You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Starting a new tourney after finishing another one

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat
Does anyone else find it difficult to switch gears abck down after going deep in a tournament, and then immediately starting a new one? The transition back down to 10/20 blinds throws me for a while. Is this common for everyone?

Comments

• edited April 2010
     Yh i defiantly find it abit weird and hard to adjust after going deep then getting back to the small blinds, because its such a contrast from the aggro style you need as you get close to the bubble and then back to the slow start lol. i have the same problem if i play heads up for a few hours then go to play a 6 seater table find myself playing to many hands and being abit to aggresive lol
  • edited April 2010
    Going straight from a BH to a DYM is like going from F1 to golf! Especially if you have gone deep in the BH not that I do! :)
  • edited April 2010
    Yes definately!! Once you have gone deep in an MTT, the buzz & excitement that goes with it makes it very hard to start again straight away (especially if you have been doing this for 4/5 hrs that night) !!

I usually multi-table 3/4 MTTs at once which i find mentally challenging especially when they are all at different blind levels! When it gets to about midnight ive always had enough and usually feel quite drained :)