You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky's taking the PEE

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
i like the new structure, plus if this tourny hits the ground running and regularly gets maximum players then im sure will look at putting similar tournies on such as what you have said, i like this tourny, and i believe it will max out every month. i look forward to playing against the best of the best

Comments

• edited March 2010
    So the general public, including me ask for a better structured MTT with a bigger buyin and they take it to the extreme. From a £30+3 to a £200+20 with a cap at 50 runners. Is this a Joke? Plus most other sites dont charge the same percentage of rake for bigger MTT's.

The point I think your missing Sky, is its about playing an MTT that isnt a craps shoot. One where skill comes into play more than luck. It means one that everyone can be involved in, not just the high rollers.

Hurst made a good point about the new £200+20 MTT being a best of the best which i agree on 100%, but it doesn't give everyone a chance to play a well structured MTT.

Why cant we just have 3 new MTTs all running fortnightly with a good structure, satelites to gain entry and no cap on entries.

A High rollers £200 +15 MTT
    A Medium rollers £100+9 MTT
    A Low rollers £50+5 MTT

10,000 starting chips
    20 min blinds and antes introduced.

Blind structure
    1 25/50
    2 50/100
    3 75/150
    4 100/200
    5 150/300
    6 200/400
    7 250/500
    8 300/600 +25
    9 400/800 +50
    10 500/1000 +75
    11 600/1200 +100 etc

Ohh and if its a no PLEASE share with us the reason behind your thinking. Thanks
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky's taking the PEE:
    i like the new structure, plus if this tourny hits the ground running and regularly gets maximum players then im sure will look at putting similar tournies on such as what you have said, i like this tourny, and i believe it will max out every month. i look forward to playing against the best of the best
    Posted by hurst05

Yeah i agree with your statement about playing the best of the best but wouldnt you agree that its abit unfair to the majority on people on this site. i notice that on the other thread most people said it would be good to watch. wouldnt it be better to run both so high rollers and the rest of the people on this site get to play a well structured MTT?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky's taking the PEE:
    In Response to Re: Sky's taking the PEE : Yeah i agree with your statement about playing the best of the best but wouldnt you agree that its abit unfair to the majority on people on this site. i notice that on the other thread most people said it would be good to watch. wouldnt it be better to run both so high rollers and the rest of the people on this site get to play a well structured MTT?
    Posted by dub1
    The problem is that with the tournament being shown on tv the structure is always going to be quite limited due to time constraints. If you've watched much STT poker on tv it's nearly always a terribad structure aswell. 

That said maybe the qualifier satellites which don't have to be shown on tv could have the structures improved (my preference, would be longer blinds and antes added). 

As to the 8k DS, capping the blinds at level 15 (what is now 1k/2k) would be a good idea imo (adding 25/50 60/120 80/160 levels along with antes at 100/200 would be great :-0 )
  • edited March 2010
    The major problem is that compared to other sites the 'client churn' here is low.  It's growing but there just isn't the numbers to sustain these MTT's on a fortnightly basis.

I love the structure you've come up with but as of yet the software doesn't include antes.

Finally, the rake is high here but that's always been the case.  For the fees we also get a TV station with no adverts that is essentially a marketing tool so that's why I think the rake can be justified.

Let's see how this first MTT goes and see where Sky go from there.
  • edited March 2010
    I like this idea but regards to the 8k sky sports competition they have got sattelites etc so you can get in for a small price and i think they are not letting many pay the full price they are trying to introduce the 1/4 and semi.

Yes your mtt set up looks good but i do think sky are trying to please every-one which is not an easy thing to do. hope your idea gets a look though
  • edited March 2010
    there are plenty of satellites that run regular for people to qualify very few people will be buying in direct