You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRYAN ORYANS POKER TIPS PART 5,"HOW TO AVOID PREMATURE ALLINS"

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat

Sorry we havnt been doin much tippin lately,Bryan and i have been concentrating on our other love,line dancing on ice.Anyways back to the poker.This premature problem Bryan and i find seems to be more common amongst the younger and less experienced men on this site,and is very rare and almost unheard of by the female species of poker player .Bryan and i remember our first allin like it was yesterday,it was like a warm feeling,then like a cold sweat came upon us as the river card was revealed,yes,we had a hot flush and took the pot down.We thought this was a good thing and decided to go allin more often.The very next hand we were dealt pocket aces.our 7th favourite hand,the flop came a 33,yes we said,lets go allin again,but strangly we found for some reason we couldnt.The intension was there ,but it was like that dream we had as kids ,when we were sitting on the railway line and the train is coming round the corner,you decide to get up but find for some reason your almost glued to the railwayline,were digressing,back to the poker.A valuable lesson was learned from that day,and now we have cut down our allins to on average once a week,we find that at our time of life just the one keeps everything oiled and shipshape.So many times the allin is used and you end up being sucked out and left lifeless and limp as bad beat after bad beat empties your stack.Bryan and i have came up with a few ideas to prevent this sometimes pleasurable and often painful experience.Yes its difficult not to go allin when your looking at a nice big set ,but try in future to look at this set of queens for example ,and imagine your motherinlaws head on the cards picking her teeth with a spent match shes just plucked out of the ashtray,this should be enough to turn the allin alloff.If these mind techniques dont do it for you,the basic sit on your hands after each round of betting is often good enough.Lastly Bryan has been in the garage most weekends working on his latest invention "Bryan Oryans Allin Delay Cream" ,this can be applied directly to your allin finger,to the mouse itself,or can be spread sparingly to the keyboard area.But note the cream should be applied 5 minutes before you enter the poker room.Cream will be available in time for summer ,as we have noticed this is a time when the allins seem to take off.We have been mulling over the name for our cream,ideas from "not so fast ,stud poker" to "limp in poker cream".If anyone out there has any suggestions we would be most grateful,so its goodnight from me and goodnight from him.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Thanks for the tips Brian Absolutely Priceless

"Limpy Fishy Creamy Cream"

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000

• edited March 2010

I agree completely and is a good tip, i never go all in unless i have the nuts or no im way ahead and it would be insane for the other player to call. unfortunately there are plenty of insane players out there when it comes to calling all ins. If you can raise instead of pushing you may last longer if you can get to the river. But even if you know your behind by that point cos some one has sucked out on you its hard to lay down trips or your st8 against say a person who has hit a flush on the river. The point made though in the above article is very good advise indeed i just wish these new or crazy players would listen to this. A raise is the way to play if you wanna last longer. dont just go all in cos you have pocket 10s as it is only 1 pair and you can be beat by all mannor of hands if you go all in and you give them 5 cards hit rather than 3 or 4 your commited once all in. If you raise you can see the flop and see where you are then fold if over cards and raises from players and save your self being knocked out by those rag As ect and can get them on onother hand. good to see an article on tips dont see many on the forums would like to see more. :)

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYANS POKER TIPS PART 5,"HOW TO AVOID PREMATURE ALLINS":
    I agree completely and is a good tip, i never go all in unless i have the nuts or no im way ahead and it would be insane for the other player to call. unfortunately there are plenty of insane players out there when it comes to calling all ins. If you can raise instead of pushing you may last longer if you can get to the river. But even if you know your behind by that point cos some one has sucked out on you its hard to lay down trips or your st8 against say a person who has hit a flush on the river. The point made though in the above article is very good advise indeed i just wish these new or crazy players would listen to this. A raise is the way to play if you wanna last longer. dont just go all in cos you have pocket 10s as it is only 1 pair and you can be beat by all mannor of hands if you go all in and you give them 5 cards hit rather than 3 or 4 your commited once all in. If you raise you can see the flop and see where you are then fold if over cards and raises from players and save your self being knocked out by those rag As ect and can get them on onother hand. good to see an article on tips dont see many on the forums would like to see more. :)
    Posted by Dazler
    weve 4 more tips by bryan ,you must have missed em,look forward to your comments on them if you find them.itll take us a week to decipher this 1 but lol,cheers him and bryan
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYANS POKER TIPS PART 5,"HOW TO AVOID PREMATURE ALLINS":
    Thanks for the tips Brian Absolutely Priceless "Limpy Fishy Creamy Cream" Keep Smiling HAL_9000
    Posted by HAL_9000
    bryans impressed m8,cheers,will put it to the board.
  • edited March 2010
    i was waiting for you to tell us how to cope with going in behind?? ;)
  • edited March 2010
    Brilliant  ..  ^$cK*&^ histerical  !! 

I just wet myself reading this, must have got over excited..

The last time I went all-in I got caught by some woman holding pockets 33's ..

I didn't think to much about it until I realised the American term for holding 33 is called ...

"The Crabs" .....................  aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

Doctor ...
  • edited March 2010
    i was waiting for you to tell us how to cope with going in behind?? ;)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    ahhha thats coming in tip 37,ull just have to wait,gl m8
  • edited March 2010
    Brilliant  ..  ^$cK*&^ histerical  !!  I just wet myself reading this, must have got over excited.. The last time I went all-in I got caught by some woman holding pockets 33's .. I didn't think to much about it until I realised the American term for holding 33 is called ... "The Crabs" .....................  aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! Doctor ...
    Posted by bennydip2
    ouch ,gl m8
  • edited March 2010
    very gud bryan more please