You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

seems like an ordinary hand in a bounty hunter tourney, but...

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
A pretty standard tactic - Ive seen used before,

Comments

• edited April 2010
    the guy with the aces won a big pot before this one taking a bounty, then announced he had to go also, and said he was holding 3 4.
    he obv has no shame and it's unfortunate that someone fell for it!
    names have been changed to protect the innocent and the guilty.
    this is so poor, I had to post it.
    PocketElls Small blind  50.00 50.00 3150.00
    olegnoleg Big blind  100.00 150.00 3390.00
      Your hole cards

why Call  100.00 250.00 3575.00
    gooligan Call  100.00 350.00 9255.00
    shamefulAll-in  11480.00 11830.00 0.00
    PocketElls Fold     
    olegnoleg Fold     
    why All-in  3575.00 15405.00 0.00
    gooligan Fold     
    shamefulUnmatched bet  7805.00 7600.00 7805.00
    why Show

shamefulShow
    • A
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

• A

shameful Win Three Aces 7600.00  15405.00
  • edited April 2010
    That kind of behavior is unacceptable Im not into reporting people but this person needs some kind of warning!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: seems like an ordinary hand in a bounty hunter tourney, but...:
    That kind of behavior is unacceptable Im not into reporting people but this person needs some kind of warning!
    Posted by Donut64
    As long as you are not abusive or racist in the chat box you can say pretty much whatever you want. If you are playing a live game and a guy tells you he is gonna have to shove all in cause he needs a wee - are you gonna believe him? No!!!!

Its just tactics, no reportable offence has been committed and anyone who is gullable enough to believe anything that is said in the chatbox, seriously needs to look at their game.
  • edited April 2010
    I thought it was against the rules of the game to name your cards rightly or wrongly while betting was in progress! Maybe Im wrong? In Response to Re: seems like an ordinary hand in a bounty hunter tourney, but...:
    In Response to Re: seems like an ordinary hand in a bounty hunter tourney, but... : As long as you are not abusive or racist in the chat box you can say pretty much whatever you want. If you are playing a live game and a guy tells you he is gonna have to shove all in cause he needs a wee - are you gonna believe him? No!!!! Its just tactics, no reportable offence has been committed and anyone who is gullable enough to believe anything that is said in the chatbox, seriously needs to look at their game.
    Posted by POKERTREV
  • edited April 2010
    Anouncing the cards that you do have whilst other players are still in the game is very wrong.

It is bad ettiqette to tell someone what cards you have.
    It is not in my opinion bad ettiqette to suggest you have a good hand when you don't.
    And it is not in my opinion bad ettiqette to suggest you have a bad hand when you don't.

Edited###
  • edited April 2010
    You suggest a better hand with your betting not words same with suggesting weakness IMO In Response to Re: seems like an ordinary hand in a bounty hunter tourney, but...:
    If I tell you I have AA and I do - This is wrong If I tell you I have AK and I do - This is wrong If I tell you I have 3,4 off suit but I don't - this is not wrong Anouncing the cards that you do have whilst other players are still in the game is very wrong. It is bad ettiqette to tell someone what cards you have. It is not in my opinion bad ettiqette to suggest you have a good hand when you don't. And it is not in my opinion bad ettiqette to suggest you have a bad hand when you don't.
    Posted by POKERTREV
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: seems like an ordinary hand in a bounty hunter tourney, but...:
    You suggest a better hand with your betting not words same with suggesting weakness IMO In Response to Re: seems like an ordinary hand in a bounty hunter tourney, but... :
    Posted by Donut64
    Hi Donut.
    Here is an extract of some poker ettiqette, so maybe you do have some grounds for complaint.

POKER ETIQUETTEThe following actions are improper, and grounds for warning, suspending, or barring aviolator:Deliberately acting out of turn.Deliberately splashing chips into the pot.Agreeing to check a hand out when a third player is all-in.Reading a hand for another player at the showdown before it has been placed faceup on thetable.Telling anyone to turn a hand faceup at the showdown.Revealing the contents of a live hand in a multihanded pot before the betting is complete.Needlessly stalling the action of a game.Deliberately discarding hands away from the muck. Cards should be released in a low line offlight, at a moderate rate of speed.Stacking chips in a manner that interferes with dealing or viewing cards.Making statements or taking action that could unfairly influence the course of play, whether ornot the offender is involved in the pot.
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks for that I can go to bed now!
  • edited April 2010
    U gotta do what u gotta do.

The unfortunate thing is....

It happened in a tourny - which he prob didnt even cash in - so he looks like the bad guy, and had nothing to show for it. :(
  • edited April 2010
    In the rules of poker if you call you are entitled to see his hole cards.Might be bad etiquette but you paid for the imfo.
  • edited April 2010
    Poker = game of deception, deception should be at the forefront of your mind when someone does this and you only have yourself to blame if you call light and are found wanting.

To call the guy Shameful for such a ploy is to try and suggest that we should tell the truth at the table, Which 100% misses the point of the game. Unless this guy has actually shown a pattern of shoving it all in with nothing to be knocked out as he had to leave then you must proceed with caution in these circumstances.

this is not shameful, it is just poker