You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live by the River Die by the River

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
I am sick of all these players moaning in the chat box about bad beats on the river, we all suck out on the river somtimes and somtimes we lose on the river

Its not a bad beat all the time its just odds and math, S**T happens to all poker players, be it by the poker gods, karma or what goes around comes around

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Well i just went out of the ORFORDABLE in 7th place by the darn river card,but hey thats poker innit man.dav
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River:
    Well i just went out of the ORFORDABLE in 7th place by the darn river card,but hey thats poker innit man.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Yep thats just the way poker is somtimes, next time could be you hitting the river and going on to win the touney
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Live by the River Die by the River:
    I am sick of all these players moaning in the chat box about bad beats on the river, we all suck out on the river somtimes and somtimes we lose on the river Its not a bad beat all the time its just odds and math, S**T happens to all poker players, be it by the poker gods, karma or what goes around comes around
    Posted by KKarlos93
    true, i agree

refreshing post
  • edited April 2010

II LLove Kkarlos.

Ttrue.

• edited April 2010

its the turn card i think is fixed on here lol !
  • edited April 2010
     its the turn card i think is fixed on here lol !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    The "turn" card is fixed on all televised poker tournaments - it's written into the contracts.
    It has to give the underdog as many outs as possible on the river to keep the suspense high which makes for good television viewing.

:-)))
  • edited April 2010
    Irishrover and MereNovice dont be daft, all poker sites have to pass loads of tests to get there licence, it is compleately random, not fixed or a scam, maybe look at your own games instead of pointing the blame at the site your playing on, 

Tikay your a legend, i am sure i can beat you at omaha though
  • edited April 2010
    Irishrover and MereNovice dont be daft, all poker sites have to pass loads of tests to get there licence, it is compleately random, not fixed or a scam, maybe look at your own games instead of pointing the blame at the site your playing on,  Tikay your a legend, i am sure i can beat you at omaha though
    Posted by KKarlos93
    Karlos!!!! Have you no idea what is going on in online poker? Mere and Irish are the two most experienced online poker players I know! and if they tell me that it is the turn that is fixed then I believe em!!!

Mnd you, after watching Merenovice triumph last night, I think the flop the river and the turn is fixed lol - What a Luckbox Initt!!!! 
  • edited April 2010
    Here's me loving the river

Hand History #249199162 (20:48 08/04/2010)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Tricky88 Small blind  100.00 100.00 6325.00
    eatmyset Big blind  200.00 300.00 2090.00
      Your hole cards

__PK__ Fold     
    luvBWFC Raise  600.00 900.00 3792.50
    daveyb147 Fold     
    Tricky88 Call  500.00 1400.00 5825.00
    eatmyset Fold     
    Flop

• A
    • Q

Tricky88 Check     
    luvBWFC Bet  750.00 2150.00 3042.50
    Tricky88 Call  750.00 2900.00 5075.00
    Turn

Tricky88 Check     
    luvBWFC Check     
    River

Tricky88 Bet  1450.00 4350.00 3625.00
    luvBWFC All-in  3042.50 7392.50 0.00
    Tricky88 Call  1592.50 8985.00 2032.50
    Tricky88 Show
    • K

luvBWFC Show

luvBWFC Win Full House, 8s and 10s 8985.00  8985.00

On the bubble the same tournament, I got em all in on the flop with 2 pairs Kings & 3's (I was BB unraised, hence the K3). Flop had 2 spades on it and I got called by a player with a suited ace of spades who hit on the turn. That's just the game.
  • edited April 2010
    Irishrover and MereNovice dont be daft, all poker sites have to pass loads of tests to get there licence, it is compleately random, not fixed or a scam, maybe look at your own games instead of pointing the blame at the site your playing on,  Tikay your a legend, i am sure i can beat you at omaha though
    Posted by KKarlos93
    KKarlos, Irishrover and Merenovice are totally correct!  The poker sites supposedly have to pass loads of tests but the regulators won't publish the tests so they are meaningless!! What you don't know (until now) is that Mere and Irish are part of the "turn card conspiracy". That's why they always win. Check their Sharkscope stats for proof!
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by KKarlos93

Before this thread gets out of hand I feel that I need to point out that I, like several of the posters on this thread, was "having a laugh". There are no emoticons on this site but you should assume that when I add ":-)))" at the end of a post that it is not meant to be taken seriously.

I hope that this helps to clarify matters.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : Before this thread gets out of hand I feel that I need to point out that I, like several of the posters on this thread, was "having a laugh". There are no emoticons on this site but you should assume that when I add ":-)))" at the end of a post that it is not meant to be taken seriously. I hope that this helps to clarify matters.
    Posted by MereNovice
    You've gone and spoilt it now.
    This could have run and run.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : You've gone and spoilt it now. This could have run and run.
    Posted by Seagull158

Sorry. :-(((
  • edited April 2010
    Fair enough guys well at least that clears that up, no fixing going on here lol
  • edited April 2010
    Fair enough guys well at least that clears that up, no fixing going on here lol
    Posted by KKarlos93
    On a serious note, totally agree with your post.
  • edited April 2010
    Perhaps you have wondered how predictable machines like computers can generate randomness. In reality, most random numbers used in computer programs are pseudo-random, which means they are a generated in a predictable fashion using a mathematical formula. This is fine for many purposes, but it may not be random in the way you expect if you're used to dice rolls and lottery drawings.
    this can all be found by searching  randon number generaters in google.

+ there are 2types.
    1 puts 52 cards in order and then deals and the other selects 1 card at random when asked to, so acting 1 second later than you did will draw a different card.

also if sky reset there RNG the same cards would be dealt as when it started in the same order
  • edited April 2010
    Perhaps you have wondered how predictable machines like computers can generate randomness. In reality, most random numbers used in computer programs are pseudo-random , which means they are a generated in a predictable fashion using a mathematical formula. This is fine for many purposes, but it may not be random in the way you expect if you're used to dice rolls and lottery drawings. this can all be found by searching  randon number generaters in google. + there are 2types. 1 puts 52 cards in order and then deals and the other selects 1 card at random when asked to, so acting 1 second later than you did will draw a different card.
    Posted by dub1
    yes ive looked into this and your right very interesting mmmmwwwaaa haa haaa
  • edited April 2010
    Perhaps you have wondered how predictable machines like computers can generate randomness. In reality, most random numbers used in computer programs are pseudo-random , which means they are a generated in a predictable fashion using a mathematical formula. This is fine for many purposes, but it may not be random in the way you expect if you're used to dice rolls and lottery drawings. this can all be found by searching  randon number generaters in google. + there are 2types. 1 puts 52 cards in order and then deals and the other selects 1 card at random when asked to, so acting 1 second later than you did will draw a different card. also if sky reset there RNG the same cards would be dealt as when it started in the same order
    Posted by dub1
    I think that you'll find that most RNGs used for games like poker rely on totally unpredictable (or "random") external events.
    They are totally random and unpredictable.
    Your last statement is not based on a RNG but on a pseudo-RNG which is used for testing programs and certainly not used for games on poker sites.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : The "turn" card is fixed on all televised poker tournaments - it's written into the contracts. It has to give the underdog as many outs as possible on the river to keep the suspense high which makes for good television viewing. :-)))
    Posted by MereNovice
    Also they have to try and keep up with the fixed wrestling. lol.
  • edited April 2010
    Posted by KKarlos93

Rearrange the following words to create a popular phrase.  Line, and, hook, sinker
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : I think that you'll find that most RNGs used for games like poker rely on totally unpredictable (or "random") external events. They are totally random and unpredictable. Your last statement is not based on a RNG but on a pseudo-RNG which is used for testing programs and certainly not used for games on poker sites.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I'm asking because I really don't know. Timing doesn't come into it does it? eg. If you were last to act before the turn or river, if you called one second earlier or later surely that wouldn't alter the card?
    I know their was bandits in the 70s with changing speed fans inside, so if you pressed the start button earlier or later it supposedly altered the spin, but I'm not sure.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : I'm asking because I really don't know. Timing doesn't come into it does it? eg. If you were last to act before the turn or river, if you called one second earlier or later surely that wouldn't alter the card? I know their was bandits in the 70s with changing speed fans inside, so if you pressed the start button earlier or later it supposedly altered the spin, but I'm not sure.
    Posted by TORTUS007
    Timing might come into it - but it might be related to the clicks of the mouse by several random people from a previous hand.
    I don't know what algorithm Sky Poker uses and, as far as I am aware, they have never published it.
    However, computerised random number generator events are generally based on the timing of several random external events. They require several external events to be able to generate the necessary degree of "randomness".

• edited April 2010
    How about a rule for one week you cant moan about lucky rivers on the forum.  Moan about lucky flops and turns as much as you like but don't mention a river.  Sky team can you back me up here by deleting any posts moaning about the river.

I will start it off on behalf of my opponent in a game today who was rather rude to me after this hand.  See my new thread / post / discussion whatever you call it "THAT PESKY PESKY TURN CARD!"
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : Rearrange the following words to create a popular phrase.  Line, and, hook, sinker
    Posted by AyrGraeme
    Just realised I should be using 'and' aswell, without and all I could come up with was-
      L I O N
      S K I N
      H E R E
        O  K.     lol.
    I'll have another go.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : Just realised I should be using 'and' aswell, without and all I could come up with was-   L I O N   S K I N   H E R E     O  K.     lol. I'll have another go.
    Posted by TORTUS007

A lion deerskin honk?
    Kindle a senior honk?

Ah...

Naked senior ho link
  • edited April 2010
    Merenovice i completely agree, have you ever emailed a poker site to question how stright the deal is, i once emailed party poker a few years back and found they have to comply with the below;

iTech Labs, an independent testing agency, has tested and certified the following for our RNG:

- The raw 32-bit numbers generated by the RNG algorithm are statistically acceptable: Applying Marsaglia's ‘diehard’ suite of tests on the raw numbers revealed statistical randomness.

- The RNG algorithm and shuffling code were used to generate over 2 million shuffled decks. Chi-squared tests applied to the shuffled decks showed uniform distribution.

- Further, all poker hands are captured from the live system on a monthly basis and chi-squared tests are applied. These tests have indicated that the RNG continues to operate correctly.

- iTech Labs has also verified the RNG source code to ensure that the RNG internal state is secure and the seeding is from an entropy source

to get there licence to allow online poker most poker sites have to undergo similar tests, as in the initial post more to do with luck or variance than anything dodgy going on
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the River Die by the River : A lion deerskin honk? Kindle a senior honk? Ah... Naked senior ho link
    Posted by MereNovice
    LOL