You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question regarding Poker Points

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
I have a load of Poker Points in my account from before the site offered the 'Points for Cash' bonus.

If I were to use these points for the community freeroll, for instance, would they be deducted from that section of my points or would they be deducted from the points I ahve gained this month.

Basically could playing the the community FR affect my bonus coming on Augsut 2nd lol :)

Thx.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Hi Scotty,

i have passed on your query to the relevant dept. you should hopefully get a response soon. if you'd prefer to get an immediate answer please just ask one of our customer care reps by starting a live chat here

all the best!

Rich
  • edited July 2009
    i've now got the official line for you...

points for cash works on the basis of how many points you earn on Sky Poker. so freeroll away -this wont affect your bonus in anyway

Rich
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Question regarding Poker Points:
    i've now got the official line for you... points for cash works on the basis of how many points you earn on Sky Poker. so freeroll away -this wont affect your bonus in anyway Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    I always thought they came off your 'current month points' as that is where they are removed from, rather than solely the 'total points' area, and so it would affect your bonus.

Glad I found out differently.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Question regarding Poker Points:
    In Response to Re: Question regarding Poker Points : I always thought they came off your 'current month points' as that is where they are removed from, rather than solely the 'total points' area, and so it would affect your bonus. Glad I found out differently.
    Posted by michael900

Yer, i thought this too!

"When will my bonus be paid?

Your bonus amount will be paid on the 2nd business day following the calendar month end and is calculated based on the total number of poker points earned in the previous calendar month (July), as shown in the table above. You will automatically be paid the highest possible cash bonus based on the poker points you have earned, the points exchanged will also be removed from your account.
    "
    http://www.skypoker.com/pokerpoints/

• edited July 2009

Hi all,

Rich has asked me to try to clarify this up as it seems to have created quite a bit of confusion.

The cash for points work on the basis that whatever poker points you earn during the calendar month go toward the points for cash bonus. It is not based on how many points you have kept.

To try and clarify this a bit more, here are some scenarios that will (hopefully) give you a better idea of this promotion.

If you have 1000 points in your account but do not earn any points during July then no points go toward this promotion and no points are deducted from your points balance.

If you have 1000 points in your account but do not earn enough points during July then no points go toward this promotion and no points are deducted from your points balance. So if you earned 300 points then your total points should become 1300 points. 

If you have 1000 points in your account and earn 500 points during July, thus giving you a total of 1500 points then only 500 points go toward the promotion and only 500 points are deducted from your total points tally. Leaving you with 1000 points and a £5 bonus.

If you have 1000 points in your account and earn 500 points during July, thus giving you a total of 1500 points, BUT you use 500 points on freerolls, then 500 points are taken toward the promotion, 500 points are used on freerolls which ultimately leaves you with 500 points remaining in your account.

So basically your points are always deducted from your main points total. But only points earned go toward the promotion.

One final scenario. You have 1000 points and you earn 500 giving you a total of 1500 points. But you use ALL your points in freerolls leaving you with no points in your account. You then still receive your £5 bonus for earning 500 points but of course no points are deducted. We will not give you a negative points value.

I hope this clarifies it all but if you need any assistance then please contact our support team for a full explanation.

• edited July 2009
    What if you have 1000 points at the start of June, earn 6000 during that month, use 2350 on freerolls and 399 on a cheese sandwich, then get 6000 taken off for the bonus, earn a further 7846 in July using 640 on freerolls and 246 on a fresh cranberry juice - would you still have enough left for a new motor?
  • edited July 2009
    thank you solack , lol.
  • edited July 2009
    i will be waiting for skys response to that.
  • edited July 2009
    Bonus's are paid on your current month points, which never go down.
    Freeroll entry fee points are taken from your 'total' points.
    Both figures are reported seperately in your account details.

It's that simple, innit?!