You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is there REALLY such a thing as a poker black widow?

edited April 2010 in The Shed
can a person REALLY be a jinx to another on poker?
each time I wake up when  my hubby is playing a late night game or look at my hubbys screen when he is deep in a game, he looses a good hand to carp..OR sometimes even looses the game he been at for 8-9 hours.
PLEASE say its JUST  coincidence.....?!?!?!??!?!

lol
Now comes the NOT so small print!!!!!
PLEASE answer the poll,.......... and remember its just for fun,.... no divorces will occur when all answers are added up. and no one will be telling the other to go away your a jinx etc LOL, definitely NO ONE will use the poll in their advantage when trying to explain a lost game or tournament at the bubble either, its just to see if anyone else has a good luck charm, or a bad luck jinx near them when they play the mighty game of POKER.....

:0)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Ask Irishrover about Irishraver. She has been waiting months for a shelf to be put up. ;0)
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe your making him lose concentration somehow?
  • edited April 2010

Stay in the kitchen!!!! 

I have seen ex poachers name somewhere before, on the forum, deffo played against him - and think he was on the show once?

It's just an excuse !!! :)
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: is there REALLY such a thing as a poker black widow?:
    Posted by loonytoons
    this is what it is...for gods sake leave him alone, can't you see he's busy???
  • edited April 2010
    Stay in the kitchen!!!!  I have seen ex poachers name somewhere before, on the forum, deffo played against him - and think he was on the show once? It's just an excuse !!! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

yeah he was on the show 2x, but only 1x on a good position... He went out on the bubble ( IS THAT THE RIGHT TERMINOLOGY...LOL) but he did win a fair few heads that eve tho...... he resorted back to Pokerstars though .... well most games ae on there for him these days anyway, despite dipping his toe in the water from time to time on here....
    He is a good player and gets realle vexxed at the fools who knock him out and keep calling with 9 3 suited,... ALWAYS falls in their favor though and something happens, somewhere on the flop/river etc that makes the other player get the cards and EXPOACHER gets naff all....poor wee lamb.... plays for hours sometimes and gets beat by fools ( OK OK I KNOW THATS POKER!!!lol) But at other times, he plays a $3 game and walks away with a fairly nice bankroll... I guess itsjust the way the cookie crumbles LOL
    I WNT say that to him straight after a loosing hand when he held suc things as pocket q or A's..... lol

So coinsidence eh!? He seems to think so now, or MABE I JUST MADE him feel guilty when i said, I best go to bed now the, and showed my puppy eyes  LOL stating i was gonna go through so i didnt make him loose LOL

He is sure its coinsidence now, BUT IM NOT THAT SURE!!!!

LOL

MAYBE he used all his great luck on the day he met me??LOL

OR MAYBE I JUST like to think that pmsl

• edited April 2010
    Posted by loonytoons

Well, i do tend to chat to him about daft stuff when he is playing....but I didnt know how hard it was to play 9 games+ at one time!!!

I struggle with one table, so i guess IT COULD be a concentration thing for him!!! LOL
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: is there REALLY such a thing as a poker black widow? : this is what it is...for gods sake leave him alone, can't you see he's busy???
    Posted by beginluck

meeeooow     lol

• edited April 2010
    seems the Poker black widow issue was JUST coinsidence AFTER ALL!!!!

hubby played for a long night of poker,...some good and some not so good BUT any poker is  good poker....... ANYWAY The poker black widow was a lot of tosh...as he done good, played great and won nice....so I can now rest with easeKOING that I am NOT the reason behind any bad outcomes...its Just poker  being poker I guess.

PHEEEWWW THIS means I can come out from the kitchen now eh??

lol