You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

80mil for Ronaldo!!!!

edited June 2009 in The Shed
Seriously, they guy's a great player but 80 MILLION!!! They could've brought Newcastle for only 20mil more.

No player is ever worth that amount of money & I think Utd have certainly get the better end of the deal. Assuming Fergie gets to spend it all it could be bad news for the rest of the Prem. Where do even begin to think about replacements?

Utd have proved before that they're more than capable of getting by without Ronaldo & they'll do so again. They can get 3-4 top quality players with that money

Comments

• edited June 2009

hi he is defo worth the money because he will get them £500 million over ten years so pays for himself,as a man utd fan i wont mourn him going because he was only in it for himself last season,the champions league final the perfect example.he was a fantastic player for utd but he will never be regarded in the same way as cantona,robson,best,charlton,hughes,etc

fergie found him from knowhere and he will find another just as good,and i wouldnt be surprised if he has a replacement lined up already

cheers dave