You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tonights community freeroll

What is the password for tonights freeroll, I cant find it!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to tonights community freeroll:
    What is the password for tonights freeroll, I cant find it!
    Posted by porter1989
    Hi Porter
    you will not find it M8, they are now 250 points entry
    Won`t see me there as i`ve spent all mine boo hoo
    LOL
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: tonights community freeroll:
    u found it?
    Posted by mattdexter
    there is no password this week, you just need 250 poker points to register. good luck!
  • edited July 2009
    so not a community freeroll anymore? is this permanent or will it be a 'free' freeroll again ever?

In Response to Re: tonights community freeroll : there is no password this week, you just need 250 poker points to register. good luck!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
  • edited July 2009
    Doubt it will ever be 'free' again, ourkidsi.  This appears to be a response to those players who were concerned that they have amassed thousands of points and have nothing to spend them on and those who wanted bigger FR tournaments with better prize money albeit for a higher entry 'fee'.

The 10 point FRs have gone too, but imo this is a good thing, since playing for an hour and a half to win £1.50 seems a bit much!

Anyway, it'll be a long time before I'll be able to play in a Freeroll again as my bankroll doesn't support the big money tournaments, so I'm restricted to the low cost DYMs, BHs, etc.  Takes a long time to build up points that way! 
  • edited July 2009
    well i think it is miserley of sky poker to penilise the small time spenders  and stop the  10 point free rolls to cater for the top spend bracket players WELL DONE SKYPOKER you have shown your true colours 
  • edited July 2009
    it does seem a shame, i only joined up a couple of weeks ago with a personal challenge to build a £5k roll from nothing! The £500 freeroll for new sign ups looked like an amazing opportunity to start my bankroll until my qq ran into jj all in preflop and got outdrawn to a rivered set!!!
  • edited July 2009
    it does seem a shame, i only joined up a couple of weeks ago with a personal challenge to build a £5k roll from nothing! The £500 freeroll for new sign ups looked like an amazing opportunity to start my bankroll until my qq ran into jj all in preflop and got outdrawn to a rivered set!!!
    Posted by ourkidsi
    I think you will find that the definition of a FREEroll has changed on many poker sites, shame really as it is an excellent way of learning the game before you put your toe in the water.

Think it might be time they changed the name to say COMMUNITYroll as it cannot be descibed as FREE as you need points to enter.

As a new player they do give you free points i think but it is probably just enough to enter the once, just the one tournament where you are TRYING hard just to cash with probably no thoughts of winning, because you need what you win to use as a bankroll.
    This is sometimes refered to as scared money, this is not a good way to play as the majority of the other players in the tourney have UBER points so means nothing to them.
    They will just bully you off pots because it only means something to you.
    Good luck with your challenge, it will be very difficult but if you can find real FREE tournaments out there good luck
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: tonights community freeroll : I think you will find that the definition of a FREEroll has changed on many poker sites, shame really as it is an excellent way of learning the game before you put your toe in the water. Think it might be time they changed the name to say COMMUNITYroll as it cannot be descibed as FREE as you need points to enter. As a new player they do give you free points i think but it is probably just enough to enter the once, just the one tournament where you are TRYING hard just to cash with probably no thoughts of winning, because you need what you win to use as a bankroll. This is sometimes refered to as scared money, this is not a good way to play as the majority of the other players in the tourney have UBER points so means nothing to them. They will just bully you off pots because it only means something to you. Good luck with your challenge, it will be very difficult but if you can find real FREE tournaments out there good luck Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2

Thanks for the good luck, I got 500 poker points as a new to skypoker player. im not new to the game though I usually play on pokerstars but the smaller fields on skypoker suit my lifestyle better (shorter tourneys). Just having a little personal challenge with the freerolls, but no doubt will deposit some cash if the poker points dry up without a decent starting bankroll. It seems more real to have the money in ££ not $$. Good luck to you to.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: tonights community freeroll : Thanks for the good luck, I got 500 poker points as a new to skypoker player. im not new to the game though I usually play on pokerstars but the smaller fields on skypoker suit my lifestyle better (shorter tourneys). Just having a little personal challenge with the freerolls, but no doubt will deposit some cash if the poker points dry up without a decent starting bankroll. It seems more real to have the money in ££ not $$. Good luck to you to.
    Posted by ourkidsi
    Thanks M8
    You cannot mention other poker sites on here bud.

I usually play on P**** P**** and have done really well on there for nothing, got lucky very early when they ran a winner takes all points comp and was lucky enough to win it.

That gave me over 10k points which i am still using (made just over $6k so far from them) 4k points left
    When they have gone i will move to another site, this is a great site for the community and they do listen to your suggestions unlike all the other sites.

All the Sky staff are mad about poker and can be found most nights on tables (talk about taking your work home)
    The tele coverage especially when Tikay and Rich are on is better than some prime time shows.

This is a small site and cannot compete with the offers the big boys give who are raking millions a day, they do what they can
    I recommend the deepstack games, a lot of good players and worth the entry fee for the education alone.
    That is my experience.
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    Dude... they are basically free!!! Just deposit a fiver and play! Or learn on play money tables! I started by depositing a fiver (im only 18 so didnt have that much money), played 30p DYM... 3 months later ive made a couple of hundred and am regularly playing 5.50 DYM and soon to move up again. Surely you can find a fiver! You will rack up points in no time and can play as many free rolls as you like.