You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

confessions please the best april fools joke that was played on you / or one that you have heard!

edited April 2010 in The Shed

well mine is as follows  :

a medical student is on his stag night ,

his so called mates get him unconscious drunk that night ,

take him off too the hospital ,

put on  plaster cast on his leg ,

they wake him up with smelling salts ,

tell him he has broken his leg ,

now he goes through the wedding ceremony ,

then the two week honeymoon with the broken leg  ,

and on his arrival back in the airport from his dream honeymoon ,

its the 1st of april and they tell him,

april fools the leg was never broken lol !

Comments

• edited April 2010

Did anyone see the aprils fool The Sun tried to play? I walked into the bookies this afternoon to witness someone falling for it!

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: confessions please the best april fools joke that was played on you / or one that you have heard!:
    Did anyone see the aprils fool The Sun tried to play? I walked into the bookies this afternoon to witness someone falling for it!
    Posted by SNOWY37
    explain please
  • edited April 2010
    The Sun ran a large article in the paper claiming that a chef had created flavoured paper that could be used for newspaper printing. They placed a 'lickable' square that would have a mystery taste, and challenged the readers to work out what the taste was.

I walked in to see a man licking the paper, and claiming, 'I can't figure out what the taste is'

The taste was of course.. paper, and ink.
  • edited April 2010
    also did you see the referee on the back pages on like a motorised scooter,it was bein trialed in the unibond or sumat so they could keep up with the players,got to give them there due theres gonna be some suckka gonna believe it
  • edited April 2010

the best april fools joke ive seen today is that rafa benitez is still in charge of the mighty liverpool!!!!

GET HIM OUT NOW!!!!!

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: confessions please the best april fools joke that was played on you / or one that you have heard!:
    the best april fools joke ive seen today is that rafa benitez is still in charge of the mighty liverpool!!!! GET HIM OUT NOW!!!!!
    Posted by donkeyplop
    KEEP HIM THERE LOL
  • edited April 2010
    The Sun ran a large article in the paper claiming that a chef had created flavoured paper that could be used for newspaper printing. They placed a 'lickable' square that would have a mystery taste, and challenged the readers to work out what the taste was. I walked in to see a man licking the paper, and claiming, 'I can't figure out what the taste is' The taste was of course.. paper, and ink.
    Posted by SNOWY37
    Every other story in The Sun looked like an April's fool gag.  What about the 'Extreme Fishers' who allegedly row down a river hunting fish with bows and arrows & rifles.  The story was about one of the hunters being attacked by a flying Carp.  She apparently got a nasty bite on the face.  My first impression was defo April Fool, but it was from Oregon, US so then I thought, maybe....

And then there's the couple who got married while dressed as the Flintstones...
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: confessions please the best april fools joke that was played on you / or one that you have heard! : Every other story in The Sun looked like an April's fool gag.  What about the 'Extreme Fishers' who allegedly row down a river hunting fish with bows and arrows & rifles.  The story was about one of the hunters being attacked by a flying Carp.  She apparently got a nasty bite on the face.  My first impression was defo April Fool, but it was from Oregon, US so then I thought, maybe.... And then there's the couple who got married while dressed as the Flintstones...
    Posted by TommyD
    Your spot on. I've just looked through the sun,and was going to put help I dont know whats real anymore.
    Youve got agreat gran aged 66 who has been tagged and fined a grand for selling a goldfish(big picture of a goldfish)for £1.50 to a 14 year old.You have to be 16.She's been tagged for 7 weeks 6pm-7am curfew p7.
    They've had a trial with no jury,because 2 years ago someone tried to nobble 2 jurors. they've had 2trials since, one someone got ill , and one they could'nt agree a verdict, so they decide to have no jury.p19

Theirs a picture of the PM like the invisible man.p1

The worlds hottest chilli is in grantham.but it says it was bred their, not grown??p25

Walkabout pubs are getting fake turf and they will smell of stadiums for the world cup. they'll smell of chips pies mud and grass.p43

sky sports have to sell its products cheap to its rivals BT and Virgin ? (I didn't know phones+trains were sky sports rivals)p6

Theres the happy sl*apper fish already mentioned.

Theres a picture of Londons olympic tower 377 feet, that looks like a roller coaster after having a fight with King Kong.p39 theres more.  every picture looks doctered.  after that lot you don't know whats real anymore.
    and the wheely ref is brilliant. I can't look at that paper anymore my heads scrambled.
  • edited April 2010

Tortus, Im not sure if your post is a joke or not, cause i can see how these things would seem amazingly stupid.

But..

The Gran with a tag for the goldfish, is actually true.

The no Jury, is true.

The Chili is true.

Sky Sports is true.

and the London Olympics tower, is true, lol

• edited April 2010
    the whole papers a joke and they want you to vote for the tories pmsl
  • edited April 2010
    Tortus, Im not sure if your post is a joke or not, cause i can see how these things would seem amazingly stupid. But.. The Gran with a tag for the goldfish, is actually true. The no Jury, is true. The Chili is true. Sky Sports is true. and the London Olympics tower, is true, lol
    Posted by SNOWY37
    Like I said, I dont know whats true and what isn't anymore. I know a joke was funny, Whats the difference between roast beef + pea soup?     Anyone can roast beef.
  • edited April 2010
    I had a fake poo that i placed just on the floor by the toilette and when she found it i told her it must have been my grandad as he was visiting that day. She went ape sh i~ saying he was a dirty gi t, picked it up with some toilette paper and chucked it down the loo. It wouldnt flush though cos it was made of wood or something similar, so she tried chopping it up with a big stick and had no luck. I pis#ed my self laughing and even when i told her it was a fake she didnt belive me and continued to chop away at it lol
  • edited April 2010
    Google said they have a new online web browser thats totaly in 3D with out the need for glasses