You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

First Words!

edited August 2009 in Poker Chat
Right, we know there are a lot of you out there that read all these great forum posts but don't actually contribute... So... this is our call out to you, to come and be part of the Sky Poker Community.

the whole idea around this thread is to turn some of you lurkers ;) into hardened community posting pros!

The community is a great place to air your views, likes, dislikes, moans, groans, laughs etc etc etc. So please get on this thread and say hello!

We will run this thread until the end of August and then make a prize draw and give one lucky poster free entry into one of our poker tournaments.

the only Rule for entry is that you must not have made a forum post before! so all you guys who haven't made a post on the forum yet, shout up and give yourself a great chance of winning a cool prize!!!!

All the best and Happy posting!

Long live the community!

Rich

Comments

• edited July 2009
    *Newsflash*
    Sky discriminates against the faithful :(

Not really! Come on you guys, this really is a fun place to chat and meet new people so post and this way you even get something back for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: First Words!:
    *Newsflash* Sky discriminates against the faithful
    Posted by dowzer
    lol, no way! it's in the plan to start awarding spot prizes for great community contributions so that should be a good way to reward all you seasoned posters! We just really want to encourage a few more people to get involved, lets hope it works...

• edited July 2009
    Mike watches the tumbleweed roll past.......
  • edited July 2009

Seriously though, i would like to encourage people that haven't posted before to join in the fun on the forum.you can find a bit of everything from the general chit-chat and tom foolery in this section, the serious stuff in the strategy section (those guy's & gal's really know their stuff) to the off the wall posts in "the shed" that Sky_rich is so fond of.You can even pop down to area51 for a vent after a bad beat or two ;)

What ever takes your fancy I'm sure you will find a place on the forum that suits you and be welcomed with open arms by a very friendly community.

Why not start with a quick hello just under this post to get yourself into the swing of things.

Penguin says "dont be shy, come say hi" ;)

• edited July 2009
    Yay! First forum post!

Bit of a perennial lurker more often than not but I wouldn't say no to a free tourny entry! Especially considering the (extraordinary) size of my bankroll.

Anyway, hi guys.
  • edited July 2009
    My first word as an infant was apparently "caravan" although I am told it was pronounced "ca-ra-ban"

Lord knows what I was thinking!
  • edited July 2009
    ban him please sky..no need facup or leng
  • edited July 2009
    Yay! First forum post! Bit of a perennial lurker more often than not but I wouldn't say no to a free tourny entry! Especially considering the (extraordinary) size of my bankroll. Anyway, hi guys.
    Posted by HighTree
    Excellent, and a massive welcome to you sir!
  • edited July 2009
    Ok then, hello everyone.

First time I`ve checked this forum out. NOT a lurker.

I used to post regularly on the old Poker Night Live forum, if any of you were on there.

Think my name was SteveMCFC or something like that.

I also get on the AWOP forum now and again. (STEVE T )

Tend to play more live these days but have the odd session on Sky and regularly watch the programmes.

Usually on repeats though.

Anyway, hopefully find time to check this forum out a bit now I`ve bothered to register.
  • edited July 2009
    hi all, this is to rich. i must apologise for my sons apauling behaviour and comments on the forum. i only found out by e mail that he has been rude to few people on here again, you have my assurance it will not happen again.
  • edited July 2009

My first words were uttered in a Hardware store in Leytonstone (Crownfield Road, if you're interested). 

Apparently, I'd been bouncing a plastic soldier along the top of a row of Paraffin Heaters. When the store owner saw this, he warned; “Ooooh son, no touch; burny fingers”, to which I replied “Yeah, f@*•ing dood, innit?”

Sadly, the swear word was the only word I pronounced correctly in this brief riposte, and to this very day, is still the language I get right most of the time.

Even more sadly; I've chosen to admit this on a public forum...

Still, do I win a prize?

• edited July 2009
    Sadly i have made 2 posts on here before so i wont be winning any prizes, ( not surprising if you resd them ). Only joined sky about 2/3 weeks ago but really enjoy the small buy in SnG's as they seem like a good place to learn. Always lurking around the forum and enjoy reading the blogs. Just thought i'd say hi anyway. Quick question for Razorkey. I'm from Bristol so i support the mighty Bristol City. Do you think QPR have a realistic chance this year m8?
  • edited July 2009
    Welcome all you 'first worders' ... it's great to have you onboard.

• edited July 2009
    Sadly i have made 2 posts on here before so i wont be winning any prizes, ( not surprising if you resd them ). Only joined sky about 2/3 weeks ago but really enjoy the small buy in SnG's as they seem like a good place to learn. Always lurking around the forum and enjoy reading the blogs. Just thought i'd say hi anyway. Quick question for Razorkey. I'm from Bristol so i support the mighty Bristol City. Do you think QPR have a realistic chance this year m8?
    Posted by fingers615
    FINGERS HI M8,, if you go to my blogs i will respond to you better,,personally think wba us boro and sheff w will all b in the running ,,think u lot will b sniffing too gl ,,
  • edited July 2009
    this is the first time i've ever posted on an internet message board, ever.

sure makes a change to writing on this soft wall with crayons.
  • edited July 2009
    i heard a unique piece of insulting today.

my eight year old lad was playing with his mates in the garden and someone upset him. he retorted by saying....

"your mam is so fat she makes shamu look like a tictac"

can't imagine where he gets it from.
  • edited August 2009
    I'm from Bristol so i support the mighty Bristol City.
    Posted by fingers615
    Curse me for not seeing this earlier, but....

+1!!! Nice to see another sh!thead amongst the ranks :)
  • edited August 2009
    1st post on this forum.

And all I can say is

I was robbed!

My flush ended in 2 theirs in 3 and they won......................................

Still.

Hi ya everyone
  • edited August 2009

My pet hate: Using the word loose instead of lose.
  • edited August 2009
    evening everyone,been a sky player for a good few years now,but not really looked at the forum before,playing the open last night (38th) fished out of a monster pot,when i heard TK mention the forum,so i thought i'd pop my head in and say hello..

left online poker alone for a while to concentrate on my live play..but just recently found myself playing the odd online comp...getting the bug again so where better to get cracking again..

right here right now...

good luck with your poker all..we all need a little bit of that.
  • edited August 2009
    My pet hate: Using the word loose instead of lose.
    Posted by Occultus
    LOL think im guilty of that one. Same as dessert and desert
  • edited August 2009
    why not im thinking, yes, become at active poster.  Hi Rich, dont know if your the guy happy
    to choose the bad beats but i think (and not the good people on this forum, mind) that
    skypoker is sh?T

Bet365 offer plenty of $1000 guarenteed tourneys, with poker of all varieties.
    buyins are as little as $1 for these tournaments with the 2hr approx speed
    ones being $3 to enter with a prizepool of $3000 minimum.
    8.30pm every day there is a $35,000 rebuy and addon tourney which is
    $10+$1 to enter.  i look forward to seeing u all at BET365 :)

good enough for that free willy wonky ticket nob cheese?

• edited August 2009
    Hi all,

I used to be a serial chatter on a range of "chat-up" forums many years ago. Suffice to say I ended up getting married to someone I met online. After a handful of years it never worked out, she complained that I was always on the computer and never paid attention to her, citing that I had "changed" since we first met. Bizzare statement given we had met online, but hey I'm happy with my character. More recently I've always been a lurker, primarily since I dont want to get drawn into the frequent personal attacks that most chat forum seem to detract into. Hopefully this site stays above that sort of juvenile behaviour. I'm happy to make the occassional quality posting rather than daily contribution :-)

My suggestion would be to try and arrange some sort of "team event" - does such a thing exist in Poker (e.g. the recent Sky Poker Ashes)? How about on a football theme, players join a team (different each week, i.e. not necessarily one they support) with fixtures aligned to that weeks matches. Say for one game 30 players, 15 each for Arsenal and Liverpool, split evenly into 5 tables of 6. Play for 90 minutes (with a half time break, so large chip count, low/slow blinds). Aggregate the chip count at the end and everyone in the winning team splits the winnings in cash with points also awarded for longer term league purposes. Problems could be collusion, but disable the chat (instead replace it with live feed from sky sports teleprinter) and randomize team selection and that should sort it. Add a bounty for players knocked out within 90 minutes, plus allow someone knocked out in the first half to come back on in the 2nd. All in all, a winner I reckon - copyright with me :-)

Anyway as Star_Rich will attest in the freeroll chat earlier that I correctly predicted Mr Bolt would break the 200m WR, I almost got the time right. Thus surely that must be deserved of a prize :-)
  • edited August 2009
    Hi, it would be great to chat with fellow disatisfied customers about how sh?T skybet
    is.  My email is forby@rock.com and it would be great to hear from you.

Can i apologise in advance that the only free token is my friendship (not worth too
    much i know) but what did u expect, a FREE token from Skypoker? doubtful very
    wasnt it.  Anyone relate this:  When Skybet gets mentioned on the tele, like on
    C4 racing, im shouting in spirits (well in my head with trustable audiable voice)
    "DONT TRUST THEM, ANYWHERE BUT SKYBET, ITS FIXED" and then happily
    smiling away wondering to God if ive helped anyone make a wise choice that day.

I love to hate them, but not wish any bad of obviously, because that could put
    my place in Heaven in contempt.....and i wouldnt anyway.

it would be nice to receive an email from ANY of u, even if its saying "your funny
    but your paranoid" or "your crazy" or "shut up" - all fine.

Thankyou and Good Day

Forby
    forby@rock.com - all questions answered ; )
  • edited August 2009
    Welcome 'the Bouncer'

great to chat to you last night on the tables

Rich
  • edited August 2009
    this poker site is fixed ask ICASHMORE or find him
  • edited August 2009
    i wonder whos paying your wages oh i forgot the bots
  • edited August 2009
    This is my first post! Only joined on friday, hope that wasnt the reason the site went down :)
  • edited August 2009
    lol. now we all know whose to blame  ! nice introduction , welcome to the forum , just dont do it again please.
  • edited August 2009
    lol. now we all know whose to blame  ! nice introduction , welcome to the forum , just dont do it again please.
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Haha, ty, I will behave now!