You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

being beat with pocket aces

i have just had pocket  aces the flop was ace 2 2 , full house we both went all in , he had pocket 2s  lol. any1 got any similar stories

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Haha, that's rotten! No shame losing under those circumstances though :)

• edited July 2009
    Desperatly unlucky!
  • edited July 2009
    The same happened to me on another site, me aa villian 99

I was in bb, villian was small, everybody else folded.

Villian raised to 16 dollars i re rasied to 42, he called flop a 9 k he pot bet i called turn 2( now 2 spades on the board)

he bet i  rasied all in, quick call, pot now 600 dollars. River was a *******  9.

Still hurts to this day, not because he hit his one outer or the size of the pot but fact was giving me loads of grief in

the chat box. then sat out & left

WHAT A W*****R
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: being beat with pocket aces:
    The same happened to me on another site, me aa villian 99 I was in bb, villian was small, everybody else folded. Villian raised to 16 dollars i re rasied to 42, he called flop a 9 k he pot bet i called turn 2( now 2 spades on the board) he bet i  rasied all in, quick call, pot now 600 dollars. River was a *******  9. Still hurts to this day, not because he hit his one outer or the size of the pot but fact was giving me loads of grief in the chat box. then sat out & left WHAT A W*****R
    Posted by johns0122
    horrible its quite unbelievable lol it happens i suppose.
  • edited July 2009
    Many a time!

In the open a few months ago, I get dealt AA and raise with one caller.

Flop is

A99

He pushes all in I call, he shows 99.

I actually had a bit of a tear in my eye! heh
  • edited July 2009
    It happens.

Dealt KK. Flop K44 and he pushes A.I. I think it is my birthady until he shows 44.

Oh dear !
  • edited July 2009
    I sent this one in to Sky and Mark Banin to ask how he would play it, but might still give some amusement.
    I am over it now, really, yes i am really really. 

My question is on qualifiers
    I can normally forget a bad beat quite quickly and move onto the next tournament but I played in a WSOP qualifier a week ago and cannot let it go and i would appreciate your thoughts.
    I found myself in a really good position 4th in chips with 9 left (7 qualify) 2 low stacks had about 5 big blinds.
    I intended to fold everything even aces and fall over the line, i was on the big blind and dealt 2 aces, it was folded round to the small blind and he called (he was 2nd chip leader) and as i said i did not intend to risk any chips so i just checked.
    Flop was A A 2 with 2 hearts, i had flopped quads!! i now thought i could deal some serious damage to the 2nd chip leader and assure my qualification
    After a raise and re-raise he put me all in, i put him on a flush draw with perhaps the King so i called
    He turned over the 4 5 hearts and rivered the 3 of hearts giving him a straight flush
    I hope you can see why i can`t seem to let this one go
    Should i have just folded? I keep thinking i should have checked the away button and shut down the PC
    What do you think
    Regards Gary

AS heard on TV........LOL
  • edited July 2009
    I sent this one in to Sky and Mark Banin to ask how he would play it, but might still give some amusement. I am over it now, really, yes i am really really.    My question is on qualifiers I can normally forget a bad beat quite quickly and move onto the next tournament but I played in a WSOP qualifier a week ago and cannot let it go and i would appreciate your thoughts. I found myself in a really good position 4th in chips with 9 left (7 qualify) 2 low stacks had about 5 big blinds. I intended to fold everything even aces and fall over the line, i was on the big blind and dealt 2 aces, it was folded round to the small blind and he called (he was 2nd chip leader) and as i said i did not intend to risk any chips so i just checked. Flop was A A 2 with 2 hearts, i had flopped quads!! i now thought i could deal some serious damage to the 2nd chip leader and assure my qualification After a raise and re-raise he put me all in, i put him on a flush draw with perhaps the King so i called He turned over the 4 5 hearts and rivered the 3 of hearts giving him a straight flush I hope you can see why i can`t seem to let this one go Should i have just folded? I keep thinking i should have checked the away button and shut down the PC What do you think Regards Gary AS heard on TV........LOL
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Now thats a PROPER bad beat especially in the situation and what qualifying meant - having said that I dont think ANYONE in the world could ever fold that hand once the flop came down and nor should they.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks M8

What i didn`t put down was that to get to this final stage i had got through 4 qualifiers and approx 20,000 opponents.
    So that made it slightly more painful, OK the original buy in was on $3 so did not loose much.
    LOL
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: being beat with pocket aces:
    Thanks M8 What i didn`t put down was that to get to this final stage i had got through 4 qualifiers and approx 20,000 opponents. So that made it slightly more painful, OK the original buy in was on $3 so did not loose much. LOL
    Posted by IAMALLIN2

Yeah but quad aces on that board - your hand's never going to the muck! Horrible horrible bad luck. He must have thought his flush was good and hit a bonus with the straight-flush.
    It's the stuff of James Bond!

• edited July 2009
    I sent this one in to Sky and Mark Banin to ask how he would play it, but might still give some amusement. I am over it now, really, yes i am really really.    My question is on qualifiers I can normally forget a bad beat quite quickly and move onto the next tournament but I played in a WSOP qualifier a week ago and cannot let it go and i would appreciate your thoughts. I found myself in a really good position 4th in chips with 9 left (7 qualify) 2 low stacks had about 5 big blinds. I intended to fold everything even aces and fall over the line, i was on the big blind and dealt 2 aces, it was folded round to the small blind and he called (he was 2nd chip leader) and as i said i did not intend to risk any chips so i just checked. Flop was A A 2 with 2 hearts, i had flopped quads!! i now thought i could deal some serious damage to the 2nd chip leader and assure my qualification After a raise and re-raise he put me all in, i put him on a flush draw with perhaps the King so i called He turned over the 4 5 hearts and rivered the 3 of hearts giving him a straight flush I hope you can see why i can`t seem to let this one go Should i have just folded? I keep thinking i should have checked the away button and shut down the PC What do you think Regards Gary AS heard on TV........LOL
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    omg that is bad i am 100% sure  no1 could of folded or thought u wud get beat. u were very unlucky. x
  • edited July 2009
    Would've been hard to fold AA, but no-one would ever fold four of them, surely!  Having come through 4 qualifiers and to be so close to reaching the big one, it's truly heartbreaking.  I'll never complain about a bad beat on my 30p DYMs again!!
  • edited July 2009
    It happens. Dealt KK. Flop K44 and he pushes A.I. I think it is my birthady until he shows 44. Oh dear !
    Posted by bobstheboy
    that is utterly sick
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Hi
    If you could have folded quads at that point then you would be a better player than P Hellmuth lol.
    It would be interesting to know what the other player thought you held,prob trips and was going for the flush, if however he was going for the straight flush then in my opinion hes a nutter(no offence meant).
    NOWT YOU COULD DO M8
    COL
  • edited July 2009
    probably a silly question but would you ve folded on the river having seen the 3hs knowing the straight flush might be out
  • edited August 2009
    probably a silly question but would you ve folded on the river having seen the 3hs knowing the straight flush might be out
    Posted by stokefc
    no way.
  • edited August 2009
    Aces last night in the open.

Blinds 150/300, I raise to 900.  I get reraised, I reraise all in.  Villian has tens and hits ten on flop.  Exit for Baz.  Sigh.
  • edited August 2009
    Aces last night in the open. Blinds 150/300, I raise to 900.  I get reraised, I reraise all in.  Villian has tens and hits ten on flop.  Exit for Baz.  Sigh.
    Posted by Bza3swords
    very ul
  • edited August 2009
    Yep nasty, very unlucky. With Aces I try to get all the money (chips) in as soon as possible just like you did - nowt you can do once the gods take over.
    One in five times they'll hit :-(

• edited August 2009

Lost twice with pocket aces today.  AQ made a straight and pocket Jacks hit the Jack on the flop.  Mind you I did split a pot with AK against AA as well. 

Hey ho

• edited August 2009
    Just last Sunday playing the £150 deepstack at DTD.
    I had AA in the BB.
    It was folded round to SB who called. I raised to 3.5X and he called.
    Flop was A99.
    He checked and I bet half pot, he reraised and I went all in which he called with T9.
    Obviously he hit a 9 on river.
    Happens live as well!
  • edited August 2009
    I've never lost with them.
  • edited August 2009
    I've never lost with them.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    lol you will. x
  • edited August 2009
    I remember once getting the pocket rockets just before a final table and the player to act before me raised all-in to try and steal blinds which were about 1000/2000 at the time. Anyway he had a 6 and a 3 non suited and the flop came out 6,6,3!! needless to say ive lost faith in pocket AA's since that day.
  • edited August 2009
    Hi Anjie

just noticed this post, I did ask a question in the forum about pocket aces and how often they come up. in summary of the other post my story about them

last night I was JJ on the button and the small blind had AA which beat me and then the very next hand I was AcQc and guess what he only had AA again much to my consternation, and beat me again... so guess they don't always lose.
  • edited August 2009
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    That is just so wrong lol. If that would have happened to me, given the situation, i may have just given up the game.  That must have taken some getting over