You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I know...another right or wrong moment...?

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceletsplay11Small blind £0.15£0.15£14.42iantaxiBig blind £0.30£0.45£25.71 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A
   Ads2kukRaise £1.20£1.65£38.70welpFold    MrWh1teFold    iklejackCall £1.20£2.85£38.83letsplay11Call £1.05£3.90£13.37iantaxiFold    Flop  
  • Q
  • Q
   letsplay11Bet £1.95£5.85£11.42Ads2kukCall £1.95£7.80£36.75iklejackCall £1.95£9.75£36.88Turn  
   letsplay11Check    Ads2kukCheck    iklejackBet £4.88£14.63£32.00letsplay11All-in £11.42£26.05£0.00Ads2kukFold    iklejackFold    letsplay11Muck    letsplay11Win £25.08 £25.08

Comments

• edited March 2010
    3 way, turn check raise, player to act after you who has already bet... a fold is fine.
    Or the short stack could have like a pocket pair and be donk betting out on flop to take the pot, then checking after getting 2 callers, then when seeing the weak turn bet decided that they just want to get it in.

Fold is fine imo.
  • edited March 2010

fold is ok here I guess.

• edited March 2010
    tbh here i am calling. Yes it is four ways but it seems to me everything is weak, my opponent here may want to end it on the turn however if i have trip queens/FH here im milkn the pot. It isnt letting me see suits just colours so im assuming Q3 are either both hearts or diamonds which would be the only justification for a Q moving in here, but then the flop would have been stronger.

Im just unable to fold my AA here. However if you have a read on your opponent you can make better judgement i often loook at these hands as if i was playing with them and i usually slow play a strong hand but then again it does get me in trouble against draws that hit.

But this is why im calling. However i can fully understand the fold and i can see why it was made. Although again if the Q3 is suited he may have been on a draw and decided that he was taking it there and then incase he missed he wouldnt have enough money to scare off on the river. Again you have a read on the player i dont so only you can tell.

Unlucky and your stronger willed than me for folding Aces
  • edited March 2010
    I would be interested in your thoughts this morning Ads.

You were pretty steaming last night and I was doing my best to be in a pot with you.
    And I know for a fact you lied about some of your hands lol!
  • edited March 2010
    Morning White,

I wasn't steaming mate..I was on major tilt from earlier on in the day at Dusk Till Dawn.

I started with £17 on that table and worked it up to £70 in an hour but there were 2 hands that completely messed me up...One of them being when your A 3 beat my KKs. But it happens..

Thanks for the replies blackfish, don etc...apparently the guy had 99s which means it was a poor fold but to be honest, I had iklejack to act after me so If I push over the top of the £11 all in then I'm only being called by a better hand...

Ah well, the lovely words of....thats poker comes in! 
  • edited March 2010

tilt = steaming, is what i meant.

yeah i was a bit sorry about beating your KK (but not too sorry i hope u understand), but i had you on ace high and thought i was ahead with my three, when i hit the second one it was pretty standard play.  im not usually a fish, honest, i just read you wrong.

u will get it back from someone else i am sure :D

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: I know...another right or wrong moment...?:
    tilt = steaming, is what i meant. yeah i was a bit sorry about beating your KK (but not too sorry i hope u understand), but i had you on ace high and thought i was ahead with my three, when i hit the second one it was pretty standard play.  im not usually a fish, honest, i just read you wrong. u will get it back from someone else i am sure :D
    Posted by MrWh1te
    No problem man, it happens. Like you said, it was standard when the 3 came on turn...

Hope to catch you on the felt again soon fella, for me to atleast have the chance to win it back! ;)

• edited March 2010
    I am sure we will :D