You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Heartily sick of the "rigged site" meme

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
I've played on most of the big poker sites in my time, and wherever you go, you get players moaning on about how the game is rigged. The big poker sites are making money hand over fist, and I really cannot see them endangering that by being caught cheating. It would be losing their license to print money.

I know there was that one site that had a cheating problem, and I think they served as a good example of what happens when this is discovered.

You are rarely that far ahead in poker. Even if the guy you are against only has a 1 outer with one card to come, this will still hit about 2% of the time. It's not like we're talking 14 million to 1 odds here. Bad beats happen. Try to remember the ones you have handed out as well as the ones you have taken. I made a huge mistake in a tournament last night and handed out an awful beat. I was actually embarrassed to have the chips. I will try to remember that the next time my AA goes down to 77 or whatever.

Finally, get some real life games in. You will see the same amazing rivers with a real deck of cards. One example I had the other night

I had AQ i was all in against 99

flop helped no-one, Q on the turn, 9 on the river.

It happens because it's part of the game!

That is all, I will stop preaching now ;)