You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain

edited April 2010 in Area 51
why is sky not registered by the british board of control we all know the laws of cheating and fixing can only be done by registering yourselfs from abroad ie, tax avation rigging poker comps etc employing people to play in comps on your behalf etc so again why aboad sky as most of the players on your site are british

Comments

• edited April 2010
    people don't register poker companies here, it's quite normal for them to be run from outside the country. this is normal business practice for this type of industry
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain:
    people don't register poker companies here, it's quite normal for them to be run from outside the country. this is normal business practice for this type of industry
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    so why do sky employees keep going on about 'foreign registered' sites, like in Belize, if sky is foreign registered as well, like they make out one country is more honest than others, i wonder what the president of Belize thinks of these dispersions??
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain:
    why is sky not registered by the british board of control we all know the laws of cheating and fixing can only be done by registering yourselfs from abroad ie, tax avation rigging poker comps etc employing people to play in comps on your behalf etc so again why aboad sky as most of the players on your site are british
    Posted by Tweetvamp

Houston we have got lift off !
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain:
    Posted by Tweetvamp
    lol,nice post...another thing iv been thinking about recently,normally when a 'company' has a competition,the employees  and/or family members of employees,of the 'company' wouldnt be allowed to participate in the comp. however ,here  employees of 'skypoker' are allowed to participate in 'games' and i assume are allowed to have accounts.. was wondering how legit. this is..
  • edited April 2010

I don't understand posts like the above and the numerous others in AREA 51 where this thread will no doubt end up. If you think it's not legit...... why play????. Do you also still pay to play the carnival games on blackpool prom then complain there rigged?

Fact is that if it's using Skys name then anything carried out by that company would reflect on the overall corporation. Do you think a company like sky is going to allow it's reputation to be tarnished in order to rip you off at 5p 10p tables? I think not

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain : lol,nice post...another thing iv been thinking about recently,normally when a 'company' has a competition,the employees  and/or family members of employees,of the 'company' wouldnt be allowed to participate in the comp. however ,here  employees of 'skypoker' are allowed to participate in 'games' and i assume are allowed to have accounts.. was wondering how legit. this is..
    Posted by philmenow
    i love a joke as much as the next person, but your having a laugh aint ya?? i mean how the 'f' are they gonna  have 'play the presenter' without a company employee?? lool if it was under cover ie a covert operation i would understand, but who is gonna mistake the presenter for a double agent sky poker imposter money making scam lol?/ get real folks and have a bit of class and common sense peeps, go with the flow and relax lads, luv ya all xoxox.
  • edited April 2010
    I don't understand posts like the above and the numerous others in AREA 51 where this thread will no doubt end up. If you think it's not legit...... why play????. Do you also still pay to play the carnival games on blackpool prom then complain there rigged? Fact is that if it's using Skys name then anything carried out by that company would reflect on the overall corporation. Do you think a company like sky is going to allow it's reputation to be tarnished in order to rip you off at 5p 10p tables? I think not
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    err sorry,i dont think u actually read my post..u just looked at the letters..and then gave ur opinion on another post,try reading the words this time..
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain : i love a joke as much as the next person, but your having a laugh aint ya?? i mean how the 'f' are they gonna  have 'play the presenter' without a company employee?? lool if it was under cover ie a covert operation i would understand, but who is gonna mistake the presenter for a double agent sky poker imposter money making scam lol?/ get real folks and have a bit of class and common sense peeps, go with the flow and relax lads, luv ya all xoxox.
    Posted by loonytoons
    i wasnt having a 'pop' at skypoker or any of the presenters,all very genuine,likeable people..its just ,the 'norm' is,company employees arent allowed to participate incase they happen to 'win'..totally understand the 'play the presenter'..was a 'point' not a 'pop'.
  • edited April 2010
    I don't understand posts like the above and the numerous others in AREA 51 where this thread will no doubt end up. If you think it's not legit...... why play????. Do you also still pay to play the carnival games on blackpool prom then complain there rigged? Fact is that if it's using Skys name then anything carried out by that company would reflect on the overall corporation. Do you think a company like sky is going to allow it's reputation to be tarnished in order to rip you off at 5p 10p tables? I think not
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    dont play cash
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain : err sorry,i dont think u actually read my post..u just looked at the letters..and then gave ur opinion on another post,try reading the words this time..
    Posted by philmenow
    If i was replying to your post specifically then i would of quoted it (as with this one). when i said post above i meant the OP but should of stated it to stop confusion. Your assumption is because i quote "legit" so i can see where your touchy response came from. However your post still implicates something by stating that you don't know if it's "legit".
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain : If i was replying to your post specifically then i would of quoted it (as with this one). when i said post above i meant the OP but should of stated it to stop confusion. Your assumption is because i quote "legit" so i can see where your touchy response came from. However your post still implicates something by stating that you don't know if it's "legit".
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    yes,the common denominator is the word 'legit'...and every other 'big' company that runs competitions nearly always state, that employees and/or family members shall not enter..just bcoz 'sky' allows it doesnt neccassarily make it 'legit'..so was asking the question.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain : yes,the common denominator is the word 'legit'...and every other 'big' company that runs competitions nearly always state, that employees and/or family members shall not enter..just bcoz 'sky' allows it doesnt neccassarily make it 'legit'..so was asking the question.
    Posted by philmenow
    Agreed just because sky allow it does not by virtue make it legit, however because other companies don't allow it does that somehow make it wrong? I understand your question and would reply with this -

Other companies outside of the poker sector do say emplyees are not able to enter, i do not know for a fact but would presume this is company policy and not in fact law. However in the poker sector you can look at any site and you will find employees playing

F T has a full roster of PAID pros on the table every night, as does pstars and numerous others. the only difference here is Skys USP is a TV station so the "Pros" on here are the people you see on your tv.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain : Agreed just because sky allow it does not by virtue make it legit, however because other companies don't allow it does that somehow make it wrong? I understand your question and would reply with this - Other companies outside of the poker sector do say emplyees are not able to enter, i do not know for a fact but would presume this is company policy and not in fact law. However in the poker sector you can look at any site and you will find employees playing F T has a full roster of PAID pros on the table every night, as does pstars and numerous others. the only difference here is Skys USP is a TV station so the "Pros" on here are the people you see on your tv.
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    fair point,many thanks..
  • edited April 2010
    Oh come on guys all just chill a wee bit eh? lol.I for one feel that there is nowt wrong with sky at all.BUT what i will always stand by is the RNG obviously allocates out a VAST number of potential LIVE betting hands.I am pretty sure that i am not the ONLY one to notice the amount of times that a 3 of the same suit appears on the flop OR that 3 close running cards appear on the flop.I mean you dont see too many flops like 3c 6s qd now do ya peeps? All the best and gl at the tables to all.dav
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain : fair point,many thanks..
    Posted by philmenow
    no probs, nice to end on lighter tone than we started lol
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Why is Sky Poker not registered from britain : no probs, nice to end on lighter tone than we started lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    lol,true..and off i go for a good nights sleep..night all.
  • edited April 2010
    Loads of companies are registered abroad, particularly gaming companies, I think you'll find it comes down to tax reasons. Poker Stars is registered in the Isle of Man.
  • edited April 2010
    Can i say ACESOVER8S AND PHILMENOW -  what a pleasure to see a good old fashioned disagreement without the usual mud slinging, you may not see eye to eye on this topic, but that is not the point, its the fact that you argued and discussed the subject in a pleasant adult manner and came to a mature agreement in the end that impressed me - other forum members take note ( and this is in the early hours of saturday morning lol) well done peeps.
  • edited April 2010
    Can i say ACESOVER8S AND PHILMENOW -  what a pleasure to see a good old fashioned disagreement without the usual mud slinging, you may not see eye to eye on this topic, but that is not the point, its the fact that you argued and discussed the subject in a pleasant adult manner and came to a mature agreement in the end that impressed me - other forum members take note ( and this is in the early hours of saturday morning lol) well done peeps.
    Posted by loonytoons
    good nights sleep is now over,now off to work..thanks 4 that loonytoons..gl at the tables 2day..evry1.
  • edited April 2010
    Loads of companies are registered abroad, particularly gaming companies, I think you'll find it comes down to tax reasons. Poker Stars is registered in the Isle of Man.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Cant register in USA as its still illigal so they reg over seas and get away with it as its set up is not in USA FACT