You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The 2 most attractive, entertaining football teams in the world!!! (would be even more so if one had

edited April 2010 in The Shed
.....Been looking forward to the game tonight since the draw, 2 brilliantly attractive teams, this should be a brilliant game of football!!!

Hoping for 3 things....

No red cards

A decent referee

AN ARSENAL WIN!!!

Enjoy chaps

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Arsenal are no where near Barca. 

Yeah Arsenal can play some one touch passes around the edge of the opponents box, while they stand there and randomly wave their feet until Arsenal fizzle out for a goal kick.

But Barcelona pass the ball around from their defence, all the way up the field and score goals.

Nothing personal against the gunners, but I got them to lose this to a better team. Would be nice to be wrong and have an English team in the final though so I won't be too bothered either way.
  • edited March 2010

What a game!!!!

Barcelona, brilliant in the first half!

BUT....

Maybe, MAYYYYYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Arsenal's wonderkids have become men!!!!!! What character they showed. Proud to be an Englishman tonight!!!

I am a supporter, of all the home nations, apart from Manchester. - That place is foreign to me.

I watched the play off between Republic of Ireland and France, ad saw the French go to Ireland and play them off the park.

However the Irishmen turned it round in France, and got bummed by a be/nt ref. But they went to France and stuck it up the Frogs.

ARSENAL WILL DO THE SAME!!!! UP THE GOONERS!!!!

Btw Im a Doncaster Rovers, and a Rory Delap fan only...
  • edited March 2010
    Proud to be english dohhh??? sorry didnt see any englishmen on the pitch till wlacot came on....

I want arsenal to win but it was never a penalty or a red card, fabregas went down farrr to easyily
  • edited March 2010

Yessss roll on the 2nd leg !!!! - the whole occasion, the atmosphere, the fight, the resilience - Such an ENGLISH occasion, gr8 game to watch.

The return leg will be tight, slow, cagey tactical stuff, which is why I think Arsenal can nick it. 

Arsenal are an English football team, even if their players aren't. 

Perfect result for me last night, Rooney getting injured for 4 weeks, fantastic for England, horrible for united.

Man-Mark Fletcher on Sat and Chelsea are home and hosed :)

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The 2 most attractive, entertaining football teams in the world!!! (would be even more so if one had Delap):
    Yessss roll on the 2nd leg !!!! - the whole occasion, the atmosphere, the fight, the resilience - Such an ENGLISH occasion, gr8 game to watch. The return leg will be tight, slow, cagey tactical stuff, which is why I think Arsenal can nick it.  Arsenal are an English football team, even if their players aren't.  Perfect result for me last night, Rooney getting injured for 4 weeks, fantastic for England, horrible for united. Man-Mark Fletcher on Sat and Chelsea are home and hosed :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOLOLOL   Arsenal are very entertaining when they get whacked out of sight and played off the park by Man u and Chelsea on their own pitch.

Were they in the top two wonderful to watch teams in Europe during the nitty griitty at st Andrews.

I agree that when they are good they are good and tonights game was brill stuff to watch, but when man u, barca, real madrid, chelsea are playing at their attacking best they are just as good as watching Arsenal at their best. Only difference being that Arsenal arnt at their best as often as the others. I hope that we beat or draw against Chelsea this week but i fear the away game at Man City more. If we come second this season after winning the premiership (with a champions league trophy on the side) for the last 3 years i will just sigh and wish that one day my dream will come true and we can at last play good football like Arsenal.

Once again laughing out loud sunshine.

Peace

Airwalker.
  • edited April 2010

"we" sigh are you a real manc, or did your great grandads barber support them?

I absolutely despise Manchester United, almost as much as Germany, but still nowhere near as much as Christiano Ronaldo......

Arsenal at their best, are poetry in motion, United, "get the job done" - Hence win all the prizes!

Asa neutral, I know who I'd rather watch!!!!!!!

And just for the record, however biased I may be, Id rather watch United than Chelsea!!!! -
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The 2 most attractive, entertaining football teams in the world!!! (would be even more so if one had Delap):
    "we" sigh are you a real manc, or did your great grandads barber support them? I absolutely despise Manchester United, almost as much as Germany, but still nowhere near as much as Christiano Ronaldo...... Arsenal at their best, are poetry in motion, United, "get the job done" - Hence win all the prizes! Asa neutral, I know who I'd rather watch!!!!!!! And just for the record, however biased I may be, Id rather watch United than Chelsea!!!! -
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol....yes mate ok, fair enough, thats the only reason they win...of course..keep taking the tablets.

Not from Manchester but have supported Man u over 30 years and never any other team. Your despising of man u not only makes you not neutral, it also gives you the man u hating goggles along with scores of other people so well used to it mate same old same old same old boring things that anti man u nutters come out with again and again yawn.. Liverpool, leeds, arsenal, real madrid, barcelona and many other clubs have supporters all over the world but its man u who take the stick for it and people who arn't from there have no right to support them or have an opinion regarding them. Do you come from London Dohhhhhh, if not then are your Arsenal opinions a load o rubbish an all? This is because of City fans saying that the majority of mancs support them which is rubbish. Only people that are from Manchester would want support city anyway as they have all the outside appeal of Bella Edberg in a Subo mask.

I am sorry fella but to say that man u only get the job done thus meaning they have no flare only goes to prove that either you know nothing at all whatsoever about football or that your hatred is too much. You will only find people who hate man u who will agree with you. Glad about the Chelsea bit tho lol.

Lets agree to disagree. Although i do agree with you on how good Arsenal are when they are at their best.

At least we wern't called boring boring Man u for about twenty years and we never will be.

Airwalker.
  • edited April 2010
    UP THE POTTERS...RESPECT THATS ALL WE WANT
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The 2 most attractive, entertaining football teams in the world!!! (would be even more so if one had Delap) : lol....yes mate ok, fair enough, thats the only reason they win...of course..keep taking the tablets. Not from Manchester but have supported Man u over 30 years and never any other team. Your despising of man u not only makes you not neutral, it also gives you the man u hating goggles along with scores of other people so well used to it mate same old same old same old boring things that anti man u nutters come out with again and again yawn.. Liverpool, leeds, arsenal, real madrid, barcelona and many other clubs have supporters all over the world but its man u who take the stick for it and people who arn't from there have no right to support them or have an opinion regarding them. Do you come from London Dohhhhhh, if not then are your Arsenal opinions a load o rubbish an all? This is because of City fans saying that the majority of mancs support them which is rubbish. Only people that are from Manchester would want support city anyway as they have all the outside appeal of Bella Edberg in a Subo mask. I am sorry fella but to say that man u only get the job done thus meaning they have no flare only goes to prove that either you know nothing at all whatsoever about football or that your hatred is too much. You will only find people who hate man u who will agree with you. Glad about the Chelsea bit tho lol. Lets agree to disagree. Although i do agree with you on how good Arsenal are when they are at their best. At least we wern't called boring boring Man u for about twenty years and we never will be. Airwalker.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    Why did you "choose" to support Man U?
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The 2 most attractive, entertaining football teams in the world!!! (would be even more so if one had Delap) : Why did you "choose" to support Man U?
    Posted by Seagull158
    When i first started to be interested in football (roughly 1978 due to the brilliant world cup of that year) my two big brothers supported Leeds, who were very good at the time. I didn't want to support their team as i was a little swine to them, so i started watching match of the day etc to choose one. I watched a game involving Man u and it was brilliant and they always seemed to come off the pitch bleeding and covered in mud whereas Liverpool and Leeds always seemed to look immaculate even after a game. So oddly enough that was it. I liked Man u because even though they didn't win all the time they seemed to go against the grain and try till they dropped and were always covered in c..r.ap lol. Spent years after that watching Liverpool, Forrest, Arsenal and even Leeds winning everything so when Man u won the league for the first time since i was born it was fantastic.  Since then their success and sometimes Fergies bad attitude has made a lot of people hate them but i cant help that.

Have supported them ever since. I didn't know that Bradford City even existed but i obviously watch them from time to time and want them to do well.

I have been to old trafford many times and have been to champions league games and went to wembley to watch them. I just love them through and through and thats that really.

Not a glory supporter and as such i call them my team.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The 2 most attractive, entertaining football teams in the world!!! (would be even more so if one had Delap) : When i first started to be interested in football (roughly 1978 due to the brilliant world cup of that year) my two big brothers supported Leeds, who were very good at the time. I didn't want to support their team as i was a little swine to them, so i started watching match of the day etc to choose one. I watched a game involving Man u and it was brilliant and they always seemed to come off the pitch bleeding and covered in mud whereas Liverpool and Leeds always seemed to look immaculate even after a game. So oddly enough that was it. I liked Man u because even though they didn't win all the time they seemed to go against the grain and try till they dropped and were always covered in c..r.ap lol. Spent years after that watching Liverpool, Forrest, Arsenal and even Leeds winning everything so when Man u won the league for the first time since i was born it was fantastic.  Since then their success and sometimes Fergies bad attitude has made a lot of people hate them but i cant help that. Have supported them ever since. I didn't know that Bradford City even existed but i obviously watch them from time to time and want them to do well. I have been to old trafford many times and have been to champions league games and went to wembley to watch them. I just love them through and through and thats that really. Not a glory supporter and as such i call them my team.
    Posted by AIRWALKER
    That's an acceptable answer! Not a good one but acceptable!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The 2 most attractive, entertaining football teams in the world!!! (would be even more so if one had Delap) : That's an acceptable answer! Not a good one but acceptable!
    Posted by Seagull158
    LOL Its crazy  but its totally true. Glad its acceptable ta much.