You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Foul mouthed, and collusion?

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Hello,

I took the time to introduce myself as a first time player of poker, after many years of watching the game. I received an amazing welcome from players on this forum, and was really having so much fun playing, and chatting to new players. Until..

I just finished playing a double or nothing sit and go tournament, when I came across a player called 'RIDDO'.
We got into a pot, where i had 10J, at 75/150 blinds. The flop came, 9QA, he made a mini bet of 150, and i called as I was given a good price to hit my straight, i missed on the turn, and he bet 150 again. I still was being given great odds to hit my straight, and now a flush draw too, so I called. I hit my flush on the end, and he again just makes a bet of 150, i made the call, as their was higher flush capabilitys. He turned over 4th pair.
This is where it all began..

I was on the end of a flurry of abuse from this player, proclaiming i was a 'fishy northampton ****'. Now I didn't appreciate the abuse especially as I think the bad play was on his part with poor bet sizing, on such a draw heavy board, but I got on with it. I could only think his anger would benefit my situation in the long run, and thought nothing more.

Until, a few hands later, we became 4 handed. With one more player out everyone would have double their money, when he wrote this..

'RIDDO /> lets make sure snowy the fish doesnt double his money'

At this point, for the first time in the whole game, I was very annoyed. I was actually looking forward to this game being over, when I realised what a complete brainless fool I was playing with.

Surely he is trying to persuade collusion? which is not good for the site, or anyone. Maybe I am over-reacting, but I've been having alot of fun playing for the past few days, and such fools have put a downer on it cause whats fun about that?

Michael 

Comments

• edited March 2010
    He does that, report him or ignore him, hes just trying to tilt you.
  • edited March 2010

Heyyy Michaell, it seems from your description that this guy was a lone 1diot, and therefore I wouldn't  have thought there was any collusion going on.

Often at a table, I will sit and target one player, nothing personal, but I feel this guys chips/money are going to be easier to get than the other peoples. However announcing this in the chatbox, would not only be rude, but it would be silly and detrimental to my game, as Im announcing my game plan to others, who will adapt accordingly.

All I can say is that poker, as you know, is a very emotional game, and any "ups and downs" you feel, can greatly effect your decision making, so letting these guys get to you, is playing right into their hands.

Im nt sure if you are aware that you can turn the chatbox off? 

I know this is only a short term fix, and wont stop him doing it long term, but you can report the guy to the customer care team and they are usually good at sorting the problem out.

It doesnt bother me in the slightest personally, as I said above, if hes taking out his frustration on the chatbox, he can't be thinking 100% about his game, so Im half way there.

He's definitely in the minority, I hope you report him, and continue to enjoy playing your poker :)

Good Luck, DOHH
  • edited March 2010
    Yea seen this before and not sure what the policy regarding collusion whether 2 players are working to gether  know each other or even if they dont but persuade another to work together. I personaly have checked it down so both players have more chance to knock the other out and players sometimes realise this and can do the same. But i have never 'asked' anyone in the chat to do this and think it is very bad poker manners and a form of cheating really. Best bet is to contact customer support for the rules really. This guy is obviously not very nice but its a small percentage of players on here im sure. GL anyways
  • edited March 2010
    some people are just rude but only a very small minority on here ive found.

i had this a few weeks ago when some guy raised 3xbb and i called with q10 clubs.

he shoved after the turn

i hit a flush knocking him out and he went mad calling me allsorts saying i was stupid for calling his raise etc.....

i just put lol in the chatbox! this seems to work well against agro players ;)
  • edited March 2010
    I know its easy said then done but just try and shrug it off and concentrate on the game.  If I see someone giving me or someone else abuse, then this is probably the weakest player on the table.  They will usually play a much wider range so just be patient for the right moment to strike.

Doubt there was any collusion there, I guess the rest of the players on the table were paying very little attention to what they were saying.
  • edited March 2010
    id have ruined him in the chat box, without being offensive of course, belittling him at every opportunity !!! but never let it get 2 u or it will affect youre game!!! on every site there are idiots moaning bullying swearing etc i think the more the merrier as these r normally poor players that i make my (small lol) profit from
  • edited March 2010
    "Sit and goes" are the worst  games for collusion, alot of people use  'skype' 'mobiles' and 'msn'  on all poker sites not just here,  and Holdem is the easiest game to  collude at....

If,   I  play cash holdem (not often)    I sit for  around 15mins then move table or find  a tournament ..
    These days  I play Hi-Lo Omaha cash, and it would be very difficult to  collude at that game, but same thing  around 30mins and I'm out of there ..

MTT, Tournaments are by far the the safest  and in my opinion more entertaining as far  as 'chat'  and having a laugh ..

glk  Snowy,    and ignore the people who  abuse the way you play , they probably dont know enough about the game, and are playing out of  their  loss limits
  • edited March 2010

Hiya Snowy. at the end of the day you knew what you were doing he didnt. Had something similar a while back on a dym. I was short stacked and anytime i sensed weakness, limping etc, pre or post flop  i went allin.After 3 or 4 allins. acouple of guys got wound up and openly chatted and agreed that i couldn't have a hand everytime and so they would both call(they both had at least 10 times my stack)  Another guy replied b4 i could something like "gd luck with that but your both out of order" I then wrote "lol course i haven't got anything i'm short stacked you idiots" The very next hand i went allin with rubbish and no one called lol.So there are a few muppets about m8, law of averages and all that. Im not bothered wot people write tbh but if i felt there was collusion i would probably report it, to safeguard other users on this site.
           In my own case i didn't feel they were colluding intentionally(although they were) but they were just getting frustrated coz there was only 4 of us left .
           Hope this incident hasn't put you off too much and look forward to meeting you at a table or two.
             All the best
                ps  i came 4th btw lol     

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Foul mouthed, and collusion?:
    "Sit and goes" are the worst  games for collusion, alot of people use  'skype' 'mobiles' and 'msn'  on all poker sites not just here,  and Holdem is the easiest game to  collude at.... If,   I  play cash holdem (not often)    I sit for  around 15mins then move table or find  a tournament .. These days  I play Hi-Lo Omaha cash, and it would be very difficult to  collude at that game, but same thing  around 30mins and I'm out of there ..  MTT, Tournaments are by far the the safest  and in my opinion more entertaining as far  as 'chat'  and having a laugh ..   glk  Snowy,    and ignore the people who  abuse the way you play , they probably dont know enough about the game, and are playing out of  their  loss limits
    Posted by bennydip2
    +1 mate
  • edited March 2010
    Style differ you do not have to play by the book.If every body played the same it would be dull as dish water.I enjoy the nutters who can only shove or the calling stations its fun to ajust my game but collution is a no no report it.Hope you fun playing from now on 99% lad and lasses good eggs.