You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Running bad?

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
You don't know the meaning lol.....  Last 3 days i could have wept...  So, to increase the pain i searched some HH's.  Won >25bb's and lost >25bb's in last 2 days.  The losses when in front and called by people without odds and/or behind allin:

KK<AQ
55<78 on 536 flop
AA<J7 in 3bet pot
AK<A6 3bet pot
AJ<A8 3bet pot
AQ<KQ 79Qsss flop Allin he hit's 2outer
99<53 3bet pot
QT<J4 Allin commit JJK9 brd
QQ<57 3bet pot
KK<AK
JK<44 KJ4 cooler flop
KQ<J5 8JQ9 brd
TT<AK
Another 5 coinflips allin pre lost

OK... now on to the winners where i behind preflop or on flop......

TT />KK allin pre
Unfortunately, that's it!

FU variance?  Well i say variance...... nearly all of the above came from unknown non-regs who seemed to be cleaning up.  I've never witnessed anything like the way sky gives out such a runbad EVERY month at some point.  Anyone else notice this to a weird extent or is it just me needing a tinfoil hat?

Maybe time to give this wh*re of a game up or look for pastures new.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    yes im getting it tonight m8 and had it in the past similar beats as well. only way to get round it is to stop for a couple of days or play low stakes so the loses dont hurt so much but yea it sucks big time. seems to happen one game after another aswell not over a number spread out but one after another. I personaly dont think its totaly random online and think software always has faults but its not aimed towards you your just sat in the wrong seat lol but thats my view and i still play online but you just have to play the site sometimes not the player lol

lots of people have different opinions on it and we shall never know. But as i said take a break for a day if it continues stop and wait another day. It can also go your way and you get a winning streak aswell just sucks in the mean time.

i play with my laptop in the micro wave instead of a tin hat works for me :)

also dont go all in pre flop they might look good but if you get called you cant really complain about the beat your better off raising and seeing where you are and bet acordingly before making any decisions any two cards can win and pre flop all ins are only ok if you have a bigger stack than opponant or blinds are just to high and you have no choice. AK is only favorite slightly until you hit even then it can bust you fold big hands if you think your behind.
  • edited March 2010
    Ive had it last week or so just comming out of it now Cottlad, however im a tournament player ive came to expect bad weeks and months and hopefully cover it all in the good times, which i have been doing.

However as you stated in these hands above, alot of them seem to be outdraws. the QT one for example your drawing when the bet appears to be made and hes hit trips already, so i cant see any complaints about this one. TT v AK well sorry to say im calling with AK preflop and if i walk into a pair as long as its less than KK i have 6 outs to it. If its suited then i have a slight more outs depending. JK v 44 again yes its a cooler but it happens, its a race that you unfortunetly lost, the opposite of your TT v AK hand. Again i can see why moves are made so i will ask with the JK did you make the shove or did your opponent. KK v AK i can understand this, this is a horrible way to lose. eve worse AA losing to AK which i have seen happening. 99 v 53, was his 53 suited, this is the only justification for your opponent being in this hand should it have been raised preflop which i expect you will have done. the 55 v 78 hand. Im guessing most of the chips have went in on the flop you making the shove your opponent calling. In tyhis instance he has two overcards to the board (not to know you have trips) which is 6 outs, then on top of that he has an up and down straight draw which grants another 8 outs, thats 14 outs. Im calling here again.

There the only real ones ive noticed. the rest i can understand, the KK to AQ is another sore one but again he has that over card and if your PP is less than Queens he has two overcards so i suspect a race was expected which unfortunetly wasnt the case but the ace came (i may be wrong).

However my advice which is the advice many have given me is take a few days break, i found on my blip the more i got outdrawn the more i went on tilt or i tightened up which isnt the best way to play poker. You may react different but if you take a couple of days break you will feel a little refreshed and hopefully back in the money.
  • edited March 2010
    I always seemed to go on a bad run towards the end of the month chasing points.  I could get through £80 -100 just trying to get an extra £20 bounus.  Was ridiculous.  I dont really do it now.
  • edited March 2010
    i played live cash first time ever other night, and my luck couldnt have been more out lol, and the standard of play was terrible, so im looking forward to when i next go and hopefully i dont run bad because i should be able to make a fortune lol
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad?:
    Ive had it last week or so just comming out of it now Cottlad, however im a tournament player ive came to expect bad weeks and months and hopefully cover it all in the good times, which i have been doing. However as you stated in these hands above, alot of them seem to be outdraws. the QT one for example your drawing when the bet appears to be made and hes hit trips already, so i cant see any complaints about this one. TT v AK well sorry to say im calling with AK preflop and if i walk into a pair as long as its less than KK i have 6 outs to it. If its suited then i have a slight more outs depending. JK v 44 again yes its a cooler but it happens, its a race that you unfortunetly lost, the opposite of your TT v AK hand. Again i can see why moves are made so i will ask with the JK did you make the shove or did your opponent. KK v AK i can understand this, this is a horrible way to lose. eve worse AA losing to AK which i have seen happening. 99 v 53, was his 53 suited, this is the only justification for your opponent being in this hand should it have been raised preflop which i expect you will have done. the 55 v 78 hand. Im guessing most of the chips have went in on the flop you making the shove your opponent calling. In tyhis instance he has two overcards to the board (not to know you have trips) which is 6 outs, then on top of that he has an up and down straight draw which grants another 8 outs, thats 14 outs. Im calling here again. There the only real ones ive noticed. the rest i can understand, the KK to AQ is another sore one but again he has that over card and if your PP is less than Queens he has two overcards so i suspect a race was expected which unfortunetly wasnt the case but the ace came (i may be wrong). However my advice which is the advice many have given me is take a few days break, i found on my blip the more i got outdrawn the more i went on tilt or i tightened up which isnt the best way to play poker. You may react different but if you take a couple of days break you will feel a little refreshed and hopefully back in the money.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Absolutely agree when you look at each hand individually none of them are massively horrific, although some of the 3bet pot hands leave me wondering at times lol.  It's the fact all these hands were back to back coolers, outdraws and suckouts.  When i says b-2-b i mean without a comparable amount of hands holding up.  I haven't done the maths but i'd guess i was 65% favourite on average when commited to the above hands yet didn't win any of them at showdown.  The hands i did win in the same time period were either non showdown hands or i was way ahead all the way.  Other than the TT v KK hand.

I know nobody enjoys bad beat stories but i see this incredible run EVERY month at some stage and am beginning to wonder if it's just me.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad? : Absolutely agree when you look at each hand individually none of them are massively horrific, although some of the 3bet pot hands leave me wondering at times lol.  It's the fact all these hands were back to back coolers, outdraws and suckouts.  When i says b-2-b i mean without a comparable amount of hands holding up.  I haven't done the maths but i'd guess i was 65% favourite on average when commited to the above hands yet didn't win any of them at showdown.  The hands i did win in the same time period were either non showdown hands or i was way ahead all the way.  Other than the TT v KK hand. I know nobody enjoys bad beat stories but i see this incredible run EVERY month at some stage and am beginning to wonder if it's just me.
    Posted by cottlad

I ran worse this month fwiw. :-p
  • edited March 2010
    I think a lot of regs have had a bad month this month after speaking to a few.. we getting crushed by Donk-a'-Longs!
  • edited March 2010

Sick run m8 - after that session last Saturday when we both ran so bad against that guy who hit runner runner constanlty, I have taken a break from nl100 - you may need a small break m8, just chill out for a couple of days or just play a few MTT's to re group, play for fun again!! You know your a great player so I know you aint going anywhere - and I don't feel comfortable giving you advice cos your the daddy at that level m8 and you will know what's best for u m8 :)

• edited March 2010
    I think a lot of regs have had a bad month this month after speaking to a few.. we getting crushed by Donk-a'-Longs!
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    hmmmm I've had my best month ever :) lol! Must be guilty as charged
  • edited March 2010
    meh i think ive been stealing everyone elses run good this month.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by ChirpyChip

If you want to run good you've got to run bad. There are alot of swings in poker that have nothing to do with skill or luck, tis just the way the game works.
  • edited March 2010
    meh i think ive been stealing everyone elses run good this month.
    Posted by offshoot

I actually know where my run good goes, i've worked it out. When I run bad CoxyLboro runs like god and when he stops playing I go back to breakeven loooooool. MBN for him!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad? : If you want to run good you've got to run bad. There are alot of swings in poker that have nothing to do with skill or luck, tis just the way the game works.
    Posted by beaneh

What about lolufold?

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad? : hmmmm I've had my best month ever :) lol! Must be guilty as charged
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Atleast some one is running Hot! O well bring on new month I say... btw Beaneh you run like god! You destroying everyone on Sky atm.... at every level lol!

You are my God
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad? : What about lolufold?
    Posted by Cowgomoo

lol jealous much?? He gets dealt the same amount and type of cards and has the same odds of hitting as us, maybe he just knows when exactly to click the buttons to get extra lucky!?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad? : Atleast some one is running Hot! O well bring on new month I say... btw Beaneh you run like god! You destroying everyone on Sky atm.... at every level lol! You are my God
    Posted by ChirpyChip

lol you should have seen the first 3 weeks of this month, roughly 50 equity in about 40 pots and I didn't win one. Kings into Aces 15 times and not win one, all for full buyins near enough all at nl100-200 :-(

I found Aces when others had kings 4 times, got it in pre and won 2 lol silly game (evens out my ar se!)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad? : lol jealous much?? He gets dealt the same amount and type of cards and has the same odds of hitting as us, maybe he just knows when exactly to click the buttons to get extra lucky!?
    Posted by beaneh
    I certainly am.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad? : lol you should have seen the first 3 weeks of this month, roughly 50 equity in about 40 pots and I didn't win one. Kings into Aces 15 times and not win one, all for full buyins near enough all at nl100-200 :-( I found Aces when others had kings 4 times, got it in pre and won 2 lol silly game (evens out my ar se!)
    Posted by beaneh

Sklansky lied to you! Report 2+2 publishing to trading standards and demand a refund...
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad? : Sklansky lied to you! Report 2+2 publishing to trading standards and demand a refund...
    Posted by BrownnDog

He just sit's there touching parrots whilst counting bags of monies, laughing at all us morons trying to live our lives with sklansky buxs. More worthless than the Deutsche mark during hyper inflation!!!

And cowgomoo jealousy is good lol. V important skill!
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by ChirpyChip
    2nd that
  • edited March 2010
    So 2day i've played about 200 hands i guess.
    I can't remember winning a pot /> 25bb's
    However i did manage:
    2 x big overpairs in 3 bet pots beaten by flopped sets
    1 x flopped straight beaten by a runner runner boat
    1 x QQ on 7QA board allin and called by AA (i even called his hand that certain was i that i was sh%fted again.)
    3bet big KK, get 2 callers, beaten by KQ who hit top pair & FD on flop (allin)
    AKss 3bet big pre, Khigh flop, obviously another set :/

Lost count of the buyins now..... I've seen some bad runs in my time but this doesn't seem in any way possible.  How can i be up against a set nearly every hand?  I could waffle here all night.....  i don't expect people to listen lol..... just allow me to vent.

If and when sky gets a d-loadable client we may get to use stats software.  I for 1 can't wait....  it should be very enlightening :)  Without stats software i can only guess i'm about 15 buyins -EV after only around 1500 hands in the last few days...... i don't even know if that's possible playing nl100 & nl200?  I guess it is :/

Off to play elsewhere for a bit......... and maybe quite a bit longer.

GLA
  • edited March 2010

Start playing 23s and give em some back ;)
  • edited March 2010
    meh. I always run bad on Sky...

I know exactly how you feel.
  • edited March 2010
    So 2day i've played about 200 hands i guess. I can't remember winning a pot /> 25bb's However i did manage: 2 x big overpairs in 3 bet pots beaten by flopped sets 1 x flopped straight beaten by a runner runner boat 1 x QQ on 7QA board allin and called by AA (i even called his hand that certain was i that i was sh%fted again.) 3bet big KK, get 2 callers, beaten by KQ who hit top pair & FD on flop (allin) AKss 3bet big pre, Khigh flop, obviously another set :/ Lost count of the buyins now..... I've seen some bad runs in my time but this doesn't seem in any way possible.  How can i be up against a set nearly every hand?  I could waffle here all night.....  i don't expect people to listen lol..... just allow me to vent. If and when sky gets a d-loadable client we may get to use stats software.  I for 1 can't wait....  it should be very enlightening :)  Without stats software i can only guess i'm about 15 buyins -EV after only around 1500 hands in the last few days...... i don't even know if that's possible playing nl100 & nl200?  I guess it is :/ Off to play elsewhere for a bit......... and maybe quite a bit longer. GLA
    Posted by cottlad
    yea i came back after getting frustrated with stupid calls and people hitting near impossible odds and come back and seemed to be fine for a week then it all changed and has gone back to how i remember it. last one i played i had JQ suited blinds were 50-100 and i min raised 100 i get 2 callers flop comes 6JQ all unsuited guy before me raises 100 i reraise 200 to see if they call to maximise pot,  player after me calls and player after reraises another 200 so they have part of the flop. Wonderfull ive got um i go all in to stop anyone hitting a st8 draw card on the turn. person after me folds and other guy calls with pocket 10s only card that can save him is a 10 and guess what river card 10!!! the guy shouldnt even be in the hand with 2 over cards and people reraising him. This about sums up the type of hands im going out with. and its been constant game after game. hit a st8 on the flop someone raises with a paired 6 and hits runner runner for a fh after i push all in. ill dont think ill be staying after i lose my bonus this month cos its just like throwing money down the toilett. I consider myself a good player but its impossible to play poker without feeling like its just all about luck.

not only that i posted the hand on this forum to get peoples reation as others do and it was moved to poker stratagy where no one goes had one stupid comment. Maybe they dont want the hands shown like this cos it seems to happen to a lot of people and there its just hidden.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Running bad? : yea i came back after getting frustrated with stupid calls and people hitting near impossible odds and come back and seemed to be fine for a week then it all changed and has gone back to how i remember it. last one i played i had JQ suited blinds were 50-100 and i min raised 100 i get 2 callers flop comes 6JQ all unsuited guy before me raises 100 i reraise 200 to see if they call to maximise pot,  player after me calls and player after reraises another 200 so they have part of the flop. Wonderfull ive got um i go all in to stop anyone hitting a st8 draw card on the turn. person after me folds and other guy calls with pocket 10s only card that can save him is a 10 and guess what river card 10!!! the guy shouldnt even be in the hand with 2 over cards and people reraising him. This about sums up the type of hands im going out with. and its been constant game after game. hit a st8 on the flop someone raises with a paired 6 and hits runner runner for a fh after i push all in. ill dont think ill be staying after i lose my bonus this month cos its just like throwing money down the toilett. I consider myself a good player but its impossible to play poker without feeling like its just all about luck. not only that i posted the hand on this forum to get peoples reation as others do and it was moved to poker stratagy where no one goes had one stupid comment. Maybe they dont want the hands shown like this cos it seems to happen to a lot of people and there its just hidden.
    Posted by Dazler

80% of the time Aces beat Kings. 20% THEY LOSE, IT JUST HURTS MORE.