You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek footy betting

edited April 2010 in The Shed
A couple of games tonight & I've decided to go with a handicapped double.

Man City (-1) to beat Wigan (H) @ EVENS
Newcastle (-1) to beat Forest (H) @ 2/1

The double returns 5/1 so definitely some value there.

City have to start winning games now if they want to nick 4th spot. Despite suffering their first home defeat of the season to Everton last midweek, City are strong at the CoM stadium. They've won 9 of their 14 there averaging just over 2 goals per game scored. Wigan have lost 10 of their 15 away from the DW so far conceding 39 goals.

Newcastle are yet to lose at St James' this season winning 14 & drawing 4 of their 18 played there. They've got goals in them too scoring 40 so far & have only conceded a miserly 8 goals. Only West Brom have scored more than once at St James in a 2-2 draw back in January. Forest have been abysmal away from the City Ground of late. They've lost their last 6 on the bounce on their travels. If this was being played at the City Ground I probably wouldn't touch this game but at St James it looks a good call.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    fuller is a legend
    fuller is god
    fuller is messi
    sorry jay just had to get that in.rrrrriiiiicccccciiiiii
  • edited March 2010
    I hope you took my advice last week & lumped a load on your boys to win on Saturday? I would've but hate betting against us.

Now we just need your boys to do us a favour & turn over Hull as well
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting:
    fuller is a legend fuller is god fuller is messi sorry jay just had to get that in. rrrrriiiiicccccciiiiii
    Posted by stokefc
    Of course he is. He's an ex- Preston player. Preston have to sell everyone good to survive.
  • edited March 2010
    little acca for any1 it pays abot 13 to 1
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueMan. City v Wigan Match Result 29/03/2010 20:00Man. City @ 1.36
    FootballChampions LeagueInter Milan v CSKA Moscow Match Result 31/03/2010 19:45Inter Milan @ 1.36 Extra Time Does Not Count.
    FootballScottish Premier LeagueSt. Johnstone v Rangers Match Result 30/03/2010 19:45Rangers @ 1.36
    FootballScottish Division 2Peterhead v Clyde Match Result 30/03/2010 19:45Peterhead @ 1.67
    FootballScottish Division 3Berwick v Livingston Match Result 30/03/2010 19:45Livingston @ 1.61
    FootballBlue Sq ConferenceLuton v Salisbury Match Result 30/03/2010 19:45Luton @ 1.40
    FootballSouthern League Premier DivisionFarnborough v Banbury Match Result 31/03/2010 19:45Farnborough @ 1.40
  • edited March 2010
    Top tip on the handicap double silentbob..At half time i was getting worried lol but then booom money in the bag nice1..
  • edited March 2010
    a little fun bet which pays just under 20.1 for the treble
    FootballChampions LeagueLyon v Bordeaux Match Result 30/03/2010 19:45Bordeaux @ 3.50 Extra Time Does Not Count.
    FootballChampions LeagueArsenal v Barcelona Match Result 31/03/2010 19:45Barcelona @ 2.37 Extra Time Does Not Count.
    FootballChampions LeagueBayern Munich v Man. Utd Match Result 30/03/2010 19:45Man. Utd @ 2.37 Extra Time Does Not Count.
  • edited March 2010

The late late show JAY! TOP ,MAN !!
  • edited March 2010
    Well done silentbob.

I had £30 double on newcastle/man city at 13/10 so made £40.66p profit.

Will post £5 acca on tomorrows and wednesdays games later. 

Be lucky
  • edited March 2010
    Well done bob-jay.
    I was watching one game on TV + the other on my laptop on sky player,and when Tevez got his first 2 +newcy got their second straight after each other-I thought of your bet. I didn't do it but it looks like moonooo has had a bit of it.Isn't it just lovely when people take money off the bookies.

I think you gave the wigan keeper a b ung
  • edited March 2010
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

A nice little win there, now on to tonight's games. I'm going for 2 longer shots tonight.

Acca 1:

Lyon to beat Bordeaux (H) @ 11/10
    Man Utd to beat Bayern (A) @ 11/8
    Watford to beat Palace (H) @ 6/5
    Barnsley (+1) to beat Plymouth (A) @ 1/2

These 4 are returning 15/1.

Lyon are strong at home & whilst they're not having the best of times on the domestic front this season, they should be strong enough to see off Bordeaux (who, by their own admission are surprised they've even made it this far). United are in good form & won't be fazed by a trip to Germany. Munich have a few injury problems at the moment & are gonna be missing some big players, particularly Bastien Schweinsteiger (definitely out) & Arjen Robben (huge doubt).

Watford got a good result at home to Boro on Saturday & will be looking to put some space between themselves & Palace who currently occupy the last relegation spot. Palace have only won 1 of their last 6 away from Selhurst & it looks as though the effects of administration are starting to catch up with them. It's gonna be tight but I fancy Watford to just nick it. Barnsley are gonna be up for this game & the handicap price looks a good shout. They were 1-4 up in this fixture earlier in the season before the game was abandoned so they'll be looking to finish off the job. With the goal start at least the draw will be good news for anyone backing it.

Acca 2:

Accrington to beat Barnet (H) @ 10/11
    AFC Wimbledon to beat Wrexham (H) @ 10/11
    York to beat Grays (A) @ 4/9
    Rushden to beat Kettering (A) @ 6/4
    Luton to beat Salisbury (H) @ 2/5

These 5 are paying 17/1

Accrington have won 4 of their last 6 at home with one of those defeats coming at the hands of Rochdale who are beating most teams in the division. Barnet are poor on the road having lost 11 of their last 13 away. Wimbledon's home form is the only thing giving them hope of reaching the play offs this year. They've won 4 of their last 6 there. In contrast Wrexham only have 1 win in their last 10 on the road. Grays should pose little problem to a York side who have won 4 of their last 6 away. Grays have lost their last 6 at home & are all but relegated already. Kettering are having a poor run at home at the moment having not won there in 10 (6 defeats). Rushden are pushing for promotion & have only lost once in their last 7 away. Luton put 8 past Hayes on Saturday & whilst Salisbury are fairly decent on the road they should really be too strong for them.

Hopefully we'll have another winner tonight.
  • edited March 2010
    This goes against everything I believe in. But the odds are pretty good.

Man U + Barca both to win away tonight 9-2!

Then same + Liverpool on Thursday 13-1

• edited March 2010
    9/2does sound good,but I cant beton united in a big game I always jinx them, will post my bet a little later school run calls
  • edited March 2010
    Ok ive decided that im gonig to spank the bookies today, ive layed out £30 and expect to bring in over 1k

First and main bet is

Lyon 11/10
    Watford 6/5
    Accrington 19/20
    AFC Wimbledon Evens

Had £20 on these four homes for a £360.36 return.

Had the same 4 teams to be winning ht and ft @ the following odds

Lyon 5/2
    Watford 11/4
    Accrington 2/1
    AFC Winmbledon 9/4

Had £5 on these to win £639.84

Finally ive bet the following teams to draw tonight

Kettering 23/10
    Kidderminister 23/10
    Stevenage 5/2

Again ive had £5 for a £190.57 win

Good Luck All
  • edited March 2010
    I assume you missed out the decimal point in the first return? If not then I'm having £20 on it too!

Saying that, it might even be worth a tenner anyway.
  • edited March 2010
    Nice looking bets tonight! lets hope for some more winners this week.
    Here is my accumulator for the week including games for the coming weekend.

This pays over 1000/1 so put a fiver on hoping to win 5k!!!!  will never happen but just tempted me! Good luck all!
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueEverton v West HamMatch Result 04/04/2010 16:00Everton @ 1/2
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipDoncaster v PlymouthMatch Result 03/04/2010 15:00Doncaster @ 4/5
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipMiddlesbro' v Crystal PalaceMatch Result 03/04/2010 15:00Middlesbro' @ 4/6
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Millwall v BrentfordMatch Result 02/04/2010 19:45Millwall @ 8/15
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Burton Albion v DarlingtonMatch Result 03/04/2010 15:00Burton Albion @ 8/13
    FootballSpainAthletic Bilbao v SantanderMatch Result 29/03/2010 20:00Athletic Bilbao (Win) @ 10/11
    FootballGermanyKaiserslautern v 1860 MunichMatch Result 29/03/2010 19:15Kaiserslautern (Win) @ 4/7
    FootballBarclays Premier LeagueMan. City v WiganMatch Result 29/03/2010 20:00Man. City (Win) @ 4/11
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipNewcastle v Nottm. ForestMatch Result 29/03/2010 19:45Newcastle (Win) @ 7/10
    FootballChampions LeagueArsenal v BarcelonaMatch Result 31/03/2010 19:45Barcelona @ 11/8 Extra Time Does Not Count.
    FootballChampions LeagueBayern Munich v Man. UtdMatch Result 30/03/2010 19:45Man. Utd @ 11/8 Extra Time Does Not Count.
    FootballScottish Division 2Peterhead v ClydeMatch Result 30/03/2010 19:45Peterhead @ 4/6
    FootballBlue Sq ConferenceLuton v SalisburyMatch Result 30/03/2010 19:45Luton @ 2/5
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting:
    I assume you missed out the decimal point in the first return? If not then I'm having £20 on it too! Saying that, it might even be worth a tenner anyway.
    Posted by silentbob
    lol yes,sry edited it now
  • edited March 2010
    I'm just doing a double on 2 home wins tonight.
    Accrington+Lyon    Pays just over 3/1.
    Good luck all.
  • edited March 2010
             post messed up try again... 
  • edited March 2010
            Bayern Munchen
    Lyon Bordo - Draw
    Liverpool - Draw
    Arsenal 

Gone with who I want to win rather than who I think will win - the 2 draws r just coz European first legs r often stalemates. 

96/1 - gl all
  • edited March 2010
    ive no idea why its doing that, but looks like im down already, im praying Rooney can keep this up throughout the world cup
  • edited March 2010
    Hard for me to feel bad about my losing bet when Man U lose. Might bet on them more often.
  • edited March 2010
    Hello guys and good luck for everyone having a bet tonight.
    My accumulator today is

Hibernian
    Forest Green
    Barcelona
    Inter
    Cruzerio

Bit of a long shot at 29/1 but I've stuck ten quid on!
  • edited April 2010
    Just had a double tonight on Hamburg+Southampton.
    Fulham are much to short and they were awful @Hull.but I hope they win because theyre english.
  • edited April 2010
    Some tough games to call tonight
    Put an accumulator on 5 games

Southampton
    Hamburg
    Valencia
    Liverpool
    Fulham

29/1  good luck everyone