You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sorry but this is unreal

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  800.00 800.00 34153.75
OpponentBig blind  1600.00 2400.00 23141.25
  Your hole cards

RedT Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  4000.00 6400.00 30153.75
OpponentCall  3200.00 9600.00 19941.25
Flop

• A

The_Don90 All-in  30153.75 39753.75 0.00
OpponentAll-in  19941.25 59695.00 0.00
The_Don90 Unmatched bet  10212.50 49482.50 10212.50
The_Don90 Show

OpponentShow

Turn

• A

River

OpponentWin Full House, 6s and Aces 49482.50  49482.50

Is there anyway this call can be justified preflop. Or am i just playing TT so badly right now. Also to add this was the first hand id played in 6

Comments

• edited March 2010

Yes, a bit unlucky pre (luck & bad luck are integral to poker, we must accept that) but, if I may ask, why on earth did you jam that Flop? What hands did you think would call if you jam?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal:
    Yes, a bit unlucky pre (luck & bad luck are integral to poker, we must accept that) but, if I may ask, why on earth did you jam that Flop? What hands did you think would call if you jam?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was scared of the Ace thats why i jammed hoping to show an AK or AQ and hoping a rag would be folded
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : I was scared of the Ace thats why i jammed hoping to show an AK or AQ and hoping a rag would be folded
    Posted by The_Don90

Not sure I understand that one Don. It's an expensive way to find out!

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : I was scared of the Ace thats why i jammed hoping to show an AK or AQ and hoping a rag would be folded
    Posted by The_Don90
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but that doesn't make any sense to me. You could've bet a lot less & still got your answer. Pre flop you did nothing wrong but as Tikay said, you're only gonna be called by an ace or a 6 there.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : Not sure I understand that one Don. It's an expensive way to find out!
    Posted by Tikay10
    to be honest i was hoping for him to fold
  • edited March 2010
    The thing is though Don, he's never folding there with either an ace or 6 in his hand. I still think you would've got your answer with a bet of ~5k
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : to be honest i was hoping for him to fold
    Posted by The_Don90
    Clearly.

When I was working - proper working - my Chairman - a wonderful man, the wisest & cleverest man I have ever met - told me, if ever I said "I hope" in answer to a question, "hope is for churches".
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by Tikay10
    bryan and i agree with you tikay.if we had those pok tens and flop came 66a we would put a feeler bet in ,not allin,then we would promptly fold if the opponent showed any strength.yes the original call was bad,but some players will call with anything.the sooner people accept this theory ,the less heartache theyll get down the line.We are also puzzled bryan and i that so many players who get dealt aa believe they have god given rights to win the pot ,no matter what,it just isnt the case.Bryan and i were once deal aa v  ak,we were 16/1 to get beat by big slick,flop, 10 j q, we just laugfhed and said to each other in unison,"thats poker"and carried on regardless.we would like other players on here to stop blaming other players for "bad play" and indeed look at their own game ,as we believe two wrongs dont make a right or summet.Farewell wizard of odds ,as we like to call you
  • edited March 2010
    If it's the first hand you play in 6 hands then your opponent may put you on Ax Kx therefore his call is a gamble, if no picture cards appear then he can take if off you, as it stands he hit the flop massive. The opponent has position you therefore in that situation with 10 10 im pumping it more pre flop because as it stands the opponent is getting 2 to 1 odds on his money to call - make it more expensive for the opponent so that he doesn't get the odds to call.

As for the flop shove - you can find out if your opponent likes the flop or not by a standard 1/2 or 3/4 pot bet, if he has any part of the flop he will either call or shove himself and your stack won't have taken that much of a beating as it has done because you shoved.

You are very unlucky in this hand and as I say in my opinion if opponents like this keep calling pre flop with hands with 63 off then you will get the better of them more often than not. Keep at it m8 :)
  • edited March 2010
    Donnnnnnn its not all or nothing fella, if you think you are better than this guy, play him!!!

Play down the streets, keep the pots smallish, then explode when the time is right and take him down.

With inferior players, the more you play them, the more likely your skill edge is to shine through. Keep pots under control, apply pressure when ness, grind him down till he gives up and gives into you.

You had 34k, 28 big blinds before, and 6 big blinds after. What happened inbetween? You let a guy who likes to commit with 6-3 off suit pre flop - destroy you! 

Why?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : Clearly. When I was working - proper working - my Chairman - a wonderful man, the wisest & cleverest man I have ever met - told me, if ever I said "I hope" in answer to a question, "hope is for churches".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well i was never a realigious man, but hey your former chirman has a very good point Tikay

If it's the first hand you play in 6 hands then your opponent may put you on Ax Kx therefore his call is a gamble, if no picture cards appear then he can take if off you, as it stands he hit the flop massive. The opponent has position you therefore in that situation with 10 10 im pumping it more pre flop because as it stands the opponent is getting 2 to 1 odds on his money to call - make it more expensive for the opponent so that he doesn't get the odds to call. As for the flop shove - you can find out if your opponent likes the flop or not by a standard 1/2 or 3/4 pot bet, if he has any part of the flop he will either call or shove himself and your stack won't have taken that much of a beating as it has done because you shoved. You are very unlucky in this hand and as I say in my opinion if opponents like this keep calling pre flop with hands with 63 off then you will get the better of them more often than not. Keep at it m8 :)
    Posted by dylan12

Thanks Dylan makes me feel a little better. Think i may take the rest of the night away from poker cool off a little bit and be refreshed tomorrow. Ive added notes on the player so im just hoping to god i dont have to share a table with him again.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : Well i was never a realigious man, but hey your former chirman has a very good point Tikay In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : Thanks Dylan makes me feel a little better. Think i may take the rest of the night away from poker cool off a little bit and be refreshed tomorrow. Ive added notes on the player so im just hoping to god i dont have to share a table with him again.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Does it go straight in one and out the other? lol
  • edited March 2010

Good man, Don.

I think, in general, we need to forget how bad others may or may not play, & just look at our own game. We can't control kamikaze pre-flop Calls, & so best to concentrate on how we deal with them, & get paid when they miss - which, mostly, they do.

We can't have our cake & eat it, & really, we want these Calls, & they Profit they give us 4 times in 5. The odd setback is the price we pay, & whats more, keeps the 6-3 guys in the game. Which is a good thing for you, I hope. Whoops......

• edited March 2010
    Good man, Don. I think, in general, we need to forget how bad others may or may not play, & just look at our own game. We can't control kamikaze pre-flop Calls, & so best to concentrate on how we deal with them, & get paid when they miss - which, mostly, they do. We can't have our cake & eat it, & really, we want these Calls, & they Profit they give us 4 times in 5. The odd setback is the price we pay, & whats more, keeps the 6-3 guys in the game. Which is a good thing for you, I hope . Whoops......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yea i agree Tikay. So i think its best if i just sit on my xbox tonight or take the dog on a very very long walk (preferably alot further than normal) and just completely forget about poker and return playing my same game tomorrow. I think alot of you have said Preflop i done nothing wrong, the shove was a litttle strong, but well we can only learn from mistakes. Thanks all guys lifted me up a little bit and Tikays post about church has put me back into that smiling mood.
  • edited March 2010
    personally don, with 10-10, I really dont want to see the flop here, so I would have raised like 8k pre flop
  • edited March 2010

You said that you was scared of the rag ace thats why you jammed on the flop hoping for him to fold, well to be honest if the guy was callin you pre-flop with a rag ace and hits the ace on the flop, do you really think he is good enough to put it down?? no he aint so that makes no sense to me! your pre-flop play was fine and you were unlucky that he called your raise with 6-3 and hit but what you did on the flop was just horrible especially as you say you thought he had a rag ace!! but we all do crazy things sometimes, only about 20 mins I blew a complete buy in on NL100 with Jack high! learnin from our mistakes is the most important thing, and hopefully you can see now after all the replys what you did wrong is this hand and correct it for next time!

• edited March 2010
    HE CALLED BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE CAN STACK YOU IF HE HITS BIG... ITS NOT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND, POKER IS NOT OVER PREFLOP.
  • edited March 2010
    HE CALLED BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE CAN STACK YOU IF HE HITS BIG... ITS NOT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND, POKER IS NOT OVER PREFLOP.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    yawn
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : yawn
    Posted by pryce6
    if your tired, go to sleep.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by The_Don90

You were scared of the ace so you put all your chips in???? Bit extreme.
  • edited March 2010
    i put a posted with an outragous call by someone on this section of the forum and it was moved to poker holdem stratagie which has had 1 response because people come here instead. should this not be there too in that case?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : stfu
    Posted by BlackFish3
    see nothing changes
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but this is unreal : stfu
    Posted by BlackFish3
    YOU ARE SO RUDE HOPE U GET REPORTED AGAIN!!!
  • edited March 2010
    AHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA
  • edited March 2010
    blinds are so high was he was in the big blind you could push or raise to steal at this point. So any 2 cards are good. He wasnt really playing what he had but was trying to appear he had better. He just got lucky on the flop and couldnt believe his luck. Even if he didnt hit im sure he woulda pushed all in if you didnt to get you off the hand and him back in the game.