You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quick idea for the forum

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
Just a quick suggestion for Sky. I remember a while back you guys done a Posters Freeroll which im sure everyone who took part in enjoyed and the level of poker was very good quality and the chatboxes where filled with banter. Which is something i rarley see these days unless im on the table with someone whos on the telle or against another forum player. And with all these bad beat threads constantly comming up just now, i was thinking maybe players on the forums could play with eachother a little more.

I understand this must have been a costly thing to run but it was very good at the time. Or even a passworded Buy-in tournament that you can only enter if your selected by Sky, this would cut losses, and say if the Buyin was £2 with 50 people in (from the posters freeroll example) thats £100 prizepool so would work out about the same as the last prizepool. So that would work by say Sky selects 50 people with the most constructive posts and offers them the slot for £2. Should they wish to reject they could have say 10 back ups who could enter. This way it garentees 50 players which in turn garentees the prizepool.

What ya say Sky

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Good idea Don  +1
  • edited March 2010
    any other comments on this guys.
  • edited March 2010
    Make it a fiver ;)
  • edited March 2010
    As youve said dohhh even an increased amount is ok. I just picked £2 because its in alomst everyones price bracket. And also it was an example that matched the last prizepool perfectly
  • edited March 2010

The main tourny through the day on sky (I'd argue the only decent one) - is a 250 gtd, £5 buy in.

50n runners for me, with a £5 buy in would be a fun tourny, and a worthwhile one. Finding the balance between making it affordable, and making it appeal to the mid/higher stakes players would be important....

With a £250 prize pool, top prize will be around 100 quid, which would definitely appeal to most. 

Good idea, I would play it :)

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Quick idea for the forum:
    In Response to Re: Quick idea for the forum : It would just be the same old forum favorotes getting picked. What are you looking for exactly, good chat, good players, good value or just forum people as I think all this has been set up already via the orfordable deepstack, forum deepstack or Tikay deepstack.
    Posted by torryboy
    I was hoping for a normal style game similar to that of the old posters freeroll. Which was a reward for good constructive posts
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Quick idea for the forum : It would just be the same old forum favorotes getting picked. What are you looking for exactly, good chat, good players, good value or just forum people as I think all this has been set up already via the orfordable deepstack, forum deepstack or Tikay deepstack.
    Posted by torryboy

Yeah i agree these deepstack tournaments always have good banter and some good players who are also forum regulars play them regularly. as ive said before i think there the best tourneys on here! deepstacked so plenty of room to make moves, last a few hours so get a good nights poker out of it and great banter what more could you ask for :)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Quick idea for the forum : It wasnt a reward for good constructive posts it was for the top 50 that posted the most no matter what ie there were some amount of one liners at that time. So if 50 get picked to compete in a 5 pound normal style tourney from the forum will this list change the week after?
    Posted by torryboy
    Well what my aim was to reward good posts. Quality over Quantity. That way there maybe the odd person who is seen every week, but for that youd have to be one of the most constructive people. Other than that i think the list would change on a week to week basis
  • edited March 2010
    LIKE THE IDEA CANT SEE IT WORKING WHEN IT WAS DECIDED ON NUMBER OF POSTS WORLD WAR 3 NEARLY BROKE OUT IF IT WAS DECIDED ON QUALITY WHICH IS ENTIRLY OPINION BASED IM AFRAID IT YOUR ARE GOING TO GET A FORUM FULL OF SNIPING AND WHINGING
  • edited March 2010
    LIKE THE IDEA CANT SEE IT WORKING WHEN IT WAS DECIDED ON NUMBER OF POSTS WORLD WAR 3 NEARLY BROKE OUT IF IT WAS DECIDED ON QUALITY WHICH IS ENTIRLY OPINION BASED IM AFRAID IT YOUR ARE GOING TO GET A FORUM FULL OF SNIPING AND WHINGING
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Ok then how about the players vote for thier favorite posts. The only rule being you cant vote for yourself.
  • edited March 2010
    If you want banter just play the Orfordable, that's on 4 nights a week now and has loads of forum regulars to chat too only, £3.30 to enter with the chance to get a descent top prize around £50.

Your idea about only quality posts being favoured is impossible to do as everyone has their own opinion of quality or poor posts so it could just start unnesasry arguements.
  • edited March 2010
    If you want banter just play the Orfordable, that's on 4 nights a week now and has loads of forum regulars to chat too only, £3.30 to enter with the chance to get a descent top prize around £50. Your idea about only quality posts being favoured is impossible to do as everyone has their own opinion of quality or poor posts so it could just start unnesasry arguements.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Hense why i think it shoudl go to a vote therefore when it does come round to it everyone is happy. And im not so sure about you guys, but im not exactly a deep stack player. I think Dohhh is also with me when i say Sky does need some more top drawer tournaments, as alot of them are just the same. The deepstacks mentioned in here are really the only top drawer tournaments apart from the Garenteeds and the televised tournaments (which not everyone has the buyin for if they fail to satellite).
  • edited March 2010
    How about a comedy forum cash table at 2p/4p with a 7-2 game running? :):):)