You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New player benefits

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
New players get a better cash for points system.  Is there anything to stop people just opening a new account every month under a different allias?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to New player benefits:
    New players get a better cash for points system.  Is there anything to stop people just opening a new account every month under a different allias?
    Posted by s_half9
    1) That's not correct, afaik.

2) Yes - that is improper, non-compliant, & anyone who Multi-Acounts faces having their account closed, & the cash within it frozen or confiscated. It is against ALL rules on ALL Online Poker Rooms to Multi-Account. Many players have been banned for it, & quite right too.
  • edited April 2010
    u tell them tk! lol
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: New player benefits:
    u tell them tk! lol
    Posted by agboy
    Whoops, I never intended that it came out quite so censorious!

But newbies to Online Poker don't realise how wrong Multi-Accounting is, & the contempt in which Multi-Accounters are held by poker players. 

I was certainly not suggesting the OP realised this. 
  • edited April 2010
    oh no hear comes the much visited tikay has 2 accounts thread lol
  • edited April 2010
    No, there isn't.  Not if the people are clever.

I know of a few people who have had between 5-10 accounts each on here and never been caught.  Some of the people have gone to extra lengths to make it nearly impossible to link the accounts.  Others haven't, and tbh they do make it pretty obvious who they are to the regs.

The systems put in place by Sky are not watertight.

• edited April 2010
    There are players on here with more than 1 account and a few people know about this.BUT obviously it is ridiculously hard to prove.dav
  • edited April 2010
    No, there isn't.  Not if the people are clever. I know of a few people who have had between 5-10 accounts each on here and never been caught.  Some of the people have gone to extra lengths to make it nearly impossible to link the accounts.  Others haven't, and tbh they do make it pretty obvious who they are to the regs. The systems put in place by Sky are not watertight.
    Posted by scotty77
    To be fair, it can be pretty hard to detect sometimes. But it helps when poker players do their duty, & flag up suspicious accounts.

You at Luton tonight, Ryan? If so, see you there!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: New player benefits : To be fair, it can be pretty hard to detect sometimes. But it helps when poker players do their duty, & flag up suspicious accounts. You at Luton tonight, Ryan? If so, see you there!
    Posted by Tikay10
    No wasn't planning to but might actually be tempted now as I haven't been for like 3 weeks.  Whats the tournie?

EDIT:  to be honest I'm surprised that they have gotten away with it as they hvae so many tells but w/e...in fact there are quite a few regs who i am not at all associated with that make it so obvious but i can never be bothered to report them.  maybe i am just too observent....

if i were to set up a new account i would change my game totally as would be obvious to any reg who i am in about 10 mins.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: New player benefits : No wasn't planning to but might actually be tempted now as I haven't been for like 3 weeks.  Whats the tournie?
    Posted by scotty77
    £100 Freezeout, 10,000 chips, half-decent clock, as good as it gets for a one-dayer. 7.30pm start. Ring me if you are late & want buying in, or leave a message at the desk for them to tell me.

And, as a result, should be a few tidy cash-games going too. Mo might even be there....;)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: New player benefits : £100 Freezeout, 10,000 chips, half-decent clock, as good as it gets for a one-dayer. 7.30pm start. Ring me if you are late & want buying in, or leave a message at the desk for them to tell me. And, as a result, should be a few tidy cash-games going too. Mo might even be there....;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    ok cool thanks mate.  will have a think cos will need to set off in the next 30 mins.  GL either way sir, might just make my way down for like 9ish for cash...