You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sit N Go success

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
I only registered about a month ago, and only played the £20 free-rolls, didn't do too bad made 3 final tables out of 47 and got £7.59 all in all still had 3 to go but they upt it too 50, typically. Now i've started playing the 30p DYM sng's as they seem good value. Well basically i've cashed in my first 10 games and now have £9.59. I was just wondering if this is actually any good and how long before I consider moving up a level?

Cheers for any advice

Comments

• edited July 2009

hi pal, you need at least 20 buyins to move up.. So when you reach £100, play the £5 sngs. Keep going tho pal, it will take some time. I started my bankroll challeneg at the end of may with £10.. I've turned that into nearly £1000 now.. Bankroll management is the key..Dont fight above your weight.. Dont play tornies you cant afford..Remeber as you go up the stakes the players should (i say should because there is some terrible players on here that just pump money to the good players) get better.

Good luck

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Sit N Go success:
    I only registered about a month ago, and only played the £20 free-rolls, didn't do too bad made 3 final tables out of 47 and got £7.59 all in all still had 3 to go but they upt it too 50, typically. Now i've started playing the 30p DYM sng's as they seem good value. Well basically i've cashed in my first 10 games and now have £9.59. I was just wondering if this is actually any good and how long before I consider moving up a level? Cheers for any advice
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    theres a few things m8 the 1st is if u lose ur 9quid r u goin 2 put anymore in? if not then ur just playin for bit ov fun stay where u r fella
  • edited July 2009
    Cheers, I have noticed that some people don't understand the concept of money, I don't mind but I often wonder why they, for example, go all-in with junk in the first 3 levels. Amazes me sometimes. Also about playing the £5 sng's i'll get a lot of practise before doing that lol.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Sit N Go success:
    In Response to Sit N Go success : theres a few things m8 the 1st is if u lose ur 9quid r u goin 2 put anymore in? if not then ur just playin for bit ov fun stay where u r fella
    Posted by mickjenn1
    Nah i'm willing to pay for sure, but I wouldn't mind progressing having never actually deposited.
  • edited July 2009
    I only registered about a month ago, and only played the £20 free-rolls, didn't do too bad made 3 final tables out of 47 and got £7.59 all in all still had 3 to go but they upt it too 50, typically. Now i've started playing the 30p DYM sng's as they seem good value. Well basically i've cashed in my first 10 games and now have £9.59. I was just wondering if this is actually any good and how long before I consider moving up a level? Cheers for any advice
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Many Congrats Sir - a mighty fine effort that.

I think I'd stay at that Level for a good while yet - as long as you are winning, why not?

The way that winning players become losing players is by moving up Levels too soon, until they reach their point of incompetence.

Good Luck, & don't be trying any fancy stuff, stick to the basics. It's a simple game, don't complicate it.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Sit N Go success : Many Congrats Sir - a mighty fine effort that. I think I'd stay at that Level for a good while yet - as long as you are winning, why not? The way that winning players become losing players is by moving up Levels too soon, until they reach their point of incompetence. Good Luck, & don't be trying any fancy stuff, stick to the basics. It's a simple game, don't complicate it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers, good advice I will definitly heed it.
  • edited July 2009
    I started my bankroll challeneg at the end of may with £10.. I've turned that into nearly £1000 now.. Bankroll management is the key..
    Posted by essexpoker

That's really good, I'd love to hear your 'story'.

My £50 (from Mar 14th) is currently £165 - but only from playing DYM SnG tournies (no cash or MTT). My BR rules only allow me access to the 0.02/0.04 cash tables (by in 100xBB for 5% of BR).

It's quite a grind on the SnG's so £1,000 is incredible.

• edited July 2009

Thanks..To be fair, when i did deposit the tenna i had been playing on here for ages but never actually created a bankroll. The first £10 i spun up to £70 on a cash table then decided to bankroll it, so i'd say my bankroll actually started at around £70. From then i have won a few of the gaurenteed tornies - (£250, £600 BH) and a few seconds and thirds along the way.. The last two weeks my bankroll has gone up from strength to strength.. I've brought into the 0.5/1 games with £40 and few times and on each occasion left with £100 plus.. I also play the heads up sit and go's alot.. Check my sharkscope.. Honest story tho, no bull. x

• edited July 2009
    Thanks..To be fair, when i did deposit the tenna i had been playing on here for ages but never actually created a bankroll. The first £10 i spun up to £70 on a cash table then decided to bankroll it, so i'd say my bankroll actually started at around £70. From then i have won a few of the gaurenteed tornies - (£250, £600 BH) and a few seconds and thirds along the way.. The last two weeks my bankroll has gone up from strength to strength.. I've brought into the 0.5/1 games with £40 and few times and on each occasion left with £100 plus.. I also play the heads up sit and go's alot.. Check my sharkscope.. Honest story tho, no bull. x
    Posted by essexpoker

Good stuff.

I'm using a 5% entry rule for SnG and 2% entry rule for MTT (although I'm tempted to raise that to 5% too). I know there are MTT Sats that fall within the my current 2% range but I can't be bothered with them at the moment, haha.

£169 now, almost back to my high of £180 and not too far off getting back into the black! I'm only playing two or three games a day though.

You're doing very well, hope it continues for ya!

• edited July 2009
    Hi, i started playing about 3 months ago after depositing £5. After almost losing it all on heads up 4 player tournaments etc i found double your money games. I was winning on the 30p 1s, then i moved up to 55p, £1.15, £2.25 and finally £5.50. Because 50% cash i find the variance low and so i have devised my own bank roll rule for playing DYM. Move up when the next level is 8% of your bank roll. If it becomes more than 10% move back down until you make it back up to being 8% where you can move back up. That way you will never go broke. Anyway I have managed to turn my bankroll into a couple of hundred using these rules (including sky bonuses) and i am soon to be playing £11 games.
  • edited July 2009
    Cheers, I have noticed that some people don't understand the concept of money, I don't mind but I often wonder why they, for example, go all-in with junk in the first 3 levels. Amazes me sometimes. Also about playing the £5 sng's i'll get a lot of practise before doing that lol.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

hi m8 keep it up as u are doing good

i've been on this site 7 weeks 1st 3 weeks just played £2.20 deep stacks  4th week  30p sng 5th 60p sng 6th £1.15 DYM'S wanted to learn as much as pos in first 2 months and have some fun so from 1st of aug will start with £50 and my bankroll structure will be

tourney's 5%     sng's   2-3%  cash tables  2/4 blinds  any winnings i have at the end of the month play a bigger tourney 

but listen dude keep going the way u are and you will have a lot of fun m8

michael  alias  DTWBANDIT
  • edited July 2009
    Cheers DTWBANDIT
  • edited July 2009
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Hi Dudeskin, great work cashing in your first 10 DYMs. All I would say is, don´t get too complacent. I´ve cashed in 13 DYMs in a row before going on a horrendous downswing.

At the moment I´ve cashed in 14 out of my last 19, so life feels pretty good right now, but if you read my blog you´ll see how quickly it can turn into a nightmare if you don´t play to the correct limits.

So, I would build up slowly. I´d move to 60p DYMs when you hit 12 quid. And then on to the 1.15 tables when you hit 23 pounds. Stick to this rigidly and don´t be tempted to ´cheat´ by going up a level early and you´ll feel a great sense of achievement when you get there.

Best of luck!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Sit N Go success :
     So, I would build up slowly. I´d move to 60p DYMs when you hit 12 quid. And then on to the 1.15 tables when you hit 23 pounds. Stick to this rigidly and don´t be tempted to ´cheat´ by going up a level early and you´ll feel a great sense of achievement when you get there. Best of luck!
    Posted by RichOrford
    Absolutely agree. Stick to the 5% rule, and don't be ashamed to move down a level if you need to.

£1.15 DYM = £23+ bankroll
    £2.25 DYM = £45+ bankroll
    £5.50 DYM = £110+ bankroll

I've been working my way up and I'm currently in the £5.50 range. The transition from £2.25 - /> £5.50 was a struggle at first and involved me moving back down a few times before I got comfortably over £110.
    But it does work. If you check my sharkscope graph you can see the point at which I started proper BR management at around 195 games - the trend has been UP since then.

• edited July 2009
    Thanks Rich and Nosey, great advice. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Hi guys (dude'/Rich and El')

Got to agree with you about the SNG's... I have my new £20 roll I have started blogging about and I am going to have to bite the 'slow' bullet and start on the DYMS. I am writing down the levels you have recommended Elliot and will go up to £1.15s when I have hit £23. HERE WE GO!

Dave

p.s. read the blogs fellas
  • edited July 2009
    Hi guys (dude'/Rich and El') Got to agree with you about the SNG's... I have my new £20 roll I have started blogging about and I am going to have to bite the 'slow' bullet and start on the DYMS. I am writing down the levels you have recommended Elliot and will go up to £1.15s when I have hit £23. HERE WE GO! Dave p.s. read the blogs fellas
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Hi Grim, which blog is this in?
  • edited July 2009
    Dude' will be in all future blogs once i start the grinding from later today. :)
  • edited July 2009
    .. oh and stop playing for the day when you just know it's not your day! I've only played two tonight and I get that feeling after finishing out of the top three on each. Everything was going wrong.
    Close the lobby and open a beer :-)

• edited July 2009
    i hate grinding i always blow my role :(
  • edited July 2009
    .. oh and stop playing for the day when you just know it's not your day! I've only played two tonight and I get that feeling after finishing out of the top three on each. Everything was going wrong. Close the lobby and open a beer :-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Excellent post. When my winning streak suddenly stopped i was kinda like what the dickens, it wasn't a nice feeling but then I stupidly played again straight away ( I Shouldn't have i know) luckily i cashed .But i shuddn't have gone into that game with an angry mindset. Also a few days later won my first game of the day felt good, then in the 2nd had KQ off raiseed preflop, 1 caller, flop KKJ, thought here we go, checked as usual he bet i called then turn came T so went big he called, river 4 went all in he called, bust out by straight he had QT. This really taught me to be careful with sets lol. Then i lost again ouch was feeling rough by now, so gave it a rest for a while.

So what i've learned so far is never play DYM after you've just lost.

EDIT: i never say Dickens lol, won't let me say h ell
  • edited July 2009
    I think that is an orford straight!!! TJQK... 4 handed straight ;) must of been really unlucky to lose to that! lol, did you mean he had AQ?
  • edited July 2009
    I think that is an orford straight!!! TJQK... 4 handed straight ;) must of been really unlucky to lose to that! lol, did you mean he had AQ?
    Posted by hustler12
    LOL, nah he defo had QT, that image kinda burned on my retina. I think an Ace or 9 fell on the turn or river.