You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Bad Play or Bad Call?

Played in a DYM earlier today, I was absolutely spitting after the villan called, I have been playing quite tight, not showing any tendencies of getting out of line.......he has called this for 60+% of his chips if he loses he is big trouble

I guess its the old adage you can't bluff a bad player

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bulevska04 Small blind  100.00 100.00 2780.00
TheAAces Big blind  200.00 300.00 1450.00
  Your hole cards

Villan Call  200.00 500.00 2470.00
BIGT870 Fold     
bulevska04 Fold     
TheAAces Check     
Flop

TheAAces All-in  1450.00 1950.00 0.00
Villan Call  1450.00 3400.00 1020.00
TheAAces Show

Villan Show
  • A
  • Q

Turn

River

• J

Villan Win Pair of 6s 3400.00  4420.00

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010
    well, whats the difference if he calls you with a pair or Q 10 or sumthing similar, you still would of only had 9 outs to hit, I think if you check that he probably checks behind turn and river and you haven't gone out.

I still can't explain the call, but in a DYM I don't think this was the correct time to shove.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've started playing these again recently, and come to the conclusion SURVIVAL IS EVERYTHING. In this situation with your stack you still have 7 BB's which is a lot at this stage, in this hand you haven't made a raise or bet so don't have any idea what the villain has, he could easily have a big pair waiting for someone to shove. On the flop I personally would be just happy to see a turn card, the way you've played it your hoping he has nothing which is very risky especially at 4 handed. If this was a MTT a push is perfectly fine but one off the cash in a DYM you can't do it.

Ofcourse the call feels pretty sick too leaving himself very short. I always wonder how some guys make these calls, I had a similar one call with 2's after checking to me on flop I pushed with draw he called, I could have had ANY pair but still he called, like you say NEVER bluff bad players.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I think you played the hand fine, with only 7 BBs left what else could you do but PUSH, if you check he will bet and you cant start calling a bet of 200/300 chasing your flush down two streets!!!

I would of played the hand exactly the same, it was a bad call and you just got unlucky, imo i dont think a decent player would of called there, move up a level or two lol

• Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Bad Play or Bad Call?:
    I think you played the hand fine, with only 7 BBs left what else could you do but PUSH, if you check he will bet and you cant start calling a bet of 200/300 chasing your flush down two streets!!! I would of played the hand exactly the same, it was a bad call and you just got unlucky, imo i dont think a decent player would of called there, move up a level or two lol
    Posted by goodylad21

Hey, Goody I have been through your bins and now I'm hiding in the bushes..........give me a wave from the window.

Yes, I need to move up a few levels, too many donks who can't laydown big starting hands regardless of any evidence to the contrary that they are probably behind................pffffff!!!!

I have the guy noted so I know what to do with him next time.

GL at the tables