomorrow?
  • edited March 2010

Well done Rhodesey, good to here someone winning some money. I haven't even thought about tommorrow yet but I would guess Saints will win, as will Real Madrid, Liverpool and Sevilla.
    Lyon have just won and so now i'm relying on Palermo to win me 200 quid.
    I have never wanted a team to win so much lol 

• edited March 2010
    I was only saved by a last minute own goal at bristol (20 double bristolR+brighton)+ Ive a bit back for cardiff+hibs in my £2 yankee,with blackburn tomorrow, (extra £60 if they win) So for once a last minute goal has gone in my favour.
  • edited March 2010
    absolute cert for tomorrow.....chievo v parma DRAW
    i'm afraid the price has crashed but get what you can on it
    as i've been told it's like having a licence to print money....gl
  • edited March 2010
    Right then, on to tomorrow.

Liverpool (-1) to beat Sunderland (H) @ 10/11
    Blackburn to beat Burnley (A) @ 15/8
    Sheff Utd to beat Scunthorpe (H) @ 8/13
    Southampton to beat Carlisle (N, 90 Mins) @ 4/5

These 4 are returning 14/1.

The general price of 3/10 for Liverpool to win just isn't worth it so whilst the handicap bet is a little more risky I think it's worth it. Blackburn are pants away from Ewood (1 win in 15 so far) but they're up against a Burnley team with only 1 win in 20 home & away so 15/8 looks huge. Sheff  Utd are strong at Bramall Lane losing only 2 there all season whilst Scunny have the 2nd worst away record in the division only winning 3 times from 19 attempts. Had it not been for a combination of a 10 point deduction & a slow start, Southampton would've been right up there chasing promotion this year (fwiw, I think they're strong contenders to win the division next season). Mathematically they're still in with a shout of making the play offs but it's unlikely this year. They drew up at Brunton Park back at the end of September & have gone from strength to strength since with Ricky Lambert scoring for fun. They should be too strong Carlisle.

I'm off to see if Zola's been given the boot yet.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (27th/28th):
    absolute cert for tomorrow.....chievo v parma DRAW i'm afraid the price has crashed but get what you can on it as i've been told it's like having a licence to print money....gl
    Posted by LENGALENG
    I read in the paper about the mafia getting involved with the match fixing

It was in midweek there was thousands put down on a 1-1 draw on some italian game.

And woosh the game ends 1-1

Wish i had got involved with this gamble...like u say its like having a license to print money lol