You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Blind out players

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
what is the correct protocol here?

I have been on a DYM SNG where one of the six players has never taken his/her seat and we are left with four. The three live players then can just blind out the player that has taken no pert in the game other than to place in the buy in. 

one of the three live players however did not see it that way and continued normal play. taking out one of the other live players before the away player was taken out..

which is correct? 

blind out?

play on regardless?

come to an agreement between players? (hoping that they are reading the text box)

i look forward to the reasoning behind the answers...

regards 

4suited

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Hi

come to an agreement between players? (hoping that they are reading the text box), a definite no, no, you are not allowed to talk about things like this in the chatbox, but the correct play is steal the blinds :)
  • edited March 2010
    coming to an agreement between players is collusion, and therefor cheating and should result in a ban.

personally i am happy to keep playing, i will take the blinds when i can.  if having an away player causes other to be tighter then i am happy to loosen up for the free chips :D
  • edited March 2010
    lol, no-one posted when i started typing reply, nice to see we are all on the same page though :D
  • edited March 2010

"one of the three live players however did not see it that way and continued normal play. taking out one of the other live players before the away player was taken out.."

Surely this means that TWO of the live players did not see it that way??? The guy cannot be nocked out unless he commits his chips? - In which case, more fool him!!!!!

I would steal from the guy who is away given the opportunity, and play absolutely no hands at all against the other live players
  • edited March 2010
    Do not collude - this is cheating, however if you are all 'switched on to the tactical side' you could all still blind out the player without saying anything, a bit like if a player in a tourney is all in, the others will check it down to the river, this is fine, but not if they discuss it before or during the hand. What i tend to do in this situation, is play my own game, but dont do anything stupid, and most importantly, make sure you keep your chip stack above the away players chip stack, thats the key.