You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TKO III - Not Amused

edited April 2010 in Sky Poker Tournaments
I have really enjoyed TKO I and II but the first event in TKO III was anything but enjoyable.

I dare say there were quite a few people sharing the experience I had, which leads me to ask the question

"Can anything be done to stop people registering for a team and then not playing the event?"

I only ask because I spent my whole tournament stuck on a table with only two other players. The other three never showed.

The only couple of times I had a "playable" hand i was only up against the "no shows."

This made it very frustrating as I register in order to play some poker and have some fun with the other players.

Would it be too difficult for Sky to allow people to register for the team they wish to join but then still have to register individually to play each leg?

I would like to know how many were in a similar position and if most people think registering for each leg would be a good idea or not.

Still looking forward to the next leg though.......C'mon Green Arrrrrrrmmmmmmyyyyyyy

Keith

Comments

• edited March 2010

this has been brought up before but nothing happened
    imo if you dont play at least 3/5 tournys in this tko you shouldn be blocked from the next one or miss 2 in a row and your kicked out the aways do really spoil it

• edited March 2010
    sorry m8 but i wish i was on a table full of no shows it would make it so much easier,take advantage and steal their blinds..
  • edited March 2010

this happens with any freerolls as people register then cant play or dont play. I agree with stoke, what is the problem you just build up your stack and perhaps have a laugh with the other player.

my problem with the tournaments are when donks play A8 as if its a great hand. Then bust my pocket kings but that might just be freeroll fever....

• edited April 2010
    Just keep in mind that the aways are usually blinded out after about 30mins so sit back relax, enjoy some banter with the one or two people who managed to log on and get stuck in when the aways get blinded out..your stack will be a lot nicer to start the tourney proper with thats for sure :o)

If it really bothers you to tilt level then deregister yourself and don't play...just follow DP around humming the tune from Father Ted, that should keep you amused ;o)

x
  • edited April 2010
    My starting table had 4 and sometimes 5 players sitting out so I took full advantage and stole chips as quickly as I could.  The only player I didnt steal from was the one who started te tournament and then got disconnected for a few minutes so I let him keep his blinds, until that is he came back and went all in with J 10 against my AK and I knocked him out at which point yet ANOTHER sit out joined the table.  By the time I got to a table with most players there I had built up a VERY nice chipstack and went on to cash.  DONT complain about "sitouts" just take their chips as fast as possible.
  • edited April 2010
    ...i believe "my lovely horse" has a better ring to it for a reel jig TRIP5.
  • edited April 2010
    I only had 1 other person present for he first 20 mins. It was like playing head up! Managed to cash a massive £2 though so shouldn't complain. Rather than being automatically registered couldn't we have have it so that although you're elligible to play in the toureys you still have to actually register yourself