You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES part4.THE PLIGHT OF THE SHORTSTACKERS.

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
A request has been put to Bryan and i to investigate the dark and hidden world of the shortstackers.Having witnessed various shortstackers being verbaly abused at the tables we thought we would go into disguise and find out for ourselves exactly ,whats going on.We,d start at the 2p 4p tables working right on up to where our moderate roll would take us.So on went our 40p min buy in ,within seconds we were faced with,"hey scouse ,u broke you old****,go steal some car radios and bring some proper money to the table".This pattern continued as we put 80p on the 4p 8p tables,with similar hate and abuse and even bullying on the bigger tables like the £1  £2 tables,where they didnt seem to want to tolerate such lowlifers as they seen us.Bryan and i lost much sleep that night,so we just sat up in bed and tried to work out why ,and where this pent up anger and hatred came from.We went to our local bookies and we put a 25p e/w bet on a horse and were smiled at and offered a free cup of tea.Minutes later we put £5 e/w on another horse and were treated the same ,with a pleasent smile,less the cup of tea bearing in mind we hadnt quite finished our first one.Lance the owner of the bookies didnt seem to have any prejudice against us in any way, on either bet.We went to our local corner shop and bought a lucky dip for the lottery,we again were greeted with a big smile,5 mins later we returned and put 10 lucky dips on,smile and off.This had to be a poker thing, we both concluded.The next day we went to see "youve got a chance with Lance" and put the question to him ,asking if it bothered him punters puttin loads on or little on,Lance told us it was all the same to him,""moneys money"! he said,"ill take it all".Why do the poker players fear the shortstack so much,surely they should be more intimidated by the large stack bully type,but it appears not to be the case.David v goliath syndrome is now a recognised mental poker illness we have found ,with no known cure in the immediate future.High blood pressure,anger,a sudden rush of rudeness followed by tourette like grunts are all symptoms of this modern and now somewhat widespreading disease of the mind.If on reading this investigation you find yourself relating to some of the above symtoms,your in luck,Bryan and i have found a solution to cure your goodselves.Pack in the poker baby,s ,its part of poker life.Till next time,kind regards Bryan and i

Comments

• edited April 2010
    short stacks are annoying

the less money people bring to the table, the less there is to win

simples

imo, if your gonna play cash it is in your best interests to load up to the max to get the most from each big winning hand. whats the point of flopping quads and then only winning a few quid from a shortstack with a boat? you want the maximum...

• edited April 2010
    I love Bryan and Bryan
  • edited April 2010
    so who's been abusing scouser's then. we are the salt of the earth!!
  • edited April 2010

Private Investigator Bryan ..your the main man ..

Love it...
    " and don't listen to  Gregg, the 'short stack' are the curse of the 'C' bet  and 'check raise' merchants.. throws them off their stride," ... 
    "I love the short stacker's, and like to  consider myself an honourable member,"  ..... "just love to  hear the screams from the big stacks  as they  'top up' !"   

Keep up  the good work Bryan ..classic  reading   :))

• edited April 2010
    these days a "second hand" car radio only gets you the 40p for that table
  • edited April 2010

I make most of my money from shortstacks as they are usually the worst players on the table, i do agree though that pro shortstackers ruin the games,but have you seen any good shortstackers on sky at 50 nl and below?......i know i haven't :-)
  • edited April 2010
    Dont see the problem bring um on ill take your 40p no risk to me what so ever they will be out for the next punter to give me money at least i wont go bust with a larger stack pushing with any 2 cards. Thins the field out aswell as a seat taken up. if i get 100 of these thats 40quid in my pocket lol
  • edited April 2010

I only do it in omaha on 25p 50p tables. Fullof big time charlies that bet big without a hand. Sat down the other day with £6, got it up to £18 in ten mins. Left table and came back 40 mins later. Sat down with £6.Again the big time charlies were calling off - its only £6. Got it up to £57 in 15 mins and promptly left. They were screaming abuse blaH blaH threats of heads up play and all sorts. LOL BEST FUN EVER. To all big time charlies abusing shortstackers...........I am in ptofit over two yrs playing...........so BITE ME!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES part4.THE PLIGHT OF THE SHORTSTACKERS.:
    A request has been put to Bryan and i to investigate the dark and hidden world of the shortstackers.Having witnessed various shortstackers being verbaly abused at the tables we thought we would go into disguise and find out for ourselves exactly ,whats going on.We,d start at the 2p 4p tables working right on up to where our moderate roll would take us.So on went our 40p min buy in ,within seconds we were faced with,"hey scouse ,u broke you old****,go steal some car radios and bring some proper money to the table".This pattern continued as we put 80p on the 4p 8p tables,with similar hate and abuse and even bullying on the bigger tables like the £1  £2 tables,where they didnt seem to want to tolerate such lowlifers as they seen us.Bryan and i lost much sleep that night,so we just sat up in bed and tried to work out why ,and where this pent up anger and hatred came from.We went to our local bookies and we put a 25p e/w bet on a horse and were smiled at and offered a free cup of tea.Minutes later we put £5 e/w on another horse and were treated the same ,with a pleasent smile,less the cup of tea bearing in mind we hadnt quite finished our first one.Lance the owner of the bookies didnt seem to have any prejudice against us in any way, on either bet.We went to our local corner shop and bought a lucky dip for the lottery,we again were greeted with a big smile,5 mins later we returned and put 10 lucky dips on,smile and off.This had to be a poker thing, we both concluded.The next day we went to see "youve got a chance with Lance" and put the question to him ,asking if it bothered him punters puttin loads on or little on,Lance told us it was all the same to him,""moneys money"! he said,"ill take it all".Why do the poker players fear the shortstack so much,surely they should be more intimidated by the large stack bully type,but it appears not to be the case.David v goliath syndrome is now a recognised mental poker illness we have found ,with no known cure in the immediate future.High blood pressure,anger,a sudden rush of rudeness followed by tourette like grunts are all symptoms of this modern and now somewhat widespreading disease of the mind.If on reading this investigation you find yourself relating to some of the above symtoms,your in luck,Bryan and i have found a solution to cure your goodselves.Pack in the poker baby,s ,its part of poker life.Till next time,kind regards Bryan and i
    Posted by bryan1960
    Great read Bryan ........ Oh! and Bryan too.
  • edited April 2010
    Excellent read Bryan`s
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: BRYAN ORYAN INVESTIGATES part4.THE PLIGHT OF THE SHORTSTACKERS.:
    I only do it in omaha on 25p 50p tables. Fullof big time charlies that bet big without a hand. Sat down the other day with £6, got it up to £18 in ten mins. Left table and came back 40 mins later. Sat down with £6.Again the big time charlies were calling off - its only £6. Got it up to £57 in 15 mins and promptly left. They were screaming abuse blaH blaH threats of heads up play and all sorts. LOL BEST FUN EVER. To all big time charlies abusing shortstackers...........I am in ptofit over two yrs playing...........so BITE ME!
    Posted by BOYDID
    Welcome to the forum BOYDID, PMSL!!!! Why don't you just say what you mean?

I think I'm going to like you being around :o)

x