You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Is this correct play

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
suesex Small blind  50.00 50.00 1425.00
jackchar05 Big blind  100.00 150.00 3595.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

Kinghenke7 Fold     
tiggy121 Fold     
K9HANDLER Fold     
The_Don90 Call  100.00 250.00 6510.00
suesex Call  50.00 300.00 1375.00
jackchar05 Check     
Flop

suesex All-in  1375.00 1675.00 0.00
jackchar05 Fold     
The_Don90 Call  1375.00 3050.00 5135.00
suesex Show

The_Don90 Show
  • A

Turn

• Q

River

• A

The_Don90 Win Straight to the 5 3050.00  8185.00
Now i dont usually play A2 but it was folded round to me. Flop straight with obviously over straights beating me so is it the correct call?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2010

I think ur gonna get some stick for this one DON! lol

Yes mate, I prefer to raise pre flop and get it in blind on blind with the stack sizes, but, yeh the flop call is correct :
    :)

Ooooops edit - it isnt blind on blind! - But doesnt change anything, I still raising from the button with an ace.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Probably fold pre, although hard to say without reads on the other players,If i was going to play it i would raise 2.5x (my standard raise size) and then fold to a shove from the small blind pre (likely to be easily dominated).

As played it is a standard call...we have the second nuts against a shortstack lol...if they had the higher straight 99% of sky poker players would slow play neway instead of shoving on the flop.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    fold or raise pre, thats what i say.

I think you should remove the open limp from your plays. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this correct play:
    Probably fold pre, although hard to say without reads on the other players,If i was going to play it i would raise 2.5x (my standard raise size) and then fold to a shove from the small blind pre (likely to be easily dominated) . As played it is a standard call...we have the second nuts against a shortstack lol...if they had the higher straight 99% of sky poker players would slow play neway instead of shoving on the flop.
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    *cough* third nuts *cough*
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this correct play : *cough* third nuts *cough*
    Posted by kirstii
    yeh i know, i realised after i posted lol...does'nt matter though as i most likely would not fold tpgk in this situation :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this correct play : yeh i know, i realised after i posted lol...does'nt matter though as i most likely would not fold tpgk in this situation :-)
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    fair shout lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    fold or raise pre, thats what i say. I think you should remove the open limp from your plays. Just my opinion.
    Posted by kirstii
    Im not 100% sure why but i often do these limps with weak aces or low connectors ora middling hand.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this correct play : Im not 100% sure why but i often do these limps with weak aces or low connectors ora middling hand.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Don't.