You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (2nd>4th)

2»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    trying for better today done a treble

£30 on celtic
               fulham
               everton
    around 18/5

gl all having a bet today
  • edited April 2010
    Welcome back Mr Egg. Good to see you here again.

For this afternoon I've gone for a small 4-way

Valencia to beat Osasuna (H) @ 4/7
    Sporting Gijon (love that name) to beat Xerez (H) @ 8/11
    Marseille to beat Lens (H) @ 1/3
    Auxerre to beat PSG (H) @ 11/10

These 4 pay 13/2

There's a few games tomorrow that really should be bankers all the way but for the 5 that immediately jump out you're only gonna get about 3/1 at best, which for 5 games isn't really worth the risk imo (one of them is bound to go wrong!). Hopefully Sky will get some handicap bets up for the lower leagues later & I'm sure I'll be able to find some value from them there. In the meantime I've managed to find a decent looking 4-way for tomorrow's games.

West Brom to beat Watford (A) @ 10/11
    Swindon to beat Tranmere (H) @ 1/2
    Northampton to beat Torquay (H) @ 8/13
    Oxford to beat Salisbury (H) @ 1/2

These 4 are paying 11/2.

For anyone wanting a dabble on our game at Everton today you could do a lot worse than the 6/5 on offer for Everton starting -1. We haven't won at Goodison since December 2005 & prior to that it was 1994 since our last win there! Also, Saha to get the first goal @ 7/2 has plenty of appeal (he loves scoring against us) or for the brave 25/1 for the hat trick (although the 9/2 on offer for a brace don't look too bad either). I would have a go on these myself but refuse to bet against us.
  • edited April 2010
    For today and 2moro i have done

Ajax
    Psv
    Marsielle
    norwich
    swindon
    southampton
    luton

pays 6/1.....

Gl all
  • edited April 2010
    For the 4th time this weekend it looks as though one team is gonna let me down today (thanks Gijon). I'm hoping that Auxerre don't win tonight now just to make me feel a bit better (currently 1-1 at the time of writing this).

Anyhow, back to tomorrows games & now that Sky have finally got some prices up I've managed to pull together a nice little handicapped acca:

Newcastle (-1) to beat Sheff Utd (H) @ 6/5
    Millwall (+1) to beat Colchester (A) @ 1/2
    Norwich (-2) to beat Stockport (H) @ 6/4
    Swindon (-1) to beat Tranmere (H) @ 5/4
    Luton (-2) to beat Grays (H) @ 5/4

These 5 are paying a big 41/1 so a small dabble is the order of the day here.

Newcastle only need a point to officially secure promotion back to the premier league & depending on Forest' result at home to Cardiff earlier in the day they might not even need that. Either way I expect them to party tomorrow night & they'll want to make it official in style I fancy. Sheff Utd have got too many injuries & have run bang out of form.
    Colchester are tough at home but with a goal start I really fancy Millwall here. Millwall won the reverse fixture 2-1 earlier in the season & I can see them coming away from this game with at least a draw which makes the goal start good. Plus Colchester have been a little shaky of late at home dropping points to Brighton & Wycombe.
    Norwich will be looking to bounce straight back from Friday nights defeat at Tranmere (I still can't explain what happened there) & a visit from the divisions basement boys is just what they need. The general price of 1/6 for a home win just ain't worth touching & they're more than capable of winning this game by 3 goals or more at home, particularly if Stockport play the same way they did at Millwall last week.
    Swindon have hit great form at just the right time. Despite being 9 points behind leaders Norwich they'll fancy their chances of putting a run together to try & nick first place. Yesterday's 0-3 win at Leeds was a MASSIVE result for them so they'll be going into this game in confident mood. Tranmere should pose little threat away from Prenton Park having won only twice away from home all season scoring only 9 goals in the process.
    Like Swindon, Luton have hit top form at just the right time. They've now won their last 7 on the bounce scoring 25 goals in the process. Included in those 7 wins was a massive 6-1 away to Ebbsfleet, 8-0 against Hayes & Yeading, 4-0 against Salisbury (both at home) & a narrow but impressive 1-0 win away to league leaders Stevenage (yesterday). They now find themselves only 2 points behind leaders Stevenage, albeit they've played a game more. Grays were officially relegated yesterday & have yet to win in 18 attempts away from home, conceding 41 goals in the process.

Be lucky peeps

Jay
  • edited April 2010
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipBlackpool v DoncasterMatch Result 05/04/2010 15:00Blackpool @ 4/5
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipSwansea v ScunthorpeMatch Result 05/04/2010 15:00Swansea @ 4/7
    FootballCoca Cola ChampionshipNewcastle v Sheff. UtdMatch Result 05/04/2010 19:45Newcastle @ 4/9
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Charlton v CarlisleMatch Result 05/04/2010 15:00Charlton @ 8/15
    FootballCoca Cola League 1Southampton v Leyton OrientMatch Result 05/04/2010 15:00Southampton @ 4/11
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Northampton v TorquayMatch Result 05/04/2010 15:00Northampton @ 4/6
    FootballCoca Cola League 2Acc. Stanley v GrimsbyMatch Result 05/04/2010 15:00Acc. Stanley @ 4/5
    FootballBlue Sq ConferenceKettering v HistonMatch Result 05/04/2010 15:00Kettering @ 8/13
    FootballBlue Sq ConferenceOxford v SalisburyMatch Result 05/04/2010 15:00Oxford @ 1/2
    FootballBlue Sq ConferenceYork v AltrinchamMatch Result 05/04/2010 15:00York @ 1/2
    Only picked this out real quick as spending the day in the pub today, goodluck with your bets fellas and happy bank holiday :)
  • edited April 2010
    Luckily my banker came in yday with ajax nd psv rescuing late wins so it means I can have a few bets today. (all accumulators)

First of all my "banker" (hopefully) - Around 5/1 so stuck on a tenner

Northampton
    Norwich
    Swindon
    Reading

Next a few games I just have a good feeling about - a long shot at 30/1 but stuck seven pound on.

Southampton
    Norwich
    Notts County
    Swindon
    Blackpool
    Palace
    Reading

Finally a very long shot - over 2000/1 and I have staked 50p

Swindon
    Southampton
    Norwich
    Charlton
    Notts County
    Northampton
    Chesterfield
    Dundee Utd
    Oxford
    Luton
    West Brom
    Newcastle
    Reading
    Blackpool
    Palace

Good luck to everyone today, and lets hope we can have a good end to the bank holiday weekend!
  • edited April 2010
    So glad my Football bet came in, also noticed AJBROWNS 30/1 shot came in too so well done mate
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (2nd>4th):
    Luckily my banker came in yday with ajax nd psv rescuing late wins so it means I can have a few bets today. (all accumulators) First of all my "banker" (hopefully) - Around 5/1 so stuck on a tenner Northampton Norwich Swindon Reading Next a few games I just have a good feeling about - a long shot at 30/1 but stuck seven pound on. Southampton Norwich Notts County Swindon Blackpool Palace Reading Finally a very long shot - over 2000/1 and I have staked 50p Swindon Southampton Norwich Charlton Notts County Northampton Chesterfield Dundee Utd Oxford Luton West Brom Newcastle Reading Blackpool Palace Good luck to everyone today, and lets hope we can have a good end to the bank holiday weekend!
    Posted by ajbrown7
    GOOD STUFF.
  • edited April 2010
    Well done to all those who managed to make a few quid this weekend. Unfortunately I've hit nothing but blanks all weekend.

Tempted to have a single on the Newcastle game tonight, probably the handicap but knowing my luck they'll be 2 up & Sheff Utd will equalise in injury time!
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks everyone! Feeling very pleased after today. Well done as well to Rhodesey nice to see some money being taken off the bookies! Unfortunately SilentBob and 35 suited just missed out, unlucky guys! Hope everyone had a good weekend and lets hope those who missed out this week can win some money next time!
  • edited April 2010
    Well done Rhodesey and aj, glad some are taking coin off the evil bookies. :-)
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks everyone! Feeling very pleased after today. Well done as well to Rhodesey nice to see some money being taken off the bookies! Unfortunately SilentBob and 35 suited just missed out, unlucky guys! Hope everyone had a good weekend and lets hope those who missed out this week can win some money next time!
    Posted by ajbrown7
    I  didnt expect mine to win,only picke dit out quickly and didnt put much on it at all, well done on getting yours up tho good to see someone winning for a change
  • edited April 2010

Had a small flutter tonight as well, cant see any of theese letting me down but bet ya tenner they do

FootballCoca Cola League 1Huddersfield v OldhamMatch Result 06/04/2010 19:45Huddersfield @ 4/7
    FootballChampions LeagueBarcelona v ArsenalMatch Result 06/04/2010 19:45Barcelona @ 4/11 Extra Time Does Not Count.
    FootballScottish Division 1Morton v InvernessMatch Result 06/04/2010 19:30Inverness @ 4/6
    FootballScottish Division 2Stirling Albion v ArbroathMatch Result 06/04/2010 19:30Stirling Albion @ 4/6
    FootballScottish Division 3Livingston v MontroseMatch Result 06/04/2010 19:45Livingston @ 2/7
    FootballSwedenIFK Gothenburg v DjurgardensMatch Result 06/04/2010 18:00IFK Gothenburg @ 2/5
    FootballSwedenMalmo v HalmstadsMatch Result 06/04/2010 18:00Malmo @ 4/9
    Pays 14/1
  • edited April 2010
    bloody sweedish league, wont be betting on that again
  • edited April 2010
    bloody sweedish league, wont be betting on that again
    Posted by 35suited
    ul mate, it's the same in every league. I've researched form and stats in all sorts of countries, even 3rd world places like Scotland, and 90% of the time my acca gets scuppered by a dead cert.

Chin up mate, we'll bash the bookies on the Golf, Grand National and boxing at the end of the week. ;-)
  • edited April 2010
    Anyone reckon it's worth doing a small double on Lyon & Bayern tomorrow night? It's paying 16/1.
  • edited April 2010
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!