You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Evolution of Poker

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
When I was a wee lad, Texas was simple, fold until you've got AA's to maybed AT, or ABC poker as it was known.  Now starting hands are anything, position is King. 

Having AA's at the start of say the "Open" is almost Jam It mode.

Texas has changed over the years, for the better I guess, but for sure it's harder to understand, even after 20 years of it.

Or is just me !!!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    i have been playin hold em for 4 years, and yes the game has changed in a big way.
    i think the standard of play 4 years ago at 100nl is the same at 20nl today.
    this is the reason why i wont try and become a pro player as the game is always evolving and what will it be like in another 4 years? who knows. maybe the standard will keep going up, maybe poker will be a national sport and everyone will be playing and every child will wanna grow up to be a poker pro and not a footballer, the games may get easy. only time will tell
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Evolution of Poker:
    i have been playin hold em for 4 years, and yes the game has changed in a big way. i think the standard of play 4 years ago at 100nl is the same at 20nl today. this is the reason why i wont try and become a pro player as the game is always evolving and what will it be like in another 4 years? who knows. maybe the standard will keep going up, maybe poker will be a national sport and everyone will be playing and every child will wanna grow up to be a poker pro and not a footballer, the games may get easy. only time will tell
    Posted by freechips1

omaha......