You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sharkscope pro's

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

I know some of you are good with this software so was wondering if you could help me.

1) sharkscope is in $ but skypoker is in £.  Is it changed by sharkscope or does $100 mean £100 ?

2) is there a way i can see my results month by month?  I wanna see just how much i have lost his month so i can work out how much i have won from cash games, because cash games are great to me atm and but tournies are treating me as if i killed my own parents!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Hi Mr White

When you go on to S/S, if you go into preferences you can change the currency shown to $, £ or €. Also, when you do a search on yourself (or for anyone else I think too) if you go into advanced search you can narrow it down to even the last few hours if you want, as well as what type of games as well (with the exception of cash).

I very rarely use scope these days simply because as it doesn't include cash games it's really not wholly accurate.
  • edited March 2010
    cheers for that

have it set for £ now, cant work out how to do this month only, im not a subscribor though, maybe you have to be
  • edited March 2010

On the subject, can someone (merenovice) please explain to me how they calculate ROI on tournys, and why it fluctuates so much? I checked last week and it was 100% - 2 days ago it was 41%, Ive just checked, and its 97% 

Ive read an explanation before but didn't understand. Maybe use examples?

I play 99 £5 tournys and dont cash in any. I then play my 100th and cash for £1000. What is my ROI?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: sharkscope pro's:
    On the subject, can someone (merenovice) please explain to me how they calculate ROI on tournys, and why it fluctuates so much? I checked last week and it was 100% - 2 days ago it was 41%, Ive just checked, and its 97%  Ive read an explanation before but didn't understand. Maybe use examples? I play 99 £5 tournys and dont cash in any. I then play my 100th and cash for £1000. What is my ROI?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I think it works something like this;

100 x £5 = £500 invested

profit (£1000 won - £500 staked) = £500

ROI (profit /stake x100) =100%

So your ROI in the circumstances above is 100%.

Sharkscope is probably more complicated though because it uses average ROI across many different tournament types. It bring up odd numbers, ie some players show an overall loss, but have a positive average ROI.
  • edited March 2010
    cheers for that have it set for £ now, cant work out how to do this month only, im not a subscribor though, maybe you have to be
    Posted by MrWh1te
     think you need to be a subscriber for this ,

if you want the info ,

i will throw it up here for you or

pm it too you ,

i have friend pending in your profile just click ,

if you want me too pm it .

over and info out rover ?
  • edited March 2010
    that would be great if u could send it over please, either pm or here, whatever is easiest.

cheers mate :D
  • edited March 2010
    that would be great if u could send it over please, either pm or here, whatever is easiest. cheers mate :D
    Posted by MrWh1te
     ok just sent you that info in a pm !

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: sharkscope pro's : I think it works something like this; 100 x £5 = £500 invested profit (£1000 won - £500 staked) = £500 ROI (profit /stake x100) =100% So your ROI in the circumstances above is 100%. Sharkscope is probably more complicated though because it uses average ROI across many different tournament types. It bring up odd numbers, ie some players show an overall loss, but have a positive average ROI.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

I'm not a Sharkscope subscriber but I believe that this is correct.
    What is important to note is that the ROI% is the average of your percentage returns and not your total return expressed as a pecentage of your total outlay. This makes it a pretty worthless figure to me but some people must like it or else it wouldn't be there.

I hope that I'm not infringing copyright or forum rules by reproducing the following from the Sharkscope FAQs:

"Average ROI is the average Return On Investment. It is calculated as the average of each ((payout-(stake+rake))*100)/(stake+rake). So it will be -100% for a player that loses every game, and about 309% for a player that wins every 9 handed game. It could of course be a lot higher if, for example the player won every 180 player game they played in. It is a measure of ability independent of stake.

Another way to look at it is as an ITM% (In The Money percentage) weighted to the actual payouts relative to the stake.

It should be noted that this figure is the average of the ROIs which is different from total ROI which is the ROI of the averages. Total ROI is not shown in the table as it simply duplicates the information already displayed by the average stake and total profit fields, however it can be viewed in the players Misc. data section if you wish to view it."
  • edited March 2010
    oh u have! nice one! :)