You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Whats a average return on cash?

edited April 2010 in Poker Chat

Hiya im fairly new to playing cash as my main format, and was just wondering how much is a good return? recently i have been playing a couple of hours a night as been busy and been on average about 2 Buy Ins up. obviously had the odd bad day but this is my average return in the few weeks ive been playing regularly.  

Just wondered what the cash regs consider a average return? 

Comments

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Whats a average return on cash?:
     Hiya im fairly new to playing cash as my main format, and was just wondering how much is a good return? recently i have been playing a couple of hours a night as been busy and been on average about 2 Buy Ins up. obviously had the odd bad day but this is my average return in the few weeks ive been playing regularly.     Just wondered what the cash regs consider a average return? 
    Posted by robc

I wouldn't consider thinking about it until I had played enough hands to get a reasonable sample.

You could play for 1 hour and win £500 at NL50 but if that was just from 10 AA vs Kk which all held in pre then it doesn't really matter, isn't an example of your win rate in any way and will most likely just make you over confident and or completely misjudge your skill level.

Back in the day maybe 4 years ago 50k hands was a super big sample whereas now with the aggression in todays games you want 6 figure samples. A couple of weeks worth of sessions where you just play your best forget about the counters we use to score and just try to keep making the best decisions you can. Make sure you keep records of your sessions, length, table strength, how well you played, and results. Then go back over them after your time period is up.
  • edited April 2010
     Point taken mate il see how i continue and start recording how i do as you said. 

And wow winning £500 on nl 50 is along way for me just yet (more like £25-£30 on 4-8p haha)

Cheers again mate 

• edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats a average return on cash?:
     Point taken mate il see how i continue and start recording how i do as you said.   And wow winning £500 on nl 50 is along way for me just yet (more like £25-£30 on 4-8p haha)     Cheers again mate        
    Posted by robc

Winning 500 at NL50 is the same as 300 at nl30 and 40 at nl4 the game is just big blinds.
  • edited April 2010
    But the opposition is alot harder at NL50 thats what i was getting at if i popped onto a NL50 table atm i would get crushed unless got a nice run of luck lol
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Whats a average return on cash?:
    In Response to Whats a average return on cash? : I wouldn't consider thinking about it until I had played enough hands to get a reasonable sample. You could play for 1 hour and win £500 at NL50 but if that was just from 10 AA vs Kk which all held in pre then it doesn't really matter, isn't an example of your win rate in any way and will most likely just make you over confident and or completely misjudge your skill level. Back in the day maybe 4 years ago 50k hands was a super big sample whereas now with the aggression in todays games you want 6 figure samples. A couple of weeks worth of sessions where you just play your best forget about the counters we use to score and just try to keep making the best decisions you can. Make sure you keep records of your sessions, length, table strength, how well you played, and results. Then go back over them after your time period is up.
    Posted by beaneh

+1 agree you need at least an 100k+ sample to work out your average return on cash, only problem is if you only play one table...thats about 1000 hours grinding cash lol.

GL grinding :-)
  • edited April 2010
    Lol very good point, i have tried multi tabling and dont mind 2 but for me takes all the fun out of it if i go any more than that.