You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TKO, THE NEXT STEP UP FROM RUSSIAN ROULETTE

Sorry to put a downer on this tournament,but Bryan and i cancelled a few things to play this well billed tournament.What a mistake we made alas.Hope the park bench appreciation society managed without us.Firstly we sat on 6 seater with 4 away,secondly the blinds rose faster Tikays heart rate when he spots Lisa.Thirdly we didnt know who was on whos side so we could take it easy on our team members.Basically the whole thing went WAYYYY too fast to even get ones poker juices flowing.We managed to get into the last 400 or so then our k 10 got shot down by k3 as per usual.Took about 30 odd minutes ,whats the big rush sky?,you want us in and out and back on proper tables asap so you can start earning off us i wonder.You wont have that problem next Tuesday night at 7.pm,were on the bench.Yes it cost nothing,we appreciate that,but so does toothache.Bryan said he was excited before the comp started,but compared it to opening a nice new shiney tin of quality streets only to find a few wrappers and half eaten toffees,gone were the purple ones with the nuts in em and the caramel cups which he adores.Bye poker lovers,"Bryan put the bins out please m8,ill do us a nice egg in a cup with toast before we watch ironside"        

Comments

• edited March 2010

lollllll I agree - I got the lobby up at half 8 to see who the chip leaders were - and it was the final table. Couldnt believe it.

I remember the first ever tko event, ended at 11-30. Surely that wud be perfect every week
  • edited March 2010
    i agree scary blind structure almost extreme for this size of tournament!!
  • edited March 2010
    yeah, i believe 5-7 min blinds are the way to go tbh, maybe even 10 min blinds.

because after 12 mins if you havn't doubled up, then you need to go all in every hand to stand a chance just about.

in under 10 mins i had about 20 bbs... so unless you really have good cards, i don't see how this shows poker ability but more how lucky some people can be, i think after maybe 18 mins there was an all in near every hand ??
  • edited March 2010
    It does get the old ticker racing though :o)

x
  • edited March 2010
    my ticker aint old yet lol.... might get a few of the tikayers hearts racing :O, but us dpers are young and energetic, we need a bit more room to maneuvre lol.

maybe that's why the tourneys over so quick, so that tikayers don't get tired... ah makes sense.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: TKO, THE NEXT STEP UP FROM RUSSIAN ROULETTE:
    my ticker aint old yet lol.... might get a few of the tikayers hearts racing :O, but us dpers are young and energetic, we need a bit more room to maneuvre lol. maybe that's why the tourneys over so quick, so that tikayers don't get tired... ah makes sense.
    Posted by Darlomike
    ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, Sorry! Were you talking??? ;o)

x
  • edited March 2010

It`s fun, fast and free..........................

• edited March 2010
    Posted by efgloser
    Flipping a coin with a friend is as well.

However , that's not what I'm looking for with Poker. I was out after 20 minutes, due to being at a table with 2 "aways" and a lack of playable cards. I took a gamble on Q8s and it did not pay off.

Regards,

Max
  • edited March 2010
    blinds far too fast, sorry, fast, free but no fun and no skill. B I N G O !!!!!!!
  • edited March 2010

It's just impossible to please poker players. As someone says, it was fun, fast, & free....

EACH of the 5 TKO Legs are different, to give variety, & "something for everyone".

The majority of players of Sky Poker prefer their poker to be fast - note how many players play the fast-structured Main Events (up to 700 per night), & how many play the £22 Deepie (up to 12 per night). These people have the same rights to enjoy TKO as anyone else, & hopefully, show a little tolerance to others when the slower TKO tourneys - freerolls - are on.

To design five different Legs of TKO that would keep all players happy ervery week is just not possible, but if we show a little tolerance to the tastes of others, it's not exactly a huge sacrifice, is it?
  • edited March 2010
    It's just impossible to please poker players. As someone says, it was fun, fast, & free.... EACH of the 5 TKO Legs are different, to give variety, & "something for everyone". The majority of players of Sky Poker prefer their poker to be fast - note how many players play the fast-structured Main Events (up to 700 per night), & how many play the £22 Deepie (up to 12 per night). These people have the same rights to enjoy TKO as anyone else, & hopefully, show a little tolerance to others when the slower TKO tourneys - freerolls - are on. To design five different Legs of TKO that would keep all players happy ervery week is just not possible, but if we show a little tolerance to the tastes of others, it's not exactly a huge sacrifice, is it?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay,that competition was VERY poor free or not free,if you took a vote on it even you would have to agree,as im sure 90% of the players would agree with Bryan and i.Ok if the other tourneys have a different structure ill let my disappointment go .I dont agree with most players here like it FAST,i think they play these games which are slow compared to yesterdays joke,because the deepstacks are WAY too slow.Its all about balance.How you had time to do live blogs and play in the tko ill never know.We would appreciate it if you would write back and let us know what next week tourney is being billed as,kind regards,Bryan Oryan
  • edited March 2010
    In reply to Tikay this was suppost to be a holdem tournament.There are 5 legs holdem,plo,roulette,split table,extreme.Roultte and extreme fast luck of the draw games so where is the variety if you turn a holdem tournament into a scary tournament?????????????????
  • edited March 2010
    Hello

Firstly i would like to thank sky for putting these tko events on for us but last night was very disappointing.

Blinds should have been at least 5 minutes, every other normal freeroll is and as we have two fast blind events listed why turn this into a shove fest as well.

If i had known this was the structure i would'nt have changed my plans to play in it, shoving all in with any picture card after 20 minutes is'nt my idea of a decent game of poker.

achill  
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by efgloser
    Have the dots replaced the end of your sentence"and extremely cr**".
  • edited March 2010

Tikay,

As you know I love the TKO events and especially don't like putting a dampener on them. They are free, they are fun and the team spirit part of the event is what makes it for me.

However I think Sky are slightly concerned that the event has become too popular and players are playing the TKO's and wanting there team to win. I feel Sky has now structured the tournies to get people out of TKO quickly and onto the cash tables. It doesn't affect me as I am so into TKO, sad i know, that I am too busy looking for fellow TKer's to rail rather than play other games.

With last nights blinds being so quick and the structure of the future tournies Sky has made a lottery of a lottery. If I wanted to play the lottery I would go elsewhere.

I don't want my favourite game , a Deepstack lasting 7 or 8 houirs but surely one slowish game in the TKO can be  accomodated. 

• edited March 2010
    If I was sky I wouldnt run another tko after all the moaning last night.

It wasnt my cup of tea, my table took forever to load, everyhand on my tbl was all in, and I took a bad beat when my KQ got beat by KJ but im still thankfull to sky for giving us these torunys, that bring great banter to the forum.

Gareth

p.s. I know im just getting accused of licking bu tt.
  • edited March 2010
    I have to admit to being suprised at the blind structure of the first game, I honestly thought it was advertised at being a 5 minute structure, but as its a free game I am not going to complain at the change.  As for there being players "away" at the start of the game (there were 4 on my starting table, going up to 5 at one stage) I simply took advantage of them and stole their chips by min raising every hand to build me a decent stack to play with.  If they choose not to play for whatever reason its their loss and my gain. 

There are some of the TKO games that I dont like, Omaha for example, but that wont stop me playing them because its free and its FUN. 

Last nght I managed to last into the money, only the second time in a TKO game and I have played in all of them lol, but my plan was to play until knocked out and then rail my team until the end, which is exactly what I did and will do again for the remaining games, apart from the last one which I will miss due to being on holiday. 

• edited March 2010
    If I was sky I wouldnt run another tko after all the moaning last night. It wasnt my cup of tea, my table took forever to load, everyhand on my tbl was all in, and I took a bad beat when my KQ got beat by KJ but im still thankfull to sky for giving us these torunys, that bring great banter to the forum. Gareth p.s. I know im just getting accused of licking bu tt.
    Posted by 35suited
    Well put 35suited. You give them something for nothing and they still moan. Isn't that saying never look a gift horse in the mouth, somthing to do with that.
    I actually went out on a bad beat, about 150th- I had QQv89  40,000in the pot and he hit 2 pair- I wasnt worried about £2. but wanted to help TKs mob.I just look at it like its much better getting knocked out of a freebie like that. than tomorrows bounty hunter.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by efgloser
    So is having a tommy tank ;)
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: TKO, THE NEXT STEP UP FROM RUSSIAN ROULETTE : So is having a tommy tank ;)
    Posted by kunster
    THATS NOT WHAT THE JUDGE TOLD ME
  • edited March 2010
    5 MIN OR 3 MIN BLINDS MAKE NO ODDS ANY FREEROLL ON ANY SITE WITH 1600 PLAYERS IS AN ALL IN SHOVE FEST IF YOU REGISTERED EXPECTING THE WSOP THEN YOU LIVE ON ANOUTHER PLANET.
    ALTHOUGH I DO AGREE WITH THE COMENTS ABOUT AWAYS SPOILING IT IMO IF YOU MISS 2 LEGS THIS TIME YOU SHOULD BE BLOCKED FROM ENTERING THE NEXT EVENT.
    THATS IF IT DOESNT GET WHINGED TO DEATH LIKE HALF THE GOOD THING SKY TRY TO DO ON HERE
  • edited March 2010
    tikay is right you cant please all it was short but fun for me
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: TKO, THE NEXT STEP UP FROM RUSSIAN ROULETTE : Well put 35suited. You give them something for nothing and they still moan. Isn't that saying never look a gift horse in the mouth, somthing to do with that. I actually went out on a bad beat, about 150th- I had QQv89  40,000in the pot and he hit 2 pair- I wasnt worried about £2. but wanted to help TKs mob.I just look at it like its much better getting knocked out of a freebie like that. than tomorrows bounty hunter.
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Listen here Tortusoo7,the freeroles you defend are not free,you like others fail to see this.They are paid for by all of us who play on this site ,by way of rake deducted from our pots.Sky like all other sites sweeten us up with so called "freeroles" to keep us happy.Dont say they dont have to do these freeroles because they do, in order to compete with all the other sites.Do you think Tikay and the boys go round with a collection bucket for the freeroles,get a grip young man.Now where have you put our 2 for voucher for the cinema Bryan?
  • edited March 2010
    it was good fun but i didnt know what team i was on i think it was tikays,but i wouldnt go all in on it,fast and furious game,but it needs to be with 1700,but a wee bit slower would be nice,i got to 943,and i was watchin hollyoaks and stripping a bike down,so maybe it was my fault it seemed so fast lol
  • edited March 2010
    5 MIN OR 3 MIN BLINDS MAKE NO ODDS ANY FREEROLL ON ANY SITE WITH 1600 PLAYERS IS AN ALL IN SHOVE FEST IF YOU REGISTERED EXPECTING THE WSOP THEN YOU LIVE ON ANOUTHER PLANET. ALTHOUGH I DO AGREE WITH THE COMENTS ABOUT AWAYS SPOILING IT IMO IF YOU MISS 2 LEGS THIS TIME YOU SHOULD BE BLOCKED FROM ENTERING THE NEXT EVENT. THATS IF IT DOESNT GET WHINGED TO DEATH LIKE HALF THE GOOD THING SKY TRY TO DO ON HERE
    Posted by BADBOY985
    HEY BADBOY,THIS TKO HAS BEEN DONE IN A WAY TO STOP THE SHOVE FEST I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT,BEING THAT ITS A CHALLANGE AGAINST TWO TEAMS,IF YOU TAKE TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT ,AND NOT DIVE IN OPENMOUTHED.PLEASE FORWARD BRYAN AND I A LIST OF ALL THE NICE THINGS SKY DO FOR US,IVE GOT HALF A MINUTE TO KILL.
  • edited March 2010
    it was good fun but i didnt know what team i was on i think it was tikays,but i wouldnt go all in on it,fast and furious game,but it needs to be with 1700,but a wee bit slower would be nice,i got to 943,and i was watchin hollyoaks and stripping a bike down,so maybe it was my fault it seemed so fast lol
    Posted by blade900
    You are the GOD of multitasking,we salute you.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: TKO, THE NEXT STEP UP FROM RUSSIAN ROULETTE : HEY BADBOY,THIS TKO HAS BEEN DONE IN A WAY TO STOP THE SHOVE FEST I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT,BEING THAT ITS A CHALLANGE AGAINST TWO TEAMS,IF YOU TAKE TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT ,AND NOT DIVE IN OPENMOUTHED.PLEASE FORWARD BRYAN AND I A LIST OF ALL THE NICE THINGS SKY DO FOR US,IVE GOT HALF A MINUTE TO KILL.
    Posted by bryan1960
    POSTERS FREEROLL
    ALL THE XMAS STUFF
    SOCCER SIX
    SOCCER SIX FREEROLL
    GOALS GOALS GOALS
    SKY RICHS VARIOUS COMPETIONS
    TKO1 (2K+ PRIZES)
    TKO2 (2K+ PRIZES)
    TKO3 (2K+ PRIZES)

IM SURE THERES  OTHERS IVE MISSED

AND YES AS YOU POINT OUT ITS ALL FROM THE PROFITS AND DONE TO COMPETE WITH OTHER SITES BUT IVE ENJOYED TAKING PART IN ALL THESE AND NONE OF THEM HAVE COST ME ANYTHING.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: TKO, THE NEXT STEP UP FROM RUSSIAN ROULETTE : POSTERS FREEROLL ALL THE XMAS STUFF SOCCER SIX SOCCER SIX FREEROLL GOALS GOALS GOALS SKY RICHS VARIOUS COMPETIONS TKO1 (2K+ PRIZES) TKO2 (2K+ PRIZES) TKO3 (2K+ PRIZES) IM SURE THERES  OTHERS IVE MISSED AND YES AS YOU POINT OUT ITS ALL FROM THE PROFITS AND DONE TO COMPETE WITH OTHER SITES BUT IVE ENJOYED TAKING PART IN ALL THESE AND NONE OF THEM HAVE COST ME ANYTHING.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Good 4 u badboy,thanks for the list,and so soon.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: TKO, THE NEXT STEP UP FROM RUSSIAN ROULETTE : Good 4 u badboy,thanks for the list,and so soon.
    Posted by bryan1960
    COME ON  BRYAN I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU USUAL SARCASTIC RESPONSE.

WAS WAITING WITH MY BEST LIFE OF BRYAN " APART FROM..............................
    WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US!" QOUTE
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: TKO, THE NEXT STEP UP FROM RUSSIAN ROULETTE : COME ON  BRYAN I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU USUAL SARCASTIC RESPONSE. WAS WAITING WITH MY BEST LIFE OF BRYAN " APART FROM.............................. WHAT HAVE THE ROMANS EVER DONE FOR US!" QOUTE
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Weve gotta keep you on ur toes m8,mix it up a bit,we dont want to appear 1 dimentional,easy to read etc.We love coachtrip by the way,a free holiday full of moaners and whingers,GREAT