You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PAYOUT STRUCTURE FOR SKY'S NEW FREEROLLS

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
OK now that Sky are (finally) putting on better daily freerolls - the only thing that I would like to see changed now is the payout structure

Currently the payouts are the same as for a normal MTT paying upto 90 places

The problem is most of these places only payout a few pence

What I think would be better is to limit the payouts to Top 20 along the lines of:-

1st 20%
2nd 15%
3rd 10%
4th 8%
5th 7%
6th 6%
7th 5.5%
8th 5%
9th 4.5%
10th 4%
11th-15th   2%
16th-20th 1%

Is this something others would prefer? cos if enough people would i'd imagine Sky would quite easily change it for us...

Comments

• edited July 2009
    lol @ option 2.  That did make me chuckle.
  • edited July 2009
    13 p will get derby a new plyer tho m8......m8 top 20 v gd idea
  • edited July 2009
    hahaha uno we only sign free's m8
    bit like qpr even with their billionaire owners lol ;)
  • edited July 2009
    ok to the  2 people who voted no - if i  give you 13p will u change ur vote?
  • edited July 2009
    wot u lol'ing miss arwen?
  • edited July 2009
    i didnt vote no but if ur giving free money........
  • edited July 2009
    if u want 13p u av 2 vote no micky
  • edited July 2009
    option 1 for me
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: PAYOUT STRUCTURE FOR SKY'S NEW FREEROLLS:
    ok to the  2 people who voted no - if i  give you 13p will u change ur vote?
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Make it 20 and u got urself a deal lol
  • edited July 2009
    I voted no! Only because Im challenging myself to run the account to £5000 without depositing, I need to build a small bankroll to start. Have played 4 £20 freerolls and cashed in 2. Gutted the community freeroll is costing poker points now. So any donations to help the bankroll will help!
  • edited July 2009
    Yea Top 20 payout would be good.

Also maybe have the freerolls as a first come first serve basis, 200 runners but with same prizepool.

Then I'd have more chance of winning :p
  • edited July 2009
    liking the first come first served option with a cap on entrants.
  • edited July 2009
    WELL WHAT A COMPLETE DISASTER YOUR NEW FREEROLL FRIDAY STRUCTURE WAS BOYS AND GIRLS AT SKY POKER....YOU DIDNT EVEN GET 100 PLAYERS ON EITHER OF THEM......THINK AGAIN GUYS....LOTS OF PLAYERS DONT REACH 50 POKER POINTS......THIS SITE IS GETTING WORSE
  • edited July 2009

Cannot vote as not all the options are there
    I have played in the freerolls and went DEEP in a few, when i say DEEP i mean DEEP, 3 cashes out of 4 not finished outside top 18 and my reward

£1.12.18p..22p WHOO HOO (GINSTERS)

Just going to have a look at sharkscope, must be doing well on there
    Might be able to get sponsored

LOL

PS
    Sharkscope says i am super hot, checked and my webcam is off
    They must mean my poker huh
    LOL

Gary
    PPS might do a blog

• edited July 2009
    I didn't know that 1 of the freerolls didnt fill up, I'd of played and won it myself if I was online.

I've only got 60 poker points left and no money in my bank, bad times :( lol
  • edited July 2009
    WELL WHAT A COMPLETE DISASTER YOUR NEW FREEROLL FRIDAY STRUCTURE WAS BOYS AND GIRLS AT SKY POKER....YOU DIDNT EVEN GET 100 PLAYERS ON EITHER OF THEM......THINK AGAIN GUYS....LOTS OF PLAYERS DONT REACH 50 POKER POINTS......THIS SITE IS GETTING WORSE
    Posted by ade20
    lol dont b silly, lots of players have more than 10000 poker points
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by ade20
    What are you talking about?

That was the very first one that had approx 100 runners.

The rest have been around the 800 mark.
  • edited July 2009
    hey guys,

i passed this on to our poker guys and here is their response...

"We’d like to thank Diablo_pez for his suggestion in revising the freeroll payout structure to only pay the Top 20. We’ve considered the idea, however in the interest of fairness to all players at all levels, we will be retaining the current standard MTT payout structure. There are many players to whom £0.60 is a worthy prize as it translates to 2 free sit & go’s.

Thank you again for your suggestion"

• edited July 2009
    Posted by ade20
    I have to agree, I for one am never going to be able to have a bankroll, or the luck to be able to regularly atain 50 points, I was usualy able to accrue enough points to be ableto play 5 freerolls in 1 day later in the month with some success I.E 1 third 2 fifths and 2 cashes, I am now only going to be able to play 1 freeroll yipee.

Sorry guys but this needs to be thought about again to take into account those of us who struggle

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: PAYOUT STRUCTURE FOR SKY'S NEW FREEROLLS : I have to agree, I for one am never going to be able to have a bankroll, or the luck to be able to regularly atain 50 points, I was usualy able to accrue enough points to be ableto play 5 freerolls in 1 day later in the month with some success I.E 1 third 2 fifths and 2 cashes, I am now only going to be able to play 1 freeroll yipee. Sorry guys but this needs to be thought about again to take into account those of us who struggle
    Posted by acebarry10
    Totally afree, i started playing a month ago and was very happy to know i could play 50 MTT's for free, unfortunatly when i got to my last 30 points they changed it to 50 so i had to start playing real games. But with the 47 i played i had a lot of fun and it was good experiance, now with this structure, new players will get 10 or less free games which i don't think is fair at all. I ended up getting £7.59 off my free-rolls but that would be hard for newbies with only 10 chances.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: PAYOUT STRUCTURE FOR SKY'S NEW FREEROLLS : Totally afree, i started playing a month ago and was very happy to know i could play 50 MTT's for free, unfortunatly when i got to my last 30 points they changed it to 50 so i had to start playing real games. But with the 47 i played i had a lot of fun and it was good experiance, now with this structure, new players will get 10 or less free games which i don't think is fair at all. I ended up getting £7.59 off my free-rolls but that would be hard for newbies with only 10 chances.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    people could actually deposit some money, even just a tenner - if everyone just played for free all the time there would be no Sky Poker...jeez....
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: PAYOUT STRUCTURE FOR SKY'S NEW FREEROLLS : people could actually deposit some money, even just a tenner - if everyone just played for free all the time there would be no Sky Poker...jeez....
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Sorry, but you totaly missed the point, yes some of us can only afford to put in a small amount of cash for our bankroll making it much, much harder for us to accrue 50 points to play in just 1 freeroll, Because bankroll management is so critical those freerolls helped enourmously are not looking to play free poker as you put it, we are looking to be able to afford to play in more POINT FREEROLL tournaments in order to help with our measerly bankrolls

• edited July 2009
    I am just not buying this 'people can't afford it' line.

If you are REALLY that hard up what then you should not play poker anyways. It is not your right, because you do not have the money, to join a site and then expect a load of freebies.

Live by you means, don't complain about how this isn't fair and that isn't fair.

There are the free play tables remember ( these are provided by funds generated from paying players btw ). I tried them myself and found that it wasn't too full of players playing stupid 'all-in any two' poker as you might expect.

• edited July 2009
    I am just not buying this 'people can't afford it' line. If you are REALLY that hard up what then you should not play poker anyways. It is not your right, because you do not have the money, to join a site and then expect a load of freebies. Live by you means, don't complain about how this isn't fair and that isn't fair. There are the free play tables remember ( these are provided by funds generated from paying players btw ). I tried them myself and found that it wasn't too full of players playing stupid 'all-in any two' poker as you might expect.
    Posted by michael900

Hi

Right

1 Do I tell you how to spend your money? No, so you have no right to me how to spend mine.

2 Who said I was looking for freebies? I am talking about Freeroll points and how some of us cannot earn as many as others.

3 Sky Poker themselves say this a fair site and want to look after all of their players whatever there situation.