You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DOAS ANY1 KNOW WHO HARRY CHAPIN IS?

edited April 2010 in The Shed
hi every1,
i got an email off sum1 on here saying they miss my posts or sumthing, and ive got something i want to ask everyone so i thougt ide start a small poll.
harry chapin was a singer/guitar player, around in the 70's and 80's and im shocked that i only discoverd him about a year ago. he wrote the songs cats in the cradle, mr tanner, W.O.L.D and many more and had alot of succsess before he tragically died at the height of his carrear in 1985 aged 38. he was an amazing performer and he also really cared about people and dedicated his life and carrear to feeding people and holding benifit gigs. the reason im so stressed about this is that i played an acoustic night at a local pub on sunday, i played cats in the cradle because i new it would go down well, which it did, however, NO ONE new who harry chapin was, which was strange because i was talking to older guys who will have been around exactley when harry was at his height. so basically if youve never heard of him go straight on you tube and look for his songs, ive put my recomendations in bold above^.harry was a story teller and each song he did was a vivid story.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to DOAS ANY1 KNOW WHO HARRY CHAPIN IS?:
    hi every1, i got an email off sum1 on here saying they miss my posts or sumthing, and ive got something i want to ask everyone so i thougt ide start a small poll. harry chapin was a singer/guitar player, around in the 70's and 80's and im shocked that i only discoverd him about a year ago. he wrote the songs cats in the cradle, mr tanner, W.O.L.D and many more and had alot of succsess before he tragically died at the height of his carrear in 1985 aged 38. he was an amazing performer and he also really cared about people and dedicated his life and carrear to feeding people and holding benifit gigs. the reason im so stressed about this is that i played an acoustic night at a local pub on sunday, i played cats in the cradle because i new it would go down well, which it did, however, NO ONE new who harry chapin was, which was strange because i was talking to older guys who will have been around exactley when harry was at his height. so basically if youve never heard of him go straight on you tube and look for his songs, ive put my recomendations in bold above^.harry was a story teller and each song he did was a vivid story.
    Posted by nirvana29
    Yes, I remember Harry Chapin, especially W.O.L.D. He wasn't really my taste but good luck to you in spreading knowledge of his talent.