You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DID I PLAY THIS WRONG

Hi
Raised 4 times BB got all in call and a call from other player who had enough chips to lay down my re-re-raise 
Just one question, should i have just called  the call and then shoved on the flop which probably would have won it for me or did i do correct thing to try and get the other player to lay down.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Rattious Small blind  100.00 100.00 5357.50
del1966 Big blind  200.00 300.00 2385.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

XBOOTNECK Fold     
hettymar28 Call  200.00 500.00 5352.50
IAMALLIN2 Raise  800.00 1300.00 4337.50
Rattious Fold     
del1966 All-in  2385.00 3685.00 0.00
hettymar28 Call  2385.00 6070.00 2967.50
IAMALLIN2 All-in  4337.50 10407.50 0.00
hettymar28 Call  2552.50 12960.00 415.00
Flop

Turn

• A

River

• A

del1966 Show
  • Q
  • J

hettymar28 Show
  • A
  • J

IAMALLIN2 Muck
  • K
  • K

hettymar28 Win Three Aces 12960.00  13375.00

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Maybe im a bad player but  imo i would always shove with a pocket over pair to the flop, I would also have done this to maybe isolate the all in player.

Craig.
  • edited July 2009
    Del's re-raise all-in with that hand (QJs) at that point in the game is rather interesting lol, but the call from AJs is worse.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: DID I PLAY THIS WRONG:
    Del's re-raise all-in with that hand (QJs) at that point in the game is rather interesting lol, but the call from AJs is worse.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Yes Nosey
    I had a note on him that he plays lots of pots, always raises with any pair, so when he just called on the first bet i had him on rags.
    He would have still had 3k left after i pushed all in, i know i`m not making either the original call or the re-raise.
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    I WOULD HAVE PLAYED EXACLTY THE SAME KK ALWAYS SEEMS 2 GET ME IN TROUBLE IF I FLAT CALL ONCE YOUR RAISE GOT RERAISED YOU HAD 2 CALL IT YOUVE GOT THE 2ND BEST POSSIBLE HOLE CARDS AND BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER FLOP YOURE WELL AHEAD THE AJ MIGHT HAVE CALLED YOU EVEN AFTER FLOP CANT SAY WHY BUT IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME
  • edited July 2009
    Hi
    I think the original raiser, if you have notes on them, is not the one to worry about, but when that is flat called i would put them on an ace at least.
    As i see it your bet gave him 6 to 1 to call so he was never going away.
    The only other way you could have played it,was to call the reraise, although i think all the money would have gone in at some point but if an ace came on the flop you could have got away from it and still been in the game.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi I think the original raiser, if you have notes on them, is not the one to worry about, but when that is flat called i would put them on an ace at least. As i see it your bet gave him 6 to 1 to call so he was never going away. The only other way you could have played it,was to call the reraise, although i think all the money would have gone in at some point but if an ace came on the flop you could have got away from it and still been in the game.
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Thanks Both
    Mbro
    That was my point, i made the original 4xbb raise and the loose fish went all in
    When other just flat called i thought he must have a pair but not big as he would have surely shoved all in
    Could not put him on A J, i question i made was do you think if i had just flat called and with that flop then went all in he would have called?
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    IHin Response to Re: DID I PLAY THIS WRONG:
    In Response to Re: DID I PLAY THIS WRONG : Thanks Both Mbro That was my point, i made the original 4xbb raise and the loose fish went all in When other just flat called i thought he must have a pair but not big as he would have surely shoved all in Could not put him on A J, i question i made was do you think if i had just flat called and with that flop then went all in he would have called? Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Hi
    As i said, i think all the money would go in at some point and if he was going to call you all then he would surely call if you had flat called then push on the flop.(same price) 
    col
  • edited July 2009
    IHin Response to Re: DID I PLAY THIS WRONG : Hi As i said, i think all the money would go in at some point and if he was going to call you all then he would surely call if you had flat called then push on the flop.(same price)  col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Thanks Col
    last question
    Would you have called the all in with AJ in the first place?
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: DID I PLAY THIS WRONG : Thanks Col last question Would you have called the all in with AJ in the first place? Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    This is a depends answer.
    If i had been card dead then possibly.
    having not seen any of the table play then i cant answer for sure sometimes yes, mostly no, as i perfer to be the aggressor with aj.
    col
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: DID I PLAY THIS WRONG : This is a depends answer. If i had been card dead then possibly. having not seen any of the table play then i cant answer for sure sometimes yes, mostly no, as i perfer to be the aggressor with aj. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    I actually dont mind the allin from the first player.